Bias FX 2 upgrade

Discuss VST stuff here!
estm8ben

06 Jan 2020

Here is my message to support @ Positive Grid - Bias FX. Maybe someone, here, knows what I'm dealing with and can help me:

I have upgrades to Bias FX 2 Elite.
My Reason files worked great with Bias FX. The parameters of the units in the VST would save and the VST would process the sound right away.
Now I'm making new files in Reason.
When I switch out the Bias FX VST for Bias FX 2, I have these issues:
-the sound won't process until I find the VST, open the window, and let Bias FX 2 show me the connected effects.
-when I set parameters, they don't save. For example, I have one setting that uses UniVibe. The default type is Chorus, not Vibrato. I switch to Vibrato. I move the rate down to 1 and the intensity up to full. I save a Preset in Bias FX 2 in my Bank 1. I save my Reason song with the VST in it. When I reopen the song, the UniVibe settings are back to default.
Also, when I reopen the song, I get no guitar sound. As I stated above, until I open the Bias FX 2 VST window, I get now sound. Once I see the connected effects and amps, I hear processed (any) sound.
In Reason, I've save the channel preset to a file. I can find it in a folder. I make all the Bias FX 2 parameter settings are saved as described above. When I close Reason and reopen that song, the channel preset shows the saved name. But when I open the VST window, Univibe is back to all default settings.
This never happen with Bias FX (1).
Please help me find out what has changed. I paid good $$ to get Bias FX 2 Elite.
Is the file structure different? Do I have to have the save location or the install location on a certain path? I left all settings default during upgrade.

• Information