Re-release of CA-2A as free plug-in planned.

Discuss VST stuff here!
User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 3147
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 15 Nov 2019

For those who missed RE-2A, Cakewalk by Bandlab are planning to re-release CA-2A VST as a free plug-in in the near future.
Also planned are free releases of Z3TA and Dimension Pro. :):):).

student9v
Posts: 46
Joined: 29 Sep 2018

Post 15 Nov 2019

MrFigg wrote:
15 Nov 2019
For those who missed RE-2A, Cakewalk by Bandlab are planning to re-release CA-2A VST as a free plug-in in the near future.
Also planned are free releases of Z3TA and Dimension Pro. :):):).
Where is this information?
:reason: 5, 11 Lite, 7 x64

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 6282
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 15 Nov 2019

Uh...nice... :thumbs_up: Fingers crossed they are more credible than the guys which bought Revival.
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 3147
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 15 Nov 2019

student9v wrote:
15 Nov 2019
MrFigg wrote:
15 Nov 2019
For those who missed RE-2A, Cakewalk by Bandlab are planning to re-release CA-2A VST as a free plug-in in the near future.
Also planned are free releases of Z3TA and Dimension Pro. :):):).
Where is this information?
The information is at the top of this page :)
Also, I spoke with them this morning.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 3147
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 15 Nov 2019

Loque wrote:
15 Nov 2019
Uh...nice... :thumbs_up: Fingers crossed they are more credible than the guys which bought Revival.
Yeah. That whole thing was kind of weird.

reggie1979
Posts: 1176
Joined: 11 Apr 2019

Post 19 Nov 2019

Dimension Pro, is a JOKE. The others might be of interest. The CA-2A is terrific in RE, not sure about other................

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 1499
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 19 Nov 2019

MrFigg wrote:
15 Nov 2019
student9v wrote:
15 Nov 2019

Where is this information?
The information is at the top of this page :)
Also, I spoke with them this morning.
do you have a link to some kind of announcement? I don’t see anything in the cakewalk forums (except a thread pining for it to be rereleased). I assume it should be big news over there.

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 3147
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 19 Nov 2019

guitfnky wrote:
19 Nov 2019
MrFigg wrote:
15 Nov 2019


The information is at the top of this page :)
Also, I spoke with them this morning.
do you have a link to some kind of announcement? I don’t see anything in the cakewalk forums (except a thread pining for it to be rereleased). I assume it should be big news over there.
Nah. It’s straight from the horse’s mouth. I was in touch with them as I couldn’t access a Cakewalk account to authorize my CA-2A VST and we talked a bit and they said it’s in the pipeline. I asked if it was a secret as I didn’t want anybody getting their knuckles rapped if I told folk. They said not really so I posted here.

jlgrimes
Posts: 377
Joined: 06 Jun 2017

Post 19 Nov 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
19 Nov 2019
Dimension Pro, is a JOKE. The others might be of interest. The CA-2A is terrific in RE, not sure about other................
For a free device, it is pretty impressive.

Decent sample library better than typical free stuff. I believe it also plays Sfz as well.

Z3ta was also a nice synth.


Honestly with all of those devices added to Cakewalk would make it a perfect starter app for a newcomer in production.

reggie1979
Posts: 1176
Joined: 11 Apr 2019

Post 19 Nov 2019

jlgrimes wrote:
19 Nov 2019
reggie1979 wrote:
19 Nov 2019
Dimension Pro, is a JOKE. The others might be of interest. The CA-2A is terrific in RE, not sure about other................
For a free device, it is pretty impressive.

Decent sample library better than typical free stuff. I believe it also plays Sfz as well.

Z3ta was also a nice synth.


Honestly with all of those devices added to Cakewalk would make it a perfect starter app for a newcomer in production.
For me, it crashed all the time.

User avatar
Soft Enerji
Posts: 405
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: East Lismore, NSW Australia

Post 21 Nov 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
19 Nov 2019
jlgrimes wrote:
19 Nov 2019


For a free device, it is pretty impressive.

Decent sample library better than typical free stuff. I believe it also plays Sfz as well.

Z3ta was also a nice synth.


Honestly with all of those devices added to Cakewalk would make it a perfect starter app for a newcomer in production.
For me, it crashed all the time.
I got Dimension Pro as part of Sonar Pro Suite back in 2007...I don't recall it crashing at all...Always kinda liked it...

jlgrimes
Posts: 377
Joined: 06 Jun 2017

Post 21 Nov 2019

Soft Enerji wrote:
21 Nov 2019
reggie1979 wrote:
19 Nov 2019


For me, it crashed all the time.
I got Dimension Pro as part of Sonar Pro Suite back in 2007...I don't recall it crashing at all...Always kinda liked it...
Same here. It was always pretty stable.

The DAW on the other hand could be pretty buggy at times.

reggie1979
Posts: 1176
Joined: 11 Apr 2019

Post 21 Nov 2019

IIRC, the main problem was with the loops. Yeah, the host was terribly buggy. Thank god Reason isn't like that.

kitekrazy
Posts: 745
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 27 Nov 2019

Do these happen to be packaged in the Bandlab version?

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 2 guests