Anyone got a suggestion for a fav guitar tuner plug in?

Discuss VST stuff here!
KevTav

16 Feb 2020

I need something really precise. I usually tune basses and guitars with hardware, but I need something able to be thrown in as an insert. And the Reason default tuner just basically sucks. It green lights on a wide RANGE of cents in pitch. Like, a lot. Never noticed how much.
Yamaha DGX-650 (Controller) - Komplete Audio Interface - Asus GR8 2 - Intel Core i7-7700 3.60 GHz - 16GB RAM - Audio Technica ATH M50x - Yamaha HS 80Ms - Reason 10 - Izotope - Cubase - Pro Tools - Ableton - Epiphones - Taylors - SH*TLOAD of Plug-Ins

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Feb 2020

KevTav wrote:
16 Feb 2020
I need something really precise. I usually tune basses and guitars with hardware, but I need something able to be thrown in as an insert. And the Reason default tuner just basically sucks. It green lights on a wide RANGE of cents in pitch. Like, a lot. Never noticed how much.
These guys do some pretty good VSTs.
https://www.gvst.co.uk/gtune.htm
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

KevTav

16 Feb 2020

MrFigg wrote:
16 Feb 2020
KevTav wrote:
16 Feb 2020
These guys do some pretty good VSTs.
https://www.gvst.co.uk/gtune.htm
Thanks Man
Yamaha DGX-650 (Controller) - Komplete Audio Interface - Asus GR8 2 - Intel Core i7-7700 3.60 GHz - 16GB RAM - Audio Technica ATH M50x - Yamaha HS 80Ms - Reason 10 - Izotope - Cubase - Pro Tools - Ableton - Epiphones - Taylors - SH*TLOAD of Plug-Ins

KevTav

16 Feb 2020

Good little tuner they have btw. But I just discovered that my bass is WAY off and needs a setup. I dropped it and the fret board is like 20 cents off tune fretted now. Was wondering what happened. Now I know.

I'm keeping that tuner though. Seems really accurate.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Feb 2020

KevTav wrote:
16 Feb 2020
Good little tuner they have btw. But I just discovered that my bass is WAY off and needs a setup. I dropped it and the fret board is like 20 cents off tune fretted now. Was wondering what happened. Now I know.

I'm keeping that tuner though. Seems really accurate.
Yeah. It’s a good one. I seem to remember seeing a VST called extremely accurate tuner or something. It might have been in Podfarm...hmmm
Anyway...you’re not DrDre. Don’t drop the bass :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

KarmaFunkarma

16 Feb 2020

This by far the most accurate tuner software I have ever seen. Beats the Peterson software by a mile IMO. I own roughly 30 guitars/basses and set them all up myself (plus dozens of others for friends). This is the tuner I use for setting intonation and for tuning whenever I record.

https://www.ircamlab.com/products/p2242-The-Snail/

aeox
Competition Winner

16 Feb 2020

KevTav wrote:
16 Feb 2020
The one that comes in Reason is the best I've used so far

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Feb 2020

aeox wrote:
16 Feb 2020
KevTav wrote:
16 Feb 2020
The one that comes in Reason is the best I've used so far
To be honest that’s the one I always use too.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Creativemind

16 Feb 2020

So the built in one has a wide range cent wise. I've always found the in built one decent.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Proboscis

16 Feb 2020

Creativemind wrote:
16 Feb 2020
So the built in one has a wide range cent wise. I've always found the in built one decent.
Really ? I've found it to be of little use, and GVST's GTune as a far better option

The advantages of (free) GTune for me are:

Cents value +/-
Hz Value
Can be added to Rack Instruments for precise tuning of synths/samples
Can run multiple instances at once

My only gripe is that it isn't a Rack Extension. I discovered not so long ago that the GVST dev did actually create an RE, but I think it was his one and only (and it wasn't the tuner)

Creativemind

16 Feb 2020

Proboscis wrote:
16 Feb 2020
Creativemind wrote:
16 Feb 2020
Really ? I've found it to be of little use, and GVST's GTune as a far better option

The advantages of (free) GTune for me are:

Cents value +/-
Hz Value
Can be added to Rack Instruments for precise tuning of synths/samples
Can run multiple instances at once

My only gripe is that it isn't a Rack Extension. I discovered not so long ago that the GVST dev did actually create an RE, but I think it was his one and only (and it wasn't the tuner)
Well I tune my guitar with the in-built one. Always works sufficiently.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

• Information