U-He Uhbik 2.0 public alpha goes live (also, new Uhbik-C comp)!

Discuss VST stuff here!
EnochLight

12 Nov 2019

Looks like Urs is updating the Uhbik series. Don't hold your breath for a Rack Extension (ever! :lol: ), but the VST looks like it could be a nice update. It's interesting in this day and age that many devs still seem to be doubling down on skeuomorphism as their GUI/UX of preference:

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopi ... 4#p7570734

Uhbik_C_9313_public_alpha.png
Uhbik_C_9313_public_alpha.png (768.87 KiB) Viewed 1590 times
Uhbik 2.0 comes with a completely redesigned GUI, an all new modulation system with four modulation slots, a multifunctional envelope, an LFO, and a modmapper, so you can finally create much more interesting and lively presets which react to the incoming audio signal.
A simple addition of some modulation will also quickly breathe new life into the old Uhbik factory presets, so be bold and experiment with all the new options.
And to help you see what's going on, we added the scope you might already be familiar with from Hive 2.0.

There is also a brand new member to the family. Say hello to Uhbik-C (can you guess what the C stands for?).
Some other Uhbiks received additional parameters, like Uhbik-P with some new phaser modes.

Uhbik 2.0 also received our new preset browser, which got some upgrades by now, with the option to import/export favourites, and file system drag&drop support.

And, of course, there are many other improvements and bug fixes included.

One important part: The Uhbik 2.0 Mac version is now notarized, so it should be fully compatible with the current and future versions of macOS Catalina.
Please let us know if you experience any issues with the Mac installer.

Ok, before we let you run wild with it, here is an overview of what has been improved since Uhbik 1.3.1 (rev. 3898):

New Features and improvements:

* Mac installer notarized (Catalina)
* Completely new GUI
* New preset browser
* New family member: Uhbik-C
* Uhbik-P got more operation modes (classic 4, 6, and 12 stages)
* Uhbik-P mix parameter now bipolar
* Added wet signal input and output gain parameters for Uhbik-A and D
* Added panning for Uhbik-A early and late reflections
* Modulation system: four mod slots, mod mapper, LFO, envelope, modnoise
* Scope
* Soft-clip option
* Mod assigner
* Browser: file system drag&drop support
* Browser: import/export of favourite assignments
* Winstaller improvements
* UTF8 support for installation paths added
* Mac installer improved to prevent permission issues
* Improved VST3 implementation
* VST3 MIDI learn working
* New user defined MIDI CC sources replace fixed expression and breath modulation
* Plug-in format and OS version info visible in GUI
* Init preset can be loaded from Data Display (for Win users: also works via right-click)
* Improved handling of 14bit MIDI CC assignment
* Improved GUI response time on some Macs running Mojave (sluggish GUI)
* Windows GUI performance improved (less CPU load with open GUI)
* Fixed an issue in Uhbik-A in connection with early reflections and surround
* Fixed an issue in Uhbik-D when using zero delay time (plugin falling silent)
* Uhbik-D smoothed delay when changing tempo in host
* Many other improvements and fixes
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Soeno

12 Nov 2019

lovely! - Quality guaranted

hurricane
Competition Winner

12 Nov 2019

Buying the REs has definitely paid off on this because those of us who purchased a certain number of the Uhbik REs received the whole Uhbik VST collection as a free crossgrade, and now we also get the 2.0 update for FREE. :thumbs_up:
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

MrFigg
Competition Winner

12 Nov 2019

hurricane wrote:
12 Nov 2019
Buying the REs has definitely paid off on this because those of us who purchased a certain number of the Uhbik REs received the whole Uhbik VST collection as a free crossgrade, and now we also get the 2.0 update for FREE. :thumbs_up:
Yep :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

EnochLight

13 Nov 2019

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Steedus
Competition Winner

13 Nov 2019

Uhbik-A is one of those early rack extensions that I fell out of love with pretty quickly, and now I've kind of abandoned it .. and so has Urs for that matter.. ;)

WillyOD

13 Nov 2019

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopi ... 1&t=534519
There are experiments with a rack version. We will let you know if and what we do with it as soon as we are sure that it's what we want it to be.

Discuss,
- U

Stressing the word "experiments" up there... only mentioning it to pre-empt following scenario:
"OMG, I'm so disappointed, I spent my whole budget on Black Friday sales. I didn't want to get Uhbik without a rack version, but I would have gotten it had I known there was one coming. You really should have told us beforehand!!! I hate you now :x :x :x "
^^ so now you've been told. The possibility is real, but we will not show/discuss anything tangible before we go beta with this
I used to make music but now I just cry on these forums. @diippii.com

diminished
Competition Winner

13 Nov 2019

WillyOD wrote:
13 Nov 2019
https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopi ... 1&t=534519
There are experiments with a rack version. We will let you know if and what we do with it as soon as we are sure that it's what we want it to be.

Discuss,
- U

Stressing the word "experiments" up there... only mentioning it to pre-empt following scenario:
"OMG, I'm so disappointed, I spent my whole budget on Black Friday sales. I didn't want to get Uhbik without a rack version, but I would have gotten it had I known there was one coming. You really should have told us beforehand!!! I hate you now :x :x :x "
^^ so now you've been told. The possibility is real, but we will not show/discuss anything tangible before we go beta with this
Seems like Urs knows his customers pretty well :lol:

But he's not talking about a Reason rack.
elxsound wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:44 pm
When you say experiments with a rack version, do you mean Reason Rack or something else?
I mean something different. I mean a self contained Vst/AU/AAX plug-in that lets one combine a few Uhbiks. It was known as Uhbik-X

As I said, we have something like this going in kinda working early stages, but it is not a major priority. It is just something we talked about in the past, and it’s something I really wish we could materialize. Our release deadline is mid of January, and there’s only so many working days to be spent on individual Uhbik features vs. Uhbik-X.

We’ll see...
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

hurricane
Competition Winner

13 Nov 2019

Looks like the EQ is going to get some kind of graphical display, so that's great. Hoping it'll be interactive.

q.png
q.png (673.26 KiB) Viewed 1343 times
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Dec 2020

Anybody got any idea how it's going with Uhbik 2?
Edit: Never mind. Saw a post on KVR from November that it’s still getting tweaked.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Heater

24 Dec 2020

Very clean looking interface(s)

• Information