Sustain on Reason Pianos refill

Discuss VST stuff here!
MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Dec 2019

Can’t remember. Can I get sustain on Reason Pianos refill like you can on Rad Piano? Or do I just need to add a reverb? Thanks.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Gardinski

26 Dec 2019

Hi Mr Figg,

If by your question you mean "can I use variable sustain like I can with Rad Piano?" (ie, half- or three-quarter pedalling for a more truncated sustain, etc), then I don't think you can with Reason Pianos. But for 'normal' (ie.100%, full-on) sustain, you certainly can.

Incidentally, I've just picked up a Nektar Expression Pedal, which works beautifully with Radical Piano's variable sustain. It's amazing how much difference it makes in terms of subtlety and nuance. Not all MIDI controllers have an input for an expression pedal, but the Nektar Panoramas do, and I'd urge you to pick one up if you want to get the most out of Rad Piano.

Happy whatsits,
Gardinski.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Dec 2019

Gardinski wrote:
26 Dec 2019
Hi Mr Figg,

If by your question you mean "can I use variable sustain like I can with Rad Piano?" (ie, half- or three-quarter pedalling for a more truncated sustain, etc), then I don't think you can with Reason Pianos. But for 'normal' (ie.100%, full-on) sustain, you certainly can.

Incidentally, I've just picked up a Nektar Expression Pedal, which works beautifully with Radical Piano's variable sustain. It's amazing how much difference it makes in terms of subtlety and nuance. Not all MIDI controllers have an input for an expression pedal, but the Nektar Panoramas do, and I'd urge you to pick one up if you want to get the most out of Rad Piano.

Happy whatsits,
Gardinski.
Thanks man. Yeah I actually bought an expression pedal for my Line 6 KB37 but for some reason Lune 6 have decided that their stuff will only work with mono jacks...probably just so they can sell their own expression pedals. I’ve got a Kawai ES100 digital piano which I bought a usb midi cable for. There’s a sustain pedal on that which works great with Rad Piano. Thing is I don’t like Rad Piano and think the pianos in the refill sound much better so that’s why I was wondering. Thanks again though.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information