Glitchmachines Sales?

Discuss VST stuff here!
Loque

20 Nov 2019

MrFigg wrote:
20 Nov 2019
And I’m assuming it works fine in Reason?
I did not used it much in the last time, but when i used it, it worked.
Reason12, Win10

diminished
Competition Winner

20 Nov 2019

Loque wrote:
20 Nov 2019
diminished wrote:
20 Nov 2019
I've somewhat blindly bought the other stuff and while the sounds coming from their stuff is nuts, I kinda regret it because it doesn't suit my style. I have to force it into my tracks only to drop it at a later stage in the production. This looks great for Dubstep or DnB, though. Do you guys have examples of no-too-weird instrument sounds from Palindrome?
Well, i put them in, if i want some glitches in my sounds and randomly pick a patch. In most cases it delivers.

Ofc you can try to use it in different ways, like only the distortions, which are great here and there. Checkout Gorgon, a early development and its free, for a very nice sound. The glitchy movement comes from their LFOs and envelope followers. If you turn them off, you can use them for sound design too.

I often use the glitch FX with delays, where i dont want clean delays, more like artefacts of delays. Try out a low feedback delay, put in a glitchmachines after a delay or in the feedback loop, add a reverb on top, and now increase the feedback loop. Bam!

Other fx, like the Fogpad from viewtopic.php?f=48&t=7514854, fits perfect in that style.

Another way could be, use a simple pad, add some glitchy fx and random order and amount, generate a sample, put into Grain and Bam! Pure <3
Great suggestions, thanks. I'll experiment further.

Just gave them another go on spoken vocals - two different machines on two parallel channels, noisegated, with different reverbs... pure robotic stuttery glitchy madness. Guess I'm doing exclusively techno from now on, lol.

I think I have to see them as what they are.
Big question, does Palindrome have a audio input? I'd like to use it as a texturizer, too, like Fritz.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Loque

20 Nov 2019

diminished wrote:
20 Nov 2019
Loque wrote:
20 Nov 2019

Well, i put them in, if i want some glitches in my sounds and randomly pick a patch. In most cases it delivers.

Ofc you can try to use it in different ways, like only the distortions, which are great here and there. Checkout Gorgon, a early development and its free, for a very nice sound. The glitchy movement comes from their LFOs and envelope followers. If you turn them off, you can use them for sound design too.

I often use the glitch FX with delays, where i dont want clean delays, more like artefacts of delays. Try out a low feedback delay, put in a glitchmachines after a delay or in the feedback loop, add a reverb on top, and now increase the feedback loop. Bam!

Other fx, like the Fogpad from viewtopic.php?f=48&t=7514854, fits perfect in that style.

Another way could be, use a simple pad, add some glitchy fx and random order and amount, generate a sample, put into Grain and Bam! Pure <3
Great suggestions, thanks. I'll experiment further.

Just gave them another go on spoken vocals - two different machines on two parallel channels, noisegated, with different reverbs... pure robotic stuttery glitchy madness. Guess I'm doing exclusively techno from now on, lol.

I think I have to see them as what they are.
Big question, does Palindrome have a audio input? I'd like to use it as a texturizer, too, like Fritz.
AFAIK it is a sample player and not a FX.
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Nov 2019

diminished wrote:
20 Nov 2019

It has an audio in but I can't work out how to use it as an effect on an audio track...anybody help me?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

20 Nov 2019

MrFigg wrote:
20 Nov 2019
diminished wrote:
20 Nov 2019

It has an audio in but I can't work out how to use it as an effect on an audio track...anybody help me?
Maybe it requires a MIDI-Track with notes?
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Nov 2019

Loque wrote:
20 Nov 2019
MrFigg wrote:
20 Nov 2019

Is it as simple as creating an audio track, flipping the rack, then taking the direct out from the audio track into the audio in on Palindrome. When I do this I can see audio going into my audio track and I can also see the audio going into Palindrome but I can't hear anything. I always get confused when trying to use instrument audio ins as effects. Do I need to create a mix channel? Do I NEED to use it as a send fx?
I tried creating a track for Palindrome but I'm only hearing Palindrome playing. No audio. Even when I click on the green speaker button on the audio track.

Is it maybe standard that the wrapper on all VSTs shows an audio in even if the device itself doesn't actually have one?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

diminished
Competition Winner

20 Nov 2019

MrFigg wrote:
20 Nov 2019
Loque wrote:
20 Nov 2019

Is it as simple as creating an audio track, flipping the rack, then taking the direct out from the audio track into the audio in on Palindrome. When I do this I can see audio going into my audio track and I can also see the audio going into Palindrome but I can't hear anything. I always get confused when trying to use instrument audio ins as effects. Do I need to create a mix channel? Do I NEED to use it as a send fx?
I tried creating a track for Palindrome but I'm only hearing Palindrome playing. No audio. Even when I click on the green speaker button on the audio track.

Is it maybe standard that the wrapper on all VSTs shows an audio in even if the device itself doesn't actually have one?
Does it have a dry/wet knob or something like that? I think all Glitchmachines do, at least the ones I have.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Loque

20 Nov 2019

MrFigg wrote:
20 Nov 2019
Loque wrote:
20 Nov 2019

I cannot try atm. I had some VSTs, which i need to put into a Combinator and create a note-sequencer track for the Combinator. I gotta look into this, if i have a bit time...
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Nov 2019

Loque wrote:
20 Nov 2019
MrFigg wrote:
20 Nov 2019

I cannot try atm. I had some VSTs, which i need to put into a Combinator and create a note-sequencer track for the Combinator. I gotta look into this, if i have a bit time...
Cool. Thanks. I tried doing it like this as this works when I want to put audio through radical piano to use the resonator:
I create a Palindrome holding down shift, send the audio outs to fx send in on the Master Section then the fx return from the master section back into Palindrome. Then in the mixer I engage and select send fx for the audio track to Palindrome. That didn’t work either. Got audio but no fx. I tried creating a note lane too but nothing.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

reddust

20 Nov 2019

Loque wrote:
20 Nov 2019
Bad news, guys...Palindrome for 10 bucks...So pull out your money:
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... Palindrome
thanks or bringing those "bad" news, another copy sold already :lol:
littlejam wrote:
20 Nov 2019
hello
@reddust:
i got them working and bought the bundle
many install as effects in reason and not instruments
which had me confused
still sorting some stuff out

cheers,

j
glad to hear that :)
diminished wrote:
20 Nov 2019
I've somewhat blindly bought the other stuff and while the sounds coming from their stuff is nuts, I kinda regret it because it doesn't suit my style. I have to force it into my tracks only to drop it at a later stage in the production. This looks great for Dubstep or DnB, though. Do you guys have examples of no-too-weird instrument sounds from Palindrome?
I'm trying to use them as the name of the dev team says, like a source for some kind of glitches in my music, same as we can use wavesfactory cassette or time manipulation plugins. I don't know how "weird" my music is or will become when I advance a little bit more on my creations but the idea is to make something understandable that mixes japanese traditional sounds with electronic/robotic music and for that purpose these kind of tools are great

xboix

20 Nov 2019

I'm gonna say it...

Glitchmachines stuff just sucks. Random farts, bleeps and clicks that are all but impossible to frame in a musical context.

I like glitchy drum loops and the odd bleep here and there but I've tried 4 or 5 of their plugins and the one thing they have in common is that they leave me wondering what the fuss is about. I would not install them even if they were free. Gimme ShaperBox or Trash any day of the week. YMMV.

diminished
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2019

reddust wrote:
21 Nov 2019
Here we go again...
Thanks for the earworm :D

reddust

21 Nov 2019

diminished wrote:
21 Nov 2019
reddust wrote:
21 Nov 2019
Here we go again...
Thanks for the earworm :D
haha, I was actually thinking of this one, but I forgot it's in singular and not plural

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2019

Here we go...

🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information