Nexus3 crash Reason

Discuss VST stuff here!
wwwobbler

30 Nov 2019

So, yesterday I upgraded to Nexus3, updated all expansions etc via reFX Cloud, and fired Reason 10 up. Around 5 seconds after I had dragged Nexus3 into the rack, Reason crashed. I tried a few times, only to see the registration screen and *poof*, hard crash. Have opened a ticket at refx.com, but haven't yet received any replies.

Anyone else experiencing the same crashes? Running latest Reason 10 on an iMac (10.14.6 Mojave)

wwwobbler

30 Nov 2019

Just saw that there's a 3.0.1 update avaliable. Downloaded and tried to enter my registration information inside Reason, but it still crash (both before entering the details and after). Gah.

Loque

30 Nov 2019

Doesnt it have a stand-alone mode?
Reason12, Win10

wwwobbler

30 Nov 2019

Loque wrote:
30 Nov 2019
Doesnt it have a stand-alone mode?
Not that I am aware of. I have used Nexus2 as a VST earlier without problems, and plan to keep it that way.

I just bought a full R11 Suite upgrade just to see if things would be good, but of course not. R11 still crash like a burning rusty jet as soon as I try to add Nexus3 in the rack …

tobypearce

30 Nov 2019

Same for me. Hard crash, almost immediately after loading. I'm on a Mac.

Quite a lot of other people (although not everyone) in the same boat on the rex nexus facebook page.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

wwwobbler

30 Nov 2019

tobypearce wrote:
30 Nov 2019
Same for me. Hard crash, almost immediately after loading. I'm on a Mac.

Quite a lot of other people (although not everyone) in the same boat on the rex nexus facebook page.
Somewhat glad to hear that I'm not the only one experiencing problems (to say the least). I see that reFX doesn't list Reason as a compatible host (which is a bummer), but since Nexus 2 worked super nice I was under the impression that N3 would, too. My panic-purchase-upgrade of R11 was in vain too it seems.

tobypearce

30 Nov 2019

It's not just Reason - it's crashing other DAWs too.

wwwobbler

01 Dec 2019

I got sent a beta update that so far seems to keep N3 up and running.

wwwobbler

01 Dec 2019

The 3.0.3-update seems stable so far, so yeah – things might look a bit brighter.

Btw, love the idea with that "one track per week". Will have a listen to your tracks as soon as I get some time :)

tobypearce

07 Dec 2019

Thanks!

Yes - all good here with 3.0.3 onwards - seems solid now.

(And I love that they've done away with iLok - I always shied away from Nexus as I couldn't use it on my laptop.)

I'm really enjoying Nexus.

groggy1

07 Dec 2019

No crashes for me with latest version.

Btw, I love the focus in Nexus3 on the full-screen librarian. It's such a nice way to filter quickly, and is super *fast*. It's a dream to browse through the presets now.
I compare this to the preset-chooser in Softube plugins, which is an absolute disaster - the giant icons waste screen-space without adding information/value, and overall I just stay away from presets in Softube, since it's so confusing.

It's rare that an upgrade comes out, and I'm thinking "yeah, this really was more than I expected".

• Information