What are your three favourite free VSTs?

Discuss VST stuff here!
User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 3199
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 01 Nov 2019

There's so many free VSTs out there I though I'd ask and see what people here have for favourites.
My three in no particular order are:

Musical Entropy Guitar Gadgets
TAL Dub
Distorque Azurite x64

:)

User avatar
riemac
Posts: 509
Joined: 21 Jan 2015
Location: Germany

Post 01 Nov 2019

My top 3 free VSTs:

1.) PG-8X (by far the best free VST for me, even the Roland Cloud VST's are not any better than this)
2.) TAL-Chorus-LX (there are choruses with more parameters, but there is no better sounding Chorus)
3.) OrilRiver Reverb (to good to be free and light on cpu)
.....
TyrellN6 would be in my top 3 if it wasn't so heavy on the CPU

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 3199
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 01 Nov 2019

riemac wrote:
01 Nov 2019
3.) OrilRiver Reverb (to good to be free and light on cpu)
Thanks for that one man. Had no idea. Just tried it on my guitar. Very nice.

User avatar
dvdrtldg
Posts: 1198
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 01 Nov 2019

Instruments:

Viking VK-1 synth
All the Reaktor freebies
All the SpitfireAudio freebies

FX:

TDR Kotelnikov compressor
Infected Mushroom Wider
Sennheiser AMBEO Orbit

Honourable mentions:

Ignite Amps PTEq-X
iZotope Vinyl
Xenakios PaulStretch
Klanghelm MJUC Jr
Klevgrand FreeAMP
Melda Productions MRingModulator

User avatar
NekujaK
Posts: 617
Joined: 09 Oct 2016
Location: USA

Post 01 Nov 2019

When Reason first supported VSTs, I turned into a VST binge-aholic, and accumulated a ton of free VSTs. I tried to grab the better stuff and not just indiscriminantly get everything. As time went on, I gravitated to paid plugins and the freebies were gradually replaced by quality commercial VSTs. But there are a few freebies that "made the cut" and frequently still find their way into my rack:

EFFECTS:
- Voxengo SPAN
- Alex Hilton A1 StereoControl
- Dragonfly Hall and Room Reverbs
- WaveArts Tube Saturator Vintage
- Youlean Loudness Meter
- TB Pro Audio ISOL8
- Musical Entropy Guitar Gadgets

INSTRUMENTS
- 99Sounds Clap Machine
- Spitfire LABS monthly freebies
- Plogue Alter/Ego
- Steinberg Model E
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5

User avatar
gdm41
Posts: 75
Joined: 19 May 2016

Post 02 Nov 2019

I like this drumkit Plug-in:
https://www.powerdrumkit.com/

Nice sound, Single Output. Everything i need.
Start lending-> http://www.kiva.org

RobC
Posts: 1197
Joined: 10 Mar 2018

Post 02 Nov 2019

GClip, Maths.


User avatar
Kalm
Posts: 293
Joined: 03 Jun 2016
Location: Austin

Post 02 Nov 2019

Softube Saturation Knob
Ozone Imager
Vocal Doubler

Honorary; Neutrino
Courtesy of The Brew | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 8 GB RAM | Apple 1 TB & Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 10 | Studio One 3 Professional | Ozone 7 | Pro Tools 12 | Adobe CC | Presonus FireStudio Project | M-Audio Axiom | And many plugs

WongoTheSane
Moderator
Posts: 1773
Joined: 14 Sep 2015
Location: Paris, France

Post 02 Nov 2019


User avatar
hurricane
Posts: 969
Joined: 14 Oct 2017

Post 02 Nov 2019

https://soundcloud.com/hurricane-music
Mac mini (Late 2012) | Logic Pro X | Reason 10.4 | DX7 | DX7s | TX7 | CZ-1 | JP-8080 | Virus Classic | Roland XP-80/XP-30/RD-700 | Steinberg UR22mkII | Emagic AMT8 | Mackie SR24x4 | StudioLogic SL990 PRO

User avatar
dpcoffin
Posts: 97
Joined: 23 Apr 2017

Post 02 Nov 2019

No doubt like many I've grabbed a ton of these, but have not even tried most. There's one, though, that I use ALL the time:

Melda's MConvolutionEZ

I actually own the not-free multiband Melda Convolver, but still use this much more often as it's so simple and contains all the same great IRs, and you can even point it at and import any IRs you've got anywhere on your computer. Even inside MSoundFactory, where ALL Melda plugins are available, I almost always include this in the FX rack. There's many great reverb IRs of course, but the part I always gravitate to is the collection of Sound Design IRs, which turn this into a fascinating sort of spectral EQ with many dozens of one-click variations:

Image

As for any other free vsts, I'll offer those that come free with any issue of ComputerMusic magazine, amongst which MY most used would be Aalto, Nora, Voltage Modular, Tracktion 10, and Cream, except I liked all these so well I bought the full versions. [NOT the Amazon book auto-linked here—WTF!?!] Strangely, the full version of Cream no longer works reliably, but the CM version still does!

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 3199
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 02 Nov 2019

PhutureD wrote:
02 Nov 2019
Spec ( free ) - delay plugin
Tantra
Air Hybrid
I don’t think Air Hybrid and Tantra are free man. Or are they?

User avatar
Boombastix
Posts: 915
Joined: 18 May 2018
Location: Bay Area, CA

Post 02 Nov 2019

Most free ones have an equal or better paid version. One exception though: Loopcloud.

GTune, kHs Limiter, and Ozone Imager is used regularly.

Honorable mentions: re-skinned U-He Tyrell, Zebralette, also NickCrowLab TubeDrive, Camel crusher, Xfer OTT.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 3092
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 02 Nov 2019

The question should have been, "What are your 3 favourite synth vst's and your 3 favourite effect vst's". How can you say a compressor is comparable to a synth? 2 totally different purposes.
:reason:

Propellerhead Reason 10.4 / Cockus Reaper 5.982 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Pro Tools First / Steinberg Cubase LE 5
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 3199
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 02 Nov 2019

Creativemind wrote:
02 Nov 2019
The question should have been, "What are your 3 favourite synth vst's and your 3 favourite effect vst's". How can you say a compressor is comparable to a synth? 2 totally different purposes.
Why? The question was what are your three favourite free VSTs? Who said a compressor is comparable to a synth? Certainly not me.

zoidkirb
Posts: 207
Joined: 18 Nov 2018

Post 02 Nov 2019

MrFigg wrote:
02 Nov 2019
PhutureD wrote:
02 Nov 2019
Spec ( free ) - delay plugin
Tantra
Air Hybrid
I don’t think Air Hybrid and Tantra are free man. Or are they?
Ds Tantra is rad, but certainly not free.
Air Hybrid is close to free if you managed to grab it for $1 on one of its numerous sales

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 3199
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 03 Nov 2019

zoidkirb wrote:
02 Nov 2019
MrFigg wrote:
02 Nov 2019


I don’t think Air Hybrid and Tantra are free man. Or are they?
Ds Tantra is rad, but certainly not free.
Air Hybrid is close to free if you managed to grab it for $1 on one of its numerous sales
Thought so :)

User avatar
Armoor
Posts: 8
Joined: 02 Nov 2019

Post 03 Nov 2019

- The Free Orchestra by Project SAM
- Spitfire Audio Freebies
- Tritik Krush (love this one)
:reason: Reason 10 - Nektar Impact LX61 - Event TR5 Monitors - IK UNO Synth
https://soundcloud.com/ph4g3th3r4py | https://soundcloud.com/fvmp

User avatar
PhutureD
Posts: 429
Joined: 04 Aug 2015

Post 04 Nov 2019

MrFigg wrote:
02 Nov 2019
PhutureD wrote:
02 Nov 2019
Spec ( free ) - delay plugin
Tantra
Air Hybrid
I don’t think Air Hybrid and Tantra are free man. Or are they?
True , just saw VST , didnt read free! haha!!
My number one would be spec delay. Im using that one a lot now
in my experiments.

dhruan
Posts: 237
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: Helsinki, Finland

Post 04 Nov 2019

Can recommend only two as I mostly deal with RE, these are pretty damn dope and quality though...

https://glitchmachines.com/products/fracture/

https://glitchmachines.com/products/hysteresis/
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

User avatar
Lempface
Posts: 157
Joined: 27 Jan 2018

Post 05 Nov 2019

Limiter No6
TDR Nova
Melda MLoudnessAnalyzer

These are consistently on my master chain even though I own Ozone 8.
Reason 11 Suite | Bitwig Studio 3 | Native Instruments Komplete 12 Ultimate Collector's | Komplete Kontrol M32 | Maschine Mikro MK2 | Maschine Jam

JdA57
Posts: 59
Joined: 20 Jul 2017

Post 05 Nov 2019

My favourite VST's:

- PG-8X
- Obxd
- dexed

and (sorry for this, because more then 3)

- Most of this amazing "fullbucket" VST's:

https://www.fullbucket.de/music/vst.html

User avatar
MrFigg
Posts: 3199
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 05 Nov 2019

JdA57 wrote:
05 Nov 2019
My favourite VST's:

- PG-8X
- Obxd
- dexed

and (sorry for this, because more then 3)

- Most of this amazing "fullbucket" VST's:

https://www.fullbucket.de/music/vst.html
Ok :). I guess you can be let off the hook if you tell your three favourite fullbucket VSTs. They look very interesting.

tallguy
Posts: 82
Joined: 11 Jan 2018

Post 06 Nov 2019

iZoptope Imager
TDR Nova
Obxd

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest