Rob Papen XY Transfer

Discuss VST stuff here!

hurricane
Competition Winner

20 Nov 2019

I’m really tired of all his latest synths looking the same.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Loque

20 Nov 2019

Hum... I don't think RP needs more synths. It probably sounds good and has good patches. Maybe i give it a try.
Reason12, Win10

friday

20 Nov 2019

I don't think it is a synth, I think it is a effect with a lot of movement possibility!?

hurricane
Competition Winner

20 Nov 2019

Apparently it's an effect. See? Looks like his synths so I thought it was a synth. GUI guy needs to stop using that same template he always uses:

goto.jpg
goto.jpg (177.27 KiB) Viewed 980 times
Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 3.49.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 3.49.22 PM.png (283.41 KiB) Viewed 980 times
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

dezma

21 Nov 2019

hurricane wrote:
20 Nov 2019
Apparently it's an effect. See? Looks like his synths so I thought it was a synth. GUI guy needs to stop using that same template he always uses:
Yes, it's an effects bank with some vecto influence.

Reminiscence

21 Nov 2019

looks cool, but sounds same same. (but I may be wrong) :roll:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2019

Hmmm...I bought the eXplorer 5 bundle cheap and was pretty excited about it for a while. Today however, I think out of the lot of them I've only got Reverse and Verb2 left installed.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

dezma

21 Nov 2019

MrFigg wrote:
21 Nov 2019
Hmmm...I bought the eXplorer 5 bundle cheap and was pretty excited about it for a while. Today however, I think out of the lot of them I've only got Reverse and Verb2 left installed.
Have you tried out all of them? Not trying to be a fanboy here, but I got complete tracks based around predator (2). I also like the RAW kick thingy. I's got these ridiculous bass heavy kickdrums that suits more styles than only hardstyle although most of the presets are made with that in mind. Actually the song in my signature came to existence after buying explorer and trying out raw kick.

I do agree that most of the products are rather complex and the GUI's are not the most attractive nor very intuitive. Most plugins have a bit of a learning curve yet most of his stuff really sounds good and he has the habit of making some neat options available that are not like any other plugin. Furthermore he listens to users's feedback and they have a really good customer service.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2019

dezma wrote:
21 Nov 2019
MrFigg wrote:
21 Nov 2019
Have you tried out all of them? Not trying to be a fanboy here, but I got complete tracks based around predator (2). I also like the RAW kick thingy. I's got these ridiculous bass heavy kickdrums that suits more styles than only hardstyle although most of the presets are made with that in mind. Actually the song in my signature came to existence after buying explorer and trying out raw kick.

I do agree that most of the products are rather complex and the GUI's are not the most attractive nor very intuitive. Most plugins have a bit of a learning curve yet most of his stuff really sounds good and he has the habit of making some neat options available that are not like any other plugin. Furthermore he listens to users's feedback and they have a really good customer service.
There’s two things which put me off. Firstly, it feels like nearly all the presets are sequenced loops. I’m a preset kind of guy but loads of the presets there are badadaaabababaaadadadabumdumb when I press a key. Secondly, I am very affected by GUIs and I don’t like the Papen style. I know I should see past that but we’ll...you know.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

joeyluck

21 Nov 2019

MrFigg wrote:
21 Nov 2019
dezma wrote:
21 Nov 2019

There’s two things which put me off. Firstly, it feels like nearly all the presets are sequenced loops. I’m a preset kind of guy but loads of the presets there are badadaaabababaaadadadabumdumb when I press a key. Secondly, I am very affected by GUIs and I don’t like the Papen style. I know I should see past that but we’ll...you know.
They are sorted by type, just don't browse the arpegiated/sequenced patches.

I think the RP GUIs are good. If you can work with Glitchmachines' GUIs, you should be able to work with anything lol

Loque

21 Nov 2019

joeyluck wrote:
21 Nov 2019
If you can work with Glitchmachines' GUIs, you should be able to work with anything lol
Face-slap per excellence :lol:
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2019

Loque wrote:
21 Nov 2019
joeyluck wrote:
21 Nov 2019
If you can work with Glitchmachines' GUIs, you should be able to work with anything lol
Face-slap per excellence :lol:
And the gloves are off Joe.

😂
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information