Lounge Lizard EP-4 question.

Discuss VST stuff here!
MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Dec 2019

Quick question for anyone who’s got Lounge Lizard. I see it’s been upgraded to version 4.3. The description of all the new stuff says they’ve added a “character” knob. I’ve got the Session version and as far as I remember there’s always been a character knob in that. I don’t think there’s much difference between the session and the full version except for more tweaking on the mechanical parts and a larger preset library. Could anybody who’s got the latest version please maybe clarify for me if they’ve changed much in 4.3 and if it’s really worth upgrading from Session. Thanks :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Dec 2019

If anyone is interested, I couldn't resist any longer so I went ahead and upgraded. So happy. Totally kicks Radical Keys out of the picture. Again...so happy. Brilliant VST :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Proboscis

25 Dec 2019

MrFigg wrote:
25 Dec 2019
If anyone is interested, I couldn't resist any longer so I went ahead and upgraded. So happy. Totally kicks Radical Keys out of the picture. Again...so happy. Brilliant VST :)
Glad to see your downsizing desire is going so well. :lol:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Dec 2019

Proboscis wrote:
25 Dec 2019
MrFigg wrote:
25 Dec 2019
Nah it’s cool man. It was an upgrade from an instrument which survived the downsize :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

zoidkirb

25 Dec 2019

MrFigg wrote:
25 Dec 2019
Proboscis wrote:
25 Dec 2019

Nah it’s cool man. It was an upgrade from an instrument which survived the downsize :).
And if I ever downsized I'd never give up my lounge lizard either. Such a solid bread and butter electric keys sound.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Dec 2019

zoidkirb wrote:
25 Dec 2019
MrFigg wrote:
25 Dec 2019

And if I ever downsized I'd never give up my lounge lizard either. Such a solid bread and butter electric keys sound.
It really is. And I'm so happy I upgraded. I've been back and forth for the best part of a year on whether it'd be worth it. And it totally was. There's something about Radical Keys which has never sat right with me. Seems weak somehow. Lounge Lizard on the other hand is truly awesome. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Proboscis

25 Dec 2019

I just threw it onto something I'm working on - I have the session version - Patch bright rhodes phaser with the verb cranked up is pretty tasty on the chords I'm playing around with. I should probably invest a little more time exploring the sounds of the few VST that I own.

zoidkirb

25 Dec 2019

MrFigg wrote:
25 Dec 2019
zoidkirb wrote:
25 Dec 2019

It really is. And I'm so happy I upgraded. I've been back and forth for the best part of a year on whether it'd be worth it. And it totally was. There's something about Radical Keys which has never sat right with me. Seems weak somehow. Lounge Lizard on the other hand is truly awesome. :)
Good to know. Honestly, I only just realised I'm on the session version, and there's a full version out there. I'll probably give it a demo, but wait for future sales, in light of recent conversations about downsizing and resisting gas :p
AAS somehow don't get a lot of exposure compared to how good their products are.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Dec 2019

zoidkirb wrote:
25 Dec 2019
MrFigg wrote:
25 Dec 2019

Good to know. Honestly, I only just realised I'm on the session version, and there's a full version out there. I'll probably give it a demo, but wait for future sales, in light of recent conversations about downsizing and resisting gas :p
AAS somehow don't get a lot of exposure compared to how good their products are.
I’ve seen three sales come and go before I went ahead. At the moment the upgrade is half price and I’ve never sen it lower than that so I just figured why not. Remember. Downsizing and upgrading can go hand in hand. Reduce the amount of stuff you’ve got and optimize the potential of the stuff you have :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Proboscis

25 Dec 2019

Did you update through AAS or PiB ? I can't seem to make sense of PiB for an upgrade path for single instruments within the trio session bundle that I bought previously (Lounge Lizard, Strum, Ultra Analogue)

And what's the fidderence in Loungue Lizard's upgrade ? As you mentioned, there is already a character knob. Is it the FX ? Comparing to the screenshot, EP4 has flanger & distortion, but not Chorus & Phaser in the earlier version.

Proboscis

25 Dec 2019

Nevermind - I see that the added Effects button opens up a whole new panel of functions

zoidkirb

25 Dec 2019

MrFigg wrote:
25 Dec 2019
zoidkirb wrote:
25 Dec 2019

I’ve seen three sales come and go before I went ahead. At the moment the upgrade is half price and I’ve never sen it lower than that so I just figured why not. Remember. Downsizing and upgrading can go hand in hand. Reduce the amount of stuff you’ve got and optimize the potential of the stuff you have :).
Sage advice Mr F. With that in mind the thing I'm waiting on in 2020 is upgrade sales on Reason 11 and cubase 10.5 :D

Loque

26 Dec 2019

How does it compare to Arturia stuff like Wurli, Stage73, Clavinet,...?
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Dec 2019

Loque wrote:
26 Dec 2019
How does it compare to Arturia stuff like Wurli, Stage73, Clavinet,...?
I wondered that myself. Gospel Musicians Neo-Soul Keys is half price at the moment for example. To be honest though, to me in any case, the Lounge Lizard is versatile enough for my needs and sounds great to my ears :). That in conjunction with the upgrade price being only €40 just now removed any need for me to compare it with other similar instruments. I can tell you that Radical Keys doesn’t even get a look in compared to LL.
As far as the Wurlitzer sound, I read somewhere on some forum that it was added more out of convenience, but the strength of LL was the a Rhodes modeling. You can tweak just about everything you could have done with a screwdriver on a real one.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information