Bassroom

Discuss VST stuff here!
groggy1

20 Dec 2019

I found a useful tool, so sharing. Bassroom, by "Mastering the Mix" is a vst to help you EQ your low-end on the master bus.

Before I go on, I have to admit that I got interested in this plugin after watching the Snake Oil video on this. Yes, I know. I'm ashamed to admit it. :)

Anyway, I wanted to recommend this plugin to others, because I actually found it really useful in the past week, it's solving a real problem for me: The low-end in my tracks is always too loud. Always.

Everything sounds great on my monitors, but I guess my monitors don't put out any low-end. And I don't have a sub. So when I take a track and go play it in the car, suddenly the bass is OUT OF CONTROL loud.

I tried a bunch of things to fix this problem, like using reference tracks. But the fact that I just can't hear the bass well in the mixing room is still a problem.

So, Bassroom has actually helped me: You tell it the EQ *target* that you're shooting for (e.g. I'm making a "Pop Dance" song), and it listens to a portion of your track, and then recommends target-levels for the EQ bands.

What I really like about it is that this tool is MADE for fixing the low-end. I don't have problems with mid and high, so this is perfect for me!

PhillipOrdonez

20 Dec 2019

I love this plugin. Too bad it doesn't work in Reason yet. I found out after buying it that the demo works just fine, but once you authorise, it will crash. So now I only use it on a different daw, which is fine by me; I already only mix outside of Reason, but beware if Reason is your only daw.

Edit: shame on you! 😂

Popey
Competition Winner

20 Dec 2019

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
20 Dec 2019
I love this plugin. Too bad it doesn't work in Reason yet. I found out after buying it that the demo works just fine, but once you authorise, it will crash. So now I only use it on a different daw, which is fine by me; I already only mix outside of Reason, but beware if Reason is your only daw.

Yep I had the same issue with animate by the same company in reason so just use it in stereo one. I got bassroom during black friday and echo your sentiments, it does one job but does it well (I like the fact you can add any song as a reference too)

PhillipOrdonez

20 Dec 2019

Popey wrote:
20 Dec 2019
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
20 Dec 2019

Yep I had the same issue with animate by the same company in reason so just use it in stereo one. I got bassroom during black friday and echo your sentiments, it does one job but does it well (I like the fact you can add any song as a reference too)
Yes, being able to load your own reference and then select the section you want to use to measure is very handy indeed.

• Information