Nearly There - 'The Free Orchestra!'

Discuss VST stuff here!
BananaSkins

10 Jan 2020

The Free Orchestra
Remember the Free Trumpets? It marked the beginning of ProjectSAM, almost 18 years ago! About time to re-launch our free sounds section.

In a few weeks time, we will launch the Free Orchestra, a selection of sounds taken from our ever-growing catalogue, free for the entire composer community to download. The Free Orchestra will require the full version of Kontakt and will feature its own, dedicated interface.

We’re almost ready to upload the first Free Orchestra instrument to our website. Check back next week!
https://projectsam.com/library-category ... orchestra/
Last edited by BananaSkins on 10 Jan 2020, edited 1 time in total.

joeyluck

10 Jan 2020

That looks to be an old link.

The Free Orchestra has been live for quite some time now (currently 12 released instruments):

But thank you for the reminder as I didn't have the last two :puf_smile:

BananaSkins

10 Jan 2020

joeyluck wrote:
10 Jan 2020

The Free Orchestra has been live for quite some time now (currently 12 released instruments):

Yeah I have just number 12: Luminous Choir to download - thought the post might be benificial to some forum users?

joeyluck

10 Jan 2020

BananaSkins wrote:
10 Jan 2020
joeyluck wrote:
10 Jan 2020

Yeah I have just number 12: Luminous Choir to download - thought the post might be benificial to some forum users?
Oh for sure, but that post and link make it sound like it's not released yet. So people reading it will think there's nothing to download yet. They should probably update or remove that page...

How did to come across that page? Because I can't seem to navigate to it from the site's home page...only the main link/tab to the Free Orchestra I shared in the post above.

BananaSkins

10 Jan 2020

I just hit the Free Orchestra Link at the top of the page.

But I have now changed the link to take you straight there. :thumbs_up:

joeyluck

10 Jan 2020

BananaSkins wrote:
10 Jan 2020
I just hit the Free Orchestra Link at the top of the page.

But I have now changed the link to take you straight there. :thumbs_up:
Weird that's the link I posted, which is the one at the top of the homepage. Not sure how it directed you to the other.

But in any case... :thumbs_up:

Brosefski

11 Jan 2020

BananaSkins wrote:
10 Jan 2020
The Free Orchestra
Remember the Free Trumpets? It marked the beginning of ProjectSAM, almost 18 years ago! About time to re-launch our free sounds section.

In a few weeks time, we will launch the Free Orchestra, a selection of sounds taken from our ever-growing catalogue, free for the entire composer community to download. The Free Orchestra will require the full version of Kontakt and will feature its own, dedicated interface.

We’re almost ready to upload the first Free Orchestra instrument to our website. Check back next week!
I'm looking at their product line. Holy crap that's expensive. Roughly 2.7k for all their samples. What's the difference between their libraries and packs? Are their packs refills in a sense? For instance the swing library is $300 but their pack is $700.
:reason: :recycle: :re:

deigm

11 Jan 2020

Is this a Kontakt version of the ProjectSAM RE? Or something else entirely?

esselfortium

11 Jan 2020

deigm wrote:
11 Jan 2020
Is this a Kontakt version of the ProjectSAM RE? Or something else entirely?
It's something else. The ProjectSAM RE was, if I understand correctly, made from a subset of what's included in Symphobia 1.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

jam-s

11 Jan 2020

Brosefski wrote:
11 Jan 2020
What's the difference between their libraries and packs?
To me it looks like packs are just bundles of their (expensive) libraries with some (minor) discount.

Brosefski

11 Jan 2020

jam-s wrote:
11 Jan 2020
To me it looks like packs are just bundles of their (expensive) libraries with some (minor) discount.
It seems their "libraries" come with some kind of GUI vst while the packs don't seem to advertise that. I should just write to them I suppose. I'm interested in some of these libraries. They look really good.

jam-s

11 Jan 2020

Brosefski wrote:
11 Jan 2020
It seems their "libraries" come with some kind of GUI vst while the packs don't seem to advertise that. I should just write to them I suppose. I'm interested in some of these libraries. They look really good.
The GUI VST is just Kontakt (Player). (See the "specs / System Requirements" section of each library)

Brosefski

11 Jan 2020

jam-s wrote:
11 Jan 2020
Brosefski wrote:
11 Jan 2020
The GUI VST is just Kontakt (Player). (See the "specs / System Requirements" section of each library)
Ooooooh! Got it! :thumbs_up: Thanks for clarifying.

• Information