BF 2019 - So What Did You Get And How Much Did You Spend?

Discuss VST stuff here!
hurricane
Competition Winner

04 Dec 2019

I didn't snag as much this Black Friday as last year's. I'm curious to see what you got and why. Free stuff too.

I had to get Vacuum Classic because it came free with my version of Pro Tools and I used it so much that I wanted the AU/VST version to use in Reason and Logic. It was $9.99 and I've seen it go cheaper but whatever, I wanted it.

Oxium for $23 was a surprise because I never seriously looked at it and after I demoed it I was sold. It has a classic analog sound (some say it sounds like the Jupiter) but can also do more modern stuff, and it is really easy to use. I love it.

Abbey Road Saturator + the MDMX distortions + Submarine = $43 and it was worth it.

Waves Berzerk was a good freebie.
As was Free Angels by 8Dio.

So, I spent $76 for a bunch of stuff I am definitely going to use. I'm content.

Oh, and I spent ZERO on Rack Extensions, refills, or Reason updates. :puf_bigsmile:
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

challism

04 Dec 2019

I didn't get much this year, but more than I have bought in the last 2 BFs.

I got the free Selig NoteView (thank you very much Giles!)
And I couldn't decide between ScaleMatrix and ChordLine, so I got them both for $78

I'm happy with my new tools :)
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Bes
Competition Winner

04 Dec 2019

complex-1 and kron were my main buy this year, i also picked up disperser and some others
- Certified Reason expert

MannequinRaces

04 Dec 2019

Didn't buy anything this year. Reason Suite and some purchases I made earlier in the year are still holding me over (Synthetic Rig and some other synths). The few things I was interested in were not on sale.

Steedus
Competition Winner

05 Dec 2019

I didn't want to buy something I didn't necessarily want/need (Soundtoys was tempting though), so I ended up getting Felt Instruments' Lekko piano VST even though it wasn't on sale. A little bit of buyers remorse though, as I can't really seem to get the sound I expected out of it...

MrFigg
Competition Winner

05 Dec 2019

Glitchmachines Palindrome. Been waiting for ages for it to go on sale and it was so cheap that I couldn’t pass on it.

Pantheon II refill. Same.

Oberon. Total last minute purchase but extremely glad I did.

PSP B-Scanner. Excellent VST and only $9.99 down from $70.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

PhillipOrdonez

05 Dec 2019

Wasn't going to buy anything initially. Then ended up buying reference 4 and gullfoss. 🤷‍♂️

zoidkirb

05 Dec 2019

Picked up enlightenspeed loopcracker bundle for Reason. Way too hard to pass up at that price.
Grabbed 2nd sense Wiggle because I wanted a really fun tweakable synth to use in Cubase.
I'm still way under my 'war chest' amount of $120 which I had set aside for a Reason upgrade :o

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

05 Dec 2019

Pump for 9 euros. That's all. It's already been put to good use. I'm happy.

aeox
Competition Winner

05 Dec 2019

I spent $330 on RE

Efektor DL3606 Delay

Blamco Equalizer Pack

Mutagen Multiband Distortion

Fritz

DYN-4 Dynamic Processor

Mace Professional Compressor

Synapse RE Collection

The Loopcracker Suite

Beat Crush 12-Bit Distortion

No VST purchases.
Last edited by aeox on 05 Dec 2019, edited 1 time in total.

WeLoveYouToo

05 Dec 2019

waves vocal rider and j37
stil not sure what to get as my free plug.
also bought addictive drums
also upgraded my melda productions free suite to the full version
and started building an IRL marimba with black friday mahogany at the wood store

WeLoveYouToo

05 Dec 2019

hurricane wrote:
04 Dec 2019

Oh, and I spent ZERO on Rack Extensions, refills, or Reason updates. :puf_bigsmile:
yeah... i feel like rack extentions had some energy up until vst’s became a thing in reason and now... no one cares about even bothering with them.

VariableX

05 Dec 2019

Only one thing, and it was last minute, but i've always wanted it so it wasn't impulse more that even on sale it cost more than i wanted to spend on it. Euclid player device $29 i think it was, so i'm pretty happy with the item but not the price haha 😳

dezma

05 Dec 2019

RE:
Polystep seq
I didn't want to spend another dime on props stuff, but I had this loop that sounded really nice where I used a trialed polystep and off course forgot to export notes.

VST:
Dune3

Sounds:
Techno exp for VPS avenger

Still in doubt for Geist2 & melodyne upgrade from essential to assistant. (they have extended periods and are still on sale).

I've been looking for a tool that can do drag and drop from the host DAW inside the VST, then chop it up either to grid, or to user defined transient, and then export the midi back to DAW. I've tried a lot of them and none seem to deliver on all checkboxes.

dezma

05 Dec 2019

WeLoveYouToo wrote:
05 Dec 2019
yeah... i feel like rack extentions had some energy up until vst’s became a thing in reason and now... no one cares about even bothering with them.
Must be extremely frustrating for the developers spending a lot of time learning a new SDK, giving away a considerable chunk of the margin to the platform

FLVZ

05 Dec 2019

aeox wrote:
05 Dec 2019
I spent $330 on RE

Efektor DL3606 Delay

Blamco Equalizer Pack

Mutagen Multiband Distortion

Fritz

DYN-4 Dynamic Processor

Mace Professional Compressor

Synapse RE Collection

The Loopcracker Suite

Beat Crush 12-Bit Distortion

No VST purchases.
I have a number of these REs, you're going to have so much fun with the Synapse & Panda stuff!

I saw SoundToys 5 for like £99. Couldn't turn that away!
Oberon was tempting but I've not learned eXpanse well enough so i had to fight off the GAS no REs bought, and waiting on the point updates to see if its worth upgrading to 11 currently it is a waste of money to upgrade without suite. I'll buying Pro Tools next month so buying suite is not an option right now!

guitfnky

05 Dec 2019

I got a bunch of stuff, none of it Reason-related.

• Harrison Mixbus ($40)
• Plug & Mix VIP bundle ($40 for 50 excellent plugins)
• Rayzoon Jamstix standard—so I can drive Addictive Drums without having to manually play everything note-by-note ($60)

I wanted to pick up the $50 upgrade to Melodyne’s standard version (whatever it’s called), but I had to cut myself off since I have to buy Christmas presents soon. 😆

so far, all money well-spent! 😃
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

superpop

05 Dec 2019

Only 2 REs:

kiloHearts kHs ONE 1.0.1 FULL: 9.00 USD
Blamco Filter 1.0.1 FULL: 9.00 USD

No VST.

Popey
Competition Winner

05 Dec 2019

Quiet black friday for me as just picked up bassroom and free waves berserk vst. Considered avenger or dune 3 but have more than enough synths and still getting to grips with rapid and massive x so would have been overkill. My wallet certainly appreciated it.

hurricane
Competition Winner

05 Dec 2019

aeox wrote:
05 Dec 2019
I spent $330 on RE
Nice - one guy singlehandedly keeping REs alive, lol.
WeLoveYouToo wrote:
05 Dec 2019
Yeah, well when you put out a boring compressor and charge $59 for it - good luck to you, RE Developer.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

VIVIsect

05 Dec 2019

I'm a returning Reason user who has never really bought into REs, always had VSTs, but this year I decided to pick up a few, thanks to the Rack plugin. Got:

Synapse Audio: Bundle
Kuassa: Kratos 2
Tonicmint: ScaleMatrix, Note Monitor, Negate. Bought ChordLine during an earlier sale, and I'll probably end up getting everything he ever releases. Good stuff.

Also picked up a couple drum libraries from Shroom.

Spent somewhere close to $200 I guess.

diminished
Competition Winner

05 Dec 2019

VIVIsect wrote:
05 Dec 2019
I'm a returning Reason user who has never really bought into REs, always had VSTs, but this year I decided to pick up a few, thanks to the Rack plugin. Got:

Synapse Audio: Bundle
Kuassa: Kratos 2
Tonicmint: ScaleMatrix, Note Monitor, Negate. Bought ChordLine during an earlier sale, and I'll probably end up getting everything he ever releases. Good stuff.

Also picked up a couple drum libraries from Shroom.

Spent somewhere close to $200 I guess.
Good choices :)
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

05 Dec 2019

hurricane wrote:
05 Dec 2019
aeox wrote:
05 Dec 2019
I spent $330 on RE
Nice - one guy singlehandedly keeping REs alive, lol.
WeLoveYouToo wrote:
05 Dec 2019
Yeah, well when you put out a boring compressor and charge $59 for it - good luck to you, RE Developer.
To me it seems like there's interest in both VSTs and REs. At least judging by this thread.
Personally I'm way more interested in REs. But at this point I've got so many great REs that there's not much more that I want.
The only VSTs I use is Ozone stuff for mastering purposes. Mostly the exciter and multiband compression if I need that.

Biolumin3sc3nt

05 Dec 2019

I wish I could have helped out the RE Developers this BF, but I got sidetracked. The Synapse bundle -- I'm still kinda kicking myself in the rear for not getting, but ended up with 2 Softube goodies. Harmonics and Monoment.

Monoment, I already made at least 4 previous "Tracks" with when I was trialing, and Harmonics just sounded too good and at a Hundred bones off, that was my budget. Lil over $110 bucks for both and I'm happy!

Always love the Softube stuff, but I couldn't justify the Tube Tech Collection even at sale price.

Plan on buying the Reason 11 suite at a later date, and of course there was no upgrade price

m.arthur

05 Dec 2019

I bought ANTIDOTE for the absurdly low price of 49 dollars (instead of 189, I think?). Now that's what Black Friday is all about.

• Information