Sometimes I install Pod Farm 2.5

Discuss VST stuff here!
MrFigg

Post 23 Nov 2019

Sometimes I install Pod Farm 2.5 and then that same day I uninstall it. Something about it I just don’t like. Then I see something like an Echoplex VST or a Uni-Vibe VST and I think...there’s one of those in Pod Farm so I install it again...and then that same day uninstall it again. Just now I realised there’s a Vox AC-30 model in there which I can’t remember ever trying so....here goes again.
Anybody here still use Pod Farm and what do you really think about it? :)

Steedus

Post 23 Nov 2019

I have a version 1 license but I haven’t used it in years.. You mentioned an echoplex vst .. well I’ve gotta pipe in and say this is my absolute favourite. Give the demo a try, if you turn the vari speed down it gets so good for ambient guitar stuff.

https://www.audiority.com/shop/plexitape/

Sadly it’s not included in their BF sale...

guitfnky

Post 23 Nov 2019

never really got too familiar with Pod Farm, since I’d always opted for the hardware Pod I had when actually recording, though I did play around with it a bit. the sounds were great for their time, but don’t hold a candle to today’s amp modeling plugins.

wendylou

Post 23 Nov 2019

Back when Line 6 was new in Reason, I bought Pod Farm 2.5 Platinum. I was using JBridge to keep it going in Reason until I just moved to Catalina and lost the ability to run any 32-bit apps. So now I just use Kuassa FX and amps, and other FX in Reason.
:PUF_balance: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

MrFigg

Post 24 Nov 2019

wendylou wrote:
23 Nov 2019
Back when Line 6 was new in Reason, I bought Pod Farm 2.5 Platinum. I was using JBridge to keep it going in Reason until I just moved to Catalina and lost the ability to run any 32-bit apps. So now I just use Kuassa FX and amps, and other FX in Reason.
I’ve got Platinum. There’s a 64bit version. Have a look on Line6 if you’ve still got your account.

MrFigg

Post 24 Nov 2019

guitfnky wrote:
23 Nov 2019
never really got too familiar with Pod Farm, since I’d always opted for the hardware Pod I had when actually recording, though I did play around with it a bit. the sounds were great for their time, but don’t hold a candle to today’s amp modeling plugins.
Yeah. I think that’s what gets me every time I install it. They just don’t replace Kuassa. I’m still pretty intrigued by that P&M AC-30 amp sim so after reading what you wrote I’m going to try that out today. Thanks :)

MrFigg

Post 24 Nov 2019

Steedus wrote:
23 Nov 2019
I have a version 1 license but I haven’t used it in years.. You mentioned an echoplex vst .. well I’ve gotta pipe in and say this is my absolute favourite. Give the demo a try, if you turn the vari speed down it gets so good for ambient guitar stuff.

https://www.audiority.com/shop/plexitape/

Sadly it’s not included in their BF sale...
Hahaha. Yeah. The only one that’s not in the sale. Typical. Thanks.

xboix

Post 24 Nov 2019

For me guitar effects must be hardware. There is something soulless about stuffing a guitar straight into an audio interface and fiddling with a mouse.

Despondo

Post 24 Nov 2019

I have it installed and run it through Blue Cat Audio's patchwork https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/P ... PatchWork/ (Only way to run it in Reason on the Mac) mainly for legacy tracks I wrote before the Line6 devices disappeared from Reason. I also have these Refills http://www.jiggery-pokery.com/guitars.html from Jiggery Pokery, that relied on the Line6 devices as well, although he updated it to use the new Softube Amp devices.

MrFigg

Post 02 Dec 2019

Well...just thought I'd tell you that for the first time since I got it I'm actually really liking it. Vox amp, spring reverb and college drums on octorex and I'm rockin' it Velvet Underground style. Glad I gave it another shot :).

pushedbutton

Post 02 Dec 2019

I gave my UX2 away when i got a ballance and didn't spend a second thinking about podfarm thereafter.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

MrFigg

Post 02 Dec 2019

pushedbutton wrote:
02 Dec 2019
I gave my UX2 away when i got a ballance and didn't spend a second thinking about podfarm thereafter.
Absolutely. I got a Balance and just use my kb37 as a midi keyboard. If Balance breaks I won’t be using the kb37 as a replacement audio interface. Line 6 sucks for many reason. But until Kuassa make a Vox RE...

• Information