Positive Grid`s AMP2 crashes

Discuss VST stuff here!
Bumbum

03 Dec 2019

I can add AMP2 to the rack but when i try to open the vst, it just opens the loading screen for few seconds and then whole reason crashes. No issues with other VST`s.
Anyone else had these issues with AMP2 ? What could be the solution?

EdGrip

03 Dec 2019

Positive Grid are the company with a distortion pedal download that was 80mb or something. I never made it further than that.

guitfnky

03 Dec 2019

sad to hear their stuff is still buggy. there’s an issue I have with Bias FX (1) that sometimes causes the patch to bypass, so I don’t hear any of the amp sims or effects, and have to reopen the project. it’s not a dealbreaker since it doesn’t happen that often, but it’s a pain in the ass and I’m not upgrading to a new version until they make it more stable. shame too, their amp models sound incredible.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

boggg1

04 Dec 2019

I recall it repeatedly crashing when I tried to set up the ASIO drivers (stand alone version). It would not offer ASIO drivers so I chose Windows drivers in the hope I could make progress. Then I would get the ASIO driver option. So I picked ASIO (to replace Windows drivers) and it would crash. Same thing many times. Had to reset Windows to totally get out of Positive Grid so I guess a residual part of the program was crashed somewhere in memory.

Then I took the installation instructions literally and started the stand alone version and logged into SoundCloud BEFORE I set the drivers. This time the ASIO drivers appeared and it started working normally. I have forgotten what happened when I got into SoundCloud but I vaguely recall pressing "Register" or something similar.

The stand alone version was now working so I then checked the Reason plugin. It also worked.
I just checked it now - it still works.

Summary: Stand alone version + log into SoundCloud, then set the drivers in that order - that was what made it work for me.

Hope this helps.
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_balance: :refillpacker: :rt:

Bumbum

05 Dec 2019

boggg1 wrote:
04 Dec 2019
I recall it repeatedly crashing when I tried to set up the ASIO drivers (stand alone version). It would not offer ASIO drivers so I chose Windows drivers in the hope I could make progress. Then I would get the ASIO driver option. So I picked ASIO (to replace Windows drivers) and it would crash. Same thing many times. Had to reset Windows to totally get out of Positive Grid so I guess a residual part of the program was crashed somewhere in memory.

Then I took the installation instructions literally and started the stand alone version and logged into SoundCloud BEFORE I set the drivers. This time the ASIO drivers appeared and it started working normally. I have forgotten what happened when I got into SoundCloud but I vaguely recall pressing "Register" or something similar.

The stand alone version was now working so I then checked the Reason plugin. It also worked.
I just checked it now - it still works.

Summary: Stand alone version + log into SoundCloud, then set the drivers in that order - that was what made it work for me.

Hope this helps.
hmm strange thing,i uninstalled whole amp2 and then re installed it, then ran the standalone first and started reason and tried vst,.... it worked! no crash!

thanks for the help!

• Information