BF 2019 - So What Did You Get And How Much Did You Spend?

Discuss VST stuff here!
aeox
Competition Winner

05 Dec 2019

m.arthur wrote:
05 Dec 2019
I bought ANTIDOTE for the absurdly low price of 49 dollars (instead of 189, I think?). Now that's what Black Friday is all about.
The synapse bundle was 99 :shock:

Biolumin3sc3nt

05 Dec 2019

aeox wrote:
05 Dec 2019
m.arthur wrote:
05 Dec 2019
I bought ANTIDOTE for the absurdly low price of 49 dollars (instead of 189, I think?). Now that's what Black Friday is all about.
Yeah... Synapse Bundle Black Friday 2020 lol

guitfnky

05 Dec 2019

aeox wrote:
05 Dec 2019
m.arthur wrote:
05 Dec 2019
but if you don't want/need any of the other stuff (or already have most of what you want, like I do), it doesn't make sense to buy the bundle, even though it is an incredible deal.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

aeox
Competition Winner

05 Dec 2019

Biolumin3sc3nt wrote:
05 Dec 2019
aeox wrote:
05 Dec 2019

Yeah... Synapse Bundle Black Friday 2020 lol
?

VariableX

05 Dec 2019

m.arthur wrote:
05 Dec 2019
brilliant synth! unreal price!

VariableX

05 Dec 2019

diminished wrote:
05 Dec 2019
VIVIsect wrote:
05 Dec 2019
I'm a returning Reason user who has never really bought into REs, always had VSTs, but this year I decided to pick up a few, thanks to the Rack plugin. Got:

Synapse Audio: Bundle
Kuassa: Kratos 2
Tonicmint: ScaleMatrix, Note Monitor, Negate. Bought ChordLine during an earlier sale, and I'll probably end up getting everything he ever releases. Good stuff.

Also picked up a couple drum libraries from Shroom.

Spent somewhere close to $200 I guess.
Good choices :)
agree, very clever choices :thumbs_up:

botnotbot

05 Dec 2019

m.arthur wrote:
05 Dec 2019
I have a strong feeling you aren't going to regret it! Antidote to me is just plain fun to program.

My favorite part is digging into that amazing effects section after tweaking a core sound for a while. It's like remembering there is ice cream in the freezer and going in for some forbidden-because-delicious snacking.

VariableX

05 Dec 2019

botnotbot wrote:
05 Dec 2019
m.arthur wrote:
05 Dec 2019
I have a strong feeling you aren't going to regret it! Antidote to me is just plain fun to program.

My favorite part is digging into that amazing effects section after tweaking a core sound for a while. It's like remembering there is ice cream in the freezer and going in for some forbidden-because-delicious snacking.
routing external sounds through them too

craste

05 Dec 2019

I got:

Fab Filter compressor
Selig The Leveler
Audiorealism bass line 3

Well happy

DougalDarkly

05 Dec 2019

Deleted
Last edited by DougalDarkly on 09 Jan 2020, edited 1 time in total.

BRIGGS

05 Dec 2019

superpop wrote:
05 Dec 2019
Only 2 REs:

kiloHearts kHs ONE 1.0.1 FULL: 9.00 USD
Blamco Filter 1.0.1 FULL: 9.00 USD

No VST.
Thanks for mentioning khs ONE! $9 is 'no brainer'!!! :lol:
r11s

botnotbot

06 Dec 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
05 Dec 2019
botnotbot wrote:
05 Dec 2019

routing external sounds through them too
So good, right?! Antidote is definitely the kind of synth I would recommend to someone who prefers a minimalist approach of buying/using/learning carefully only a small number of instruments and effects. (Note: I am not such a person though I respect and sometimes envy them ;) ).

Before Europa and Grain came out, Antidote was actually one of the only synths I found that could route external CV to envelope sustain using the internal mod matrix (combinators as usual provided a workaround, but anyway).

So it even has that Thor-like "it's also a CV utility" thing as well as being a great instrument and a great effects chain.

EdGrip

06 Dec 2019

Antidote is still probably my favourite GUI on a soft synth - even though it doesn't have graphical wavetables and envelopes and all that jazz. Just something about it I find really inviting.
I feel at this point it's an honourary stock synth.

Reminiscence

06 Dec 2019

Soundtoys Bundle 99 buckaroos... :ugeek:

Was hoping for a Garritan Anthology special, but no luck.

kuhliloach

06 Dec 2019

$0. I was hoping to upgrade to Reason Suite but it never went on sale.

BRIGGS

06 Dec 2019

kuhliloach wrote:
06 Dec 2019
$0. I was hoping to upgrade to Reason Suite but it never went on sale.
That was 'plan A'. :puf_unhappy:

'Plan B' was to pickup one or two low priced REs. :puf_smile:
r11s

Loque

06 Dec 2019

Reminiscence wrote:
06 Dec 2019
Soundtoys Bundle 99 buckaroos... :ugeek:

Was hoping for a Garritan Anthology special, but no luck.
Did you got the complete bundle for test price? And you didn't shared the info?
Reason12, Win10

Loque

06 Dec 2019

I bought, beside a few other things, Dune3 without trying.......and......i......must.......say........

HOLY F&%§!!!

Synapse really nailed it!
Reason12, Win10

VariableX

06 Dec 2019

Loque wrote:
06 Dec 2019
I bought, beside a few other things, Dune3 without trying.......and......i......must.......say........

HOLY F&%§!!!

damn, wish i could afford that!
what price did you pay?

Loque

06 Dec 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
06 Dec 2019
Loque wrote:
06 Dec 2019

HOLY F&%§!!!

what price did you pay?
viewtopic.php?p=477527#p477527

I think it was around 100 bucks...I was struggling, because its still a bit high since i already have a lot of stuff. But i am quite surprised, how good it sounds. Well, its Synapse, i should have expected this...I tried the Tone2 synths and they were ok, nice to have if the price is right, but Dune3 kicks those synths in the...
Reason12, Win10

retreed
Competition Winner

06 Dec 2019

I went for some creative RE stuff:
Negate
Shape LFO Editor
The Loopcracker Suite
Parafilter III Sequencer

And of course there was a synth offer one could not resist:
DS Thorn :lol:

I hope all enjoy their purchases and make some good music! :thumbs_up:

botnotbot

06 Dec 2019

retreed wrote:
06 Dec 2019
I went for some creative RE stuff:
Negate
Shape LFO Editor
The Loopcracker Suite
Parafilter III Sequencer

And of course there was a synth offer one could not resist:
DS Thorn :lol:

I hope all enjoy their purchases and make some good music! :thumbs_up:
Negate landed in my checkout basket as well! I was on the fence because I know it's a short climb in player purchases to the the player that can patch them all together -- Delta. But I decided I would pay full price for Delta when the time comes.

For now I'll keep chipping in for rack players that scratch such specific niches. TonicMint did catch some extra euros I wouldn't have spent if I had known Selig's note monitor would go free.. But as the French say.. c'est la vie!

Parafilter is a perennial looker, as is Etch Red (even if it rarely goes on sale). Curious to hear what you make with it.

retreed
Competition Winner

06 Dec 2019

botnotbot wrote:
06 Dec 2019
Negate landed in my checkout basket as well! I was on the fence because I know it's a short climb in player purchases to the the player that can patch them all together -- Delta. But I decided I would pay full price for Delta when the time comes.

For now I'll keep chipping in for rack players that scratch such specific niches. TonicMint did catch some extra euros I wouldn't have spent if I had known Selig's note monitor would go free.. But as the French say.. c'est la vie!

Parafilter is a perennial looker, as is Etch Red (even if it rarely goes on sale). Curious to hear what you make with it.
I think there is no reason to believe that Delta makes other players redundant. Delta can absolutely do almost everything but for some tasks, you dive hours into that player layering and connecting stuff, which can be absolutely satisfying. On the other hand sometimes you have a nice melody written down and just smash stuff like Negate on it to see what happens. It always depends on if you want to dive deep with something or need something rather limited to be creative.

I paid for NoteView a while ago, but I am sure no one worries when buying stuff from Selig. This man not only provides good tools and support but also gives back his valuable experience and knowledge to the Reason(Talk) gang. :thumbs_up:

VariableX

06 Dec 2019

Loque wrote:
06 Dec 2019
fretshot7 wrote:
06 Dec 2019

what price did you pay?
viewtopic.php?p=477527#p477527

I think it was around 100 bucks...I was struggling, because its still a bit high since i already have a lot of stuff. But i am quite surprised, how good it sounds. Well, its Synapse, i should have expected this...I tried the Tone2 synths and they were ok, nice to have if the price is right, but Dune3 kicks those synths in the...
Nice!
I'd totally have this synth if I could justify the outlay.

botnotbot

06 Dec 2019

retreed wrote:
06 Dec 2019
botnotbot wrote:
06 Dec 2019

I think there is no reason to believe that Delta makes other players redundant. Delta can absolutely do almost everything but for some tasks, you dive hours into that player layering and connecting stuff, which can be absolutely satisfying. On the other hand sometimes you have a nice melody written down and just smash stuff like Negate on it to see what happens. It always depends on if you want to dive deep with something or need something rather limited to be creative.
I clearly need to improve my communication skills. It should have been clear that I wholeheartedly agree with everything you've said, as I intended to convey it in my previous post.

Delta absolutely does make other players redundant --- after you patch it in. When I need that, I will pull it in full price without complaint. It will sit next to a bunch of players it can technically implement but which I am happy to own and thrilled to reach fo.

• Information