Alternatives to Iris 2?

Discuss VST stuff here!
chimp_spanner

15 Feb 2020

Just found this in my Izotope account - forgot I'd bought it! It's pretty good fun but the lack of time stretching really nerfs what it's capable of. Any other VSTs out there that can do a similar thing, but with more features?

TheDragonborg

15 Feb 2020

It does have timestretching... I'm using it with a DnB bass sample and it keeps it at the same speed when I select the Radius RT pitch mode... the things this VST can do to a sample is insane. I just bought Iris 2 yesterday for less than $8 on sale on Plugin Boutique. What other VST offers as much as this one does at that price? So it lacks editable timestretch but I'm fine with that limitation considering what I paid for it.

chimp_spanner

15 Feb 2020

TheDragonborg wrote:
15 Feb 2020
It does have timestretching... I'm using it with a DnB bass sample and it keeps it at the same speed when I select the Radius RT pitch mode... the things this VST can do to a sample is insane. I just bought Iris 2 yesterday for less than $8 on sale on Plugin Boutique. What other VST offers as much as this one does at that price? So it lacks editable timestretch but I'm fine with that limitation considering what I paid for it.
Oh really? I must be really blind (or tired!). I did google it and recent-ish posts were saying it was a missing feature. How do you do it?

*NVM found it. I need to start wearing my glasses. Only thing I can't find still is the playback rate.

LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

17 Feb 2020

Playback rate would be related to pitch.... seems that what you might need to do is externally time stretch to the speed you want, then import to iris then use Radius.

Been a while since we've played with Iris, may have to dive in a bit on this :D

danc

18 Feb 2020

TheDragonborg wrote:
15 Feb 2020
In a completely different price league... But UVI Falcon 2 has stunning timestretch features. The sampling features are the best you can get.
Check my Soundcloud:

Boombastix
Competition Winner

18 Feb 2020

Serato Sample has pitch and time stretch per slice, but can also play one slice over a keyboard.

Serato can slice, Iris2 cannot.
Iris2 can layer sounds, manipulate the spectra by "painting" and add several FX, Serato cannot.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

• Information