Waldorf Attack weird behavior

Discuss VST stuff here!
PhaseTransition

02 Jan 2020

Hello,

Any Waldorf Attack users here?
I have Reason 10.4 (Win10) and I purchased Waldorf Edition 2 today. Now I'm having trouble with Attack 2.2.2 .
When I play any sound and turn some of Attacks knobs the sound becomes crippled.
Like cut and/or bent and so on.
This is extremely annoying since I want to tweek sounds while playing sequences.
Does anyone have similar problems?
Thanks!
Last edited by PhaseTransition on 03 Jan 2020, edited 2 times in total.

dusan.cani

02 Jan 2020

Hi,

I am not Waldorf Attack user, but I have experienced similar problems with other VST plugins within Reason. For example Mau Synth VSTi produces dropouts in the sound while you are tweaking some knobs. Or ToneBoosters plugins cause dropouts when tweaking knobs and UI is slow/laggy. Sugar Bytes synths (Factory for example) has also very slow UI. All these plugins work totally OK in other DAWs.

Reason VST support has still problems but I don't think they will fix this in the future. It seems they don't care about this. You just need to accept the fact that you are not guaranteed that your VST plugin will work ok in Reason.

PhaseTransition

02 Jan 2020

Oh wow. This are pretty bad news. All of my other VSTs work fine!
:cry:
Thanks for your answer.

dusan.cani

02 Jan 2020

Sorry for that :-/ ...

But I am just guessing...

Maybe your problem lies elsewhere...try if Waldorf Attack works fine in other DAW (Reaper for example. You can also have portable version, you don't need to install it)

And try to contact waldorf support ;)

PhaseTransition

02 Jan 2020

Yes good idea! I have tried NanoHost by Tone2. That seems to handle Attack like normal.
I will try to contact Waldorf.
Thank you!

JdA57

02 Jan 2020

PhaseTransition wrote:
02 Jan 2020
Hello,

Any Waldorf Attack users here?
I have Reason 10 and I purchased Waldorf Edition 2 today. Now I'm having trouble with Attack 2.2.2 .
When I play any sound and turn some of Attacks knobs the sound becomes crippled.
Like cut and/or bent and so on.
This is extremely annoying since I want to tweek sounds while playing sequences.
Does anyone have similar problems?
Thanks!

Using Attack with Reason 10.d.4 (MAC)

Same here, sounds in many situations wired while changing parameters like:

Delay is on, you change a parameter and the delay is pitching wild or

changing Drive and first tone is sounding like the init-sound and so on ...
(Maybe it's a bufferproblem)

- - - - -

same happens with full-buckets-vst's in Reason (worked fine in each other DAW, like now Attack). Prop's won't fix it, but Full-Buckets VST's works fine in Reason since Full-Bucket implement NKS-compatibility (end last year).

So, yes, I think Props will not fix it for Reason 10, so we've AGAIN to write to Waldorf (like again and again because crashes and heavey bugs in PPG 3 - in nearly all DAW's)

Last message I got from Waldorf (Nov. 2019) was, they have and will update all they're Plugs because MAC Catalina, so they will look into the other problems too.

PhaseTransition

02 Jan 2020

:| Hmmm...so maybe there is hope!?
I tried quite a few Drumsynths and Attack is by far my favorite in terms voices, effects and easy-to-useness.
I have sent an e-mail to their support but was not expecting them to care about their dated software.

Another weird behavior:
With Imageline Drumaxx came another VST-Host "Minihost".
When I load up Attack there the whole thing crashes instantly.
So maybe it's not just Reasons fault.

ksniod

02 Jan 2020

Hello, i had also the crashing problem in Bitwig : Attack was making the audio engine stop and the plugin was pu offline (fortunately Bitwig isolates the plugin and avoids the whole program to crash).
Then I saw it was the vst3 version of the plugin. the vst2 version wasn't even showed in Bitwig.
The guys at Bitwig told me to report to Waldorf, thing that I did, but they never bothered answering...

I have no problem whatsoever with Attack in Reason (vst2 obviously), nor in Live (vst2 and vst3), be it the crashing thing or a sound problem.
(btw, I'm on Mac, old MacBook Pro, and all latest versions of the daws mentioned)
EDIT : Live just crashed when closing Attack (vst2). Still no trouble with Reason though ;)

PhaseTransition

02 Jan 2020

ksniod wrote:
02 Jan 2020
I have no problem whatsoever with Attack in Reason (vst2 obviously), nor in Live (vst2 and vst3), be it the crashing thing or a sound problem.
(btw, I'm on Mac, old MacBook Pro, and all latest versions of the daws mentioned)
EDIT : Live just crashed when closing Attack (vst2). Still no trouble with Reason though ;)
Damn! This is weird! Is this also v2.2.2 (Shown by clicking on the Attack logo) and Reason 10?
Maybe a different Version of Attack will do it for me.

I will try this on my girlfriends Macbook.
Thanks!

PhaseTransition

03 Jan 2020

I did a test on a Macbook with Reason 10.4 and Attack 2.2.1 now.
Same behavior but after a slightly longer time period. :(
To sad. I really like Attack.

Strange thing is, If i let multiple LFOs or CV knobs modulate Attacks parameters in real time via CV everthing works fine.
But as soon as I click on Attacks interface the problems appear.

LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

03 Jan 2020

Will take a look today at this for you guys, on Win10 here with R11Suite so be a decent double check if R11 helps

PhaseTransition

03 Jan 2020

:) Awesome!
Thanks!

• Information