PSA Miroslav Philharmonik 2 $100

Discuss VST stuff here!
Loque

20 Oct 2019

Ok. I made it through...The sound quality and the expression of the samples is excellent. The GUI has the size of Europa RE which is pretty small. If you got it throught very painfull installation process and you are looking for some Orchestra stuff and do not expect 100% reliability of the application, it might be worth it. It is defenetly not worth to pay the full prize. I still should get 80% back of may payed prize for the PITA with installation and authorization...

This might be the last IK Multimedia product i ever bought.
Reason12, Win10

littlejam

20 Oct 2019

hello @Loque,

when you get the chance
can you please comment on how much percussion is in the download
the website states that there is quite a few
however they sell a separate cinematic refill for miroslav philharmonic
that is only 3gb

any ideas?

again, thank you,

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

Loque

20 Oct 2019

littlejam wrote:
20 Oct 2019
hello @Loque,

when you get the chance
can you please comment on how much percussion is in the download
the website states that there is quite a few
however they sell a separate cinematic refill for miroslav philharmonic
that is only 3gb

any ideas?

again, thank you,

j
Hum...there are percussions in their. No idea how they compare to the refill. The content of percussions is probably not 3gb big.
Reason12, Win10

Loque

20 Oct 2019

Maybe one thing should be noted...In Reason you cannot access the different instrument channels, since you cannot switch the MIDI channel or do i miss something?
Reason12, Win10

VIVIsect

20 Oct 2019

I'm kinda tempted to jump on this. I used the old Philharmonik 1 stuff quite a lot years ago. I still think those old solo strings sound fantastic. But yeah, IK Multimedia stuff has always been a bit of a nightmare for me. Always buggy af.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Oct 2019

I just realised I was mixing up that Miroslav with this Miroslav.
https://sonicreality.com/sounds/mirosla ... /2124.html
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

jam-s

20 Oct 2019

motuscott wrote:
20 Oct 2019
Periwinkle wrote:
20 Oct 2019
I might give this one a swerve. Seems you took a bullet for the rest of us here, guys.
VielGlück! Alles Gute!
I'm taking back everything bad I ever said about the RE format...
400 clicks!
Actually it's more like 1000+ clicks (more than 10 clicks for each of the ca. 95 zip files: download 1-2 clicks, unzip 1, enter folder 1, doubleclick installer 2, welcome screen of installer 1 (Continue), license 1 (Agree), install location 1 (Continue), "yes, do it" 1 (Install), done 1 (Exit), leave folder 1, delete folder 2).

EDIT: Added another step from the installer clicker game.
Last edited by jam-s on 21 Oct 2019, edited 2 times in total.

diminished
Competition Winner

20 Oct 2019

MrFigg wrote:
20 Oct 2019
Isn't that the same Miroslav? I thought so too
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Oct 2019

diminished wrote:
20 Oct 2019
MrFigg wrote:
20 Oct 2019
Isn't that the same Miroslav? I thought so too
Apparently it is...
“Brief Company History In 1996 Sonic Reality created sample libraries for popular hardware samplers and by 2001 partnered with companies like IK Multimedia to bring the first ever virtual instrument workstation plug-ins to market such as SampleTank and Sonik Synth. Over the years Sonic Reality has created popular products such as the Sonic Refill series for Propellerheads Reason, the R.A.W. loop series which offers thousands of Rex, Apple Loops and Acidized Waves, IK plug-ins such as Miroslav Philharmonik, SampleMoog and SampleTron and high-end ground-breaking plug-ins such as EpiK DrumS - A Ken Scott Collection, Neil Peart Drums, Ocean Way Drums, and other top-of-the-line virtual drum instruments.”

From the Sonic Reality website.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

jam-s

20 Oct 2019

Loque wrote:
20 Oct 2019
You NEED to download and save your sounds, because you cannot download again after 180 days.
Well, you can download after those 180 days, but you will have to BUY a new download access to your content. (https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/vi ... 12&t=11708) for 10 $/€+ VAT: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/shop/index. ... ion_Credit

diminished
Competition Winner

20 Oct 2019

jam-s wrote:
20 Oct 2019
Loque wrote:
20 Oct 2019
You NEED to download and save your sounds, because you cannot download again after 180 days.
Well, you can download after those 180 days, but you will have to BUY a new download access to your content. (https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/vi ... 12&t=11708) for 10 $/€+ VAT: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/shop/index. ... ion_Credit
wtf..
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Loque

20 Oct 2019

diminished wrote:
20 Oct 2019
jam-s wrote:
20 Oct 2019

wtf..
Pure rip-off :thumbs_down:
Reason12, Win10

jam-s

20 Oct 2019

diminished wrote:
20 Oct 2019

wtf..
Here's another WTF: When you install the "Custom Shop" that manages all their plugins it will install all of those. So your DAW will be cluttered with demo versions of all their VST unless you manually rename/delete all plugins that you don't have a license for.

Also there seem to be 4 different versions of that "Custom Shop" one for each of Syntronik/Sampletank, T-Racks and Amplitube and one that combines all of those. WTF?

retreed
Competition Winner

20 Oct 2019

jam-s wrote:
20 Oct 2019
Here's another WTF: When you install the "Custom Shop" that manages all their plugins it will install all of those. So your DAW will be cluttered with demo versions of all their VST unless you manually rename/delete all plugins that you don't have a license for.

Also there seem to be 4 different versions of that "Custom Shop" one for each of Syntronik/Sampletank, T-Racks and Amplitube and one that combines all of those. WTF?
This happened to me once when installing their black compressor. The deinstallation of their custom shop was faster than deactivating every single VST it installed automatically. :)
MrFigg wrote:
20 Oct 2019
To contribute something useful regarding "Miroslav". I know the Sonic Reality refills are considered dated, but in case you are interested, they are cheaper at the moment on eSoundz (Legit shop, looks a bit dated as well but works. I do not know whether it gets cheaper somewhere else at any other time):

Brass
Choir
Percussion and Keys
Solo Strings
String Ensembles
Woodwinds

(Take care, the refill bundle is more expensive compared to the six single refills that the bundle contains.)

Steedus
Competition Winner

20 Oct 2019

I'm surprised a representative hasn't showed up to defend the company yet. Last time I brought up their hostile license practices they popped up and commented in minutes. Looks like things haven't changed since I dealt with them about 10 years ago. I'll give it a miss.

littlejam

20 Oct 2019

hello,

installed firefox browser
successfully downloading content files now
so far so good

i already have the updates

i agree, this is a pita situation

i do think it is worth it

will keep the content / update files stored on a back up drive

once installed, i plan to check out the percussion section
and see how 'good' it is

might spring for the percussion set as well (100$ for 3gb sucks though)
that way it can all be self contained in one vst

mahalos,

j
littlejamaicastudios
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49

SymphonicDischord

20 Oct 2019

Yeah this has been a complete PIA for me. I’ve got their T Racks plugin and although their downloading and authorization is a little clunky I’ve had no issues with it. This on the other hand has been an exercise in frustration. They really need to take a page out of Toontrack’s book with an all in one downloader/installer/authorizer. Having to download and install about 24 different files was extremely tedious and then to boot it won’t even open for me. Support ticket submitted and hopefully I hear something back by tomorrow. I kinda feel bad about throwing this up here now.

Steedus
Competition Winner

20 Oct 2019

SymphonicDischord wrote:
20 Oct 2019
I kinda feel bad about throwing this up here now.
Don't feel bad, honestly, always good to hear about deals.

littlejam

20 Oct 2019

heyhey,

download complete
installation complete
with a fast cpu it takes like 30 minutes
installation was easy after all the authorization stuff

the sounds are awesome

@Loque, to load up all 16 tracks:
go into edit mode
and set all midi channels to 1
they all play at once
but you can mute / solo them as you wish

there doesn't seem to be a real percussion library
so i might go get it

these sounds are fantastic to me

there is so much velocity sensitivity
sometimes you have to hold a note and let it come in

once you load up like 3-4 instruments
it really does sound like you have an orchestra

sometimes some instruments don't hit while others do
but that to me is the beauty of it...!@@$%%$#@!#% amazing

52gb from czech for a 100$

yeah, i'm happy

mix it with some jdilla beats remixed

mahalos,

j
littlejamaicastudios

Proboscis

21 Oct 2019

What an installation nightmare ! If only there were a format of plugins that existed, a format solely designed for seamless integration, a simple process for downloading, installing and updating, and a choice of over 600 products. Oh wait, Rack Extensions :lol:

What's the difference between this product and the Miroslav gold bundle, in Refill format ? Are they the same samples ? I picked that set up many moons ago for around $100 if I recall correctly. I don't have enough experience in using other orchestral suites, so can't vouch for their value in that regard, but they sound good to me.

Plugin Boutique often have ridiculously cheap sale prices on Sonivox 'Orchestral Companion' VST,s which have Brass, Woodwind & Strings devices. I bought them a while ago, never got around to using them, since I'm not a huge fan of the VST format.

Loque

21 Oct 2019

SymphonicDischord wrote:
20 Oct 2019
I kinda feel bad about throwing this up here now.
Hey, everything is fine. Do it anytime again. It's just IKM that are amateurs and the installation was most frustration and painful experience with software in the last 10 years.
Reason12, Win10

littlejam

21 Oct 2019

hello,

i just added the orchestral percussion
it combines with the miroslav philharmonic 2 vst very well
you can have strings, violins, and percussion at the same time
(setting everything to channel 1 midi)
and it sounds lush

again the percussion is very velocity sensitive

i'm not sure it's worth the price for only 3gb of sounds
and there's not that many instruments to play

the philharmonik2 is superb

once you get the things installed
it is a wow

cheers,
j
littlejamaicastudios

Loque

22 Oct 2019

For the bug i noticed within 10secs on usage i created a ticket. I did not heard anything from them yet.
Reason12, Win10

Boombastix
Competition Winner

22 Oct 2019

Loque wrote:
21 Oct 2019
the installation was most frustration and painful experience with software in the last 10 years.
What, you haven't re-installed an OS in 10 yrs !! :lol:

Anyhow, that Miroslav install sounds bad. The T-Racks install is smooth though (and super quality), but yeah, you get all VSTs installed as demos, but you can just manually delete the ones you do not own. Takes 30 sec.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Loque

22 Oct 2019

Boombastix wrote:
22 Oct 2019
What, you haven't re-installed an OS in 10 yrs !! :lol:
I did...and now i only have the software i really use. My sample packs and refills are duplicated on different drives, the same for games. When i migrate, i copy the RE folder. I do not have much software installed today, just a few things and since Windows can be installed quite quick, everything is ok and can be done in less than a day.

Only the many different authorization systems are a headache...Windows, iLok, CodeMeter, and all that proprietary sh!t and not to forget the gazillions of serials to enter...At least a serial cannot be bound to a broken HD ;)

And hopefully every license could be unlocked before migration or HD crash...

All this should be really much easier...But IK Multimedia crap topped everything :?
Reason12, Win10

• Information