PSA Miroslav Philharmonik 2 $100

Discuss VST stuff here!
xboix

22 Oct 2019

Those Miroslav libraries are showing their age a bit. You can do better for your 100 quid these days imho.

retreed
Competition Winner

22 Oct 2019

xboix wrote:
22 Oct 2019
Those Miroslav libraries are showing their age a bit. You can do better for your 100 quid these days imho.
Following the information from this thread, you get a very frustrating amount of work for the installation, but having a nice and good sounding orchestra in your pocket. Do you mind providing us your alternatives that fit into the same price range?

Loque

23 Oct 2019

I got a reply about the bug. They are aware of that bug and recommend to use the standalone (which i did not installed, but now i must do this).

No word about "fixing that bug"...
Reason12, Win10

kitekrazy

28 Oct 2019

xboix wrote:
22 Oct 2019
For a full orchestra you can't do better at that price. If you have Jam Points it's $70.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

15 Dec 2019

I see IK discounted the Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE, so somewhat fewer patches and a few of the 'obscure' instruments are missing, but it looks like the new main orchestra instruments are represented. Demos sounds good, price $40 - Jam points.

Is the CE install just as much PIA as the full?
Anyone having used CE version, is it that good too?

By they way, I saw that the MP1 was an old set of samples, and most in MP2 are new recordings, except for the percussion and some small things, but the main instruments are all new, so I guess this is NOT the old reason Miroslav at all.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Sedan Love

26 Jan 2020

I'm slowly trying to reinstall some older vst's after upgrading to Reason 11 from Reason 7, hence this is my first experience with VST in Reason. And I did not use version 7 much.
Although I have all my older media (dvd/cd) I upped to pay the cost to re-download all my IK stuff for the convenience. While not too expensive, IK should take a leaf out of Native Instrument's book, and perhaps treat long time (and loyal) customers a little better.
I downloaded a number of expansion sound libraries, plus Sampletron, Symphony Strings, Miroslav, Sampletank 2, Sonik Synth.
All 32 bit but luckily I remembered I had JBridge. All seem to work okay (some slight gui issues) but again, IK lets customers down - Sampletank 4 won't load older libraries without converting thru Sampletank 3 (the free version does do this). and despite trying this I have not yet succeeded. So no ST4 for me yet.
I will give a shout out for a helpful forum over there, but the forum doesn't make corporate policy.

Popey
Competition Winner

30 Apr 2020

Sorry to bump an old thread but I have recently bought studio max 2 from ik on sale. It contains synths, sampletank 3 & 4, miroslav, modo bass etc and I have just spent the last 5 days going through this pain of downloading and installing.

Reason for this post was I was going to warn others but after a search found this (wish I had searched before buying). I do actually like the products but that was an experience to put you off buying ik again.

FLVZ

30 Apr 2020

Popey wrote:
30 Apr 2020
Sorry to bump an old thread but I have recently bought studio max 2 from ik on sale. It contains synths, sampletank 3 & 4, miroslav, modo bass etc and I have just spent the last 5 days going through this pain of downloading and installing.

Reason for this post was I was going to warn others but after a search found this (wish I had searched before buying). I do actually like the products but that was an experience to put you off buying ik again.
Agreed, I remember installing some of their free stuff a few years ago, must be the single worst installation process I've come across. Even the free stuff comes at a cost of time and patience. I steer clear of all things IK now!

Loque

30 Apr 2020

Popey wrote:
30 Apr 2020

Thanks man. I saw that deal too and remembered the pain i had to install their sh!t and thought: No, sorry, NOOO!, Not for free! You gotta pay me for that!

And in the end i think the stuff in that deal is not that needed by myself...lots of synth sampled stuff....I have anough good synths and ROMplers and i rarly touch all of them...
Reason12, Win10

hurricane
Competition Winner

30 Apr 2020

I can deal with the installation process even though it is definitely RIDICULOUS.

If you have some IK stuff already, you should check what your upgrade/crossgrade options are, because in my account, I see Total Studio Max is on a very tempting sale right now. Even though I already have Syntronik, SampleTank 3/4, Lursen, and 98% of the T-racks modules, what I'd get in this deal is about 22 additional SampleTank libraries, about 4 T-racks modules I don't have, Amplitude MAX with 4 expansions, Modo Bass, and the full version of Philharmonik 2, for $179.99. Using the max jam points brings it down to a possibly no brainer price of $125.99. :shock:

I'm not sure I would use any of this. I mean I could, but would I need to/want to? I'm really looking forward to Synapse's OB-Xa synth. And Spectrasonics have something coming out soon too.

Oh, and I don't know if you were aware, but if you purchased Spitfire's original Albion library, they've been giving away updated stand-alone plugin versions of some of the instruments in Albion. Today we got an email informing us that the Cinematic Percussion plugin was ready for download. That makes 3 so far - EPIC BRASS & WOODWINDS, EPIC STRINGS, and CINEMATIC PERCUSSION. All "free" for Albion 1 owners.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Popey
Competition Winner

01 May 2020

Hi yeah I already had the tracks5 from a few years ago so was a good deal. I bought it mostly for the other track modules, syntronix and Philharmonic. I don't use much electric guitar as produce edm but liked amplitude and modo bass in the small space of time I have used them so far. Sampletank probably will not get used that much.

I hadnt got many emulations of old synths/eq/ compressors etc so it was good value. It's just all that downloading/unzipping and installing that has been a complete pain. I wouldn't mind if it wasnt for the fact that you cannot download the sounds after 199 days.

hurricane
Competition Winner

01 May 2020

I ended up getting Total Studio 2. Amplitube 4 is the highlight for me. Being the MAX version, it has everything unlocked. As I'm using guitar more in more in my tracks, this is going to come in really handy. Plus a lot of the effects sound really good on synths and drums. Crazy that the normal price to buy this standalone is usually $499 (currently $249 on sale). And then Miroslav 2 - it's $499 now. All new recordings, brand new interface, and of course you can use it in Sampletank 4. I don't know anything about Modo Bass yet, but I noticed that the price is back to $299. Oh, and 11 of the soundpacks included in Total Studio 2 are $99.99 each and they're actually good. $125 for ALL of this was just way too good to pass up. And it just reinforces my number one rule when it comes to purchasing plugins: NEVER PAY FULL PRICE FOR ANYTHING.

I spent an hour installing everything last night. It wasn't that bad. I think I installed 24 individual sound expansions, and the Miroslav 2 library is about 17 separate DMGs. On OSX it helps if you disable DMG verification first. After that, you can run multiple installers simultaneously - and all you have to do is wait. I can see how it would be a pain if you don't know these OS "tricks". And yeah you shouldn't have to know these tricks - IK absolutely have to automate the installation process.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Popey
Competition Winner

02 May 2020

I am on windows and not sure if they have anything similar to assist but I can download multiple files at once (just awfully slowly). At least they are all downloaded now so I can get on with enjoying the products.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

02 May 2020

Is there anything in Miroslav that can generate patterns for making realistic runs? Or is there a set of pre-recorded runs in a patch?

I'm interested in the $40 CE version, but only if it more than the articulations that you have to play. It is nearly impossible to make scoops and slides sound good and I have Staccato and stuff like that already.

Popey
Competition Winner

03 May 2020

Boombastix wrote:
02 May 2020
Is there anything in Miroslav that can generate patterns for making realistic runs? Or is there a set of pre-recorded runs in a patch?

I'm interested in the $40 CE version, but only if it more than the articulations that you have to play. It is nearly impossible to make scoops and slides sound good and I have Staccato and stuff like that already.
I have recently got the full version and only tried it once so far. I didn't spot anything other than different articulations for each instrument. I am sadly not a musician so not sure what you mean by realistic runs but hope the above is helpful.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

04 May 2020

Popey wrote:
03 May 2020
Boombastix wrote:
02 May 2020

I have recently got the full version and only tried it once so far. I didn't spot anything other than different articulations for each instrument. I am sadly not a musician so not sure what you mean by realistic runs but hope the above is helpful.
A "run" is several ascending or descending notes played in quick succession. It is very hard to make it sound realistic with midi and normal string libraries, so some libraries have prerecorded runs, or scripts that puts runs together for you by splicing pre-recorded run segments.
Slide is when you move from one note to another without interruption, kinda like portamento on a synth. Using a pitch bend wheel doesn't sound realistic. Some libs have this too.
Scoops and falls are just that, you hear it in disco as an example.

• Information