Competition Winner

10 Oct 2019

dpcoffin

10 Oct 2019

And FREE for owners of ver 1. wow!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Oct 2019

Woooah!!! That appears to be the Über-Synth which I wondered why no one had ever made.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

hurricane
Competition Winner

10 Oct 2019

Rack Extensions rule and VSTs suck, huh???

Riiiiiiiiight. :lol:
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

dhruan

10 Oct 2019

Ooooooooof... wow!
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

dhruan

10 Oct 2019

I mean, take that for what it is going for now and contrast that to the R11 Suite upgrade... no contest there. Thinking of becoming a Falconeer... yowzah! ;)
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

Loque

10 Oct 2019

Maybe a mighty synth, but looks so uninspiring, boring and ugly... I don't see myself playing with this. I would just browse for a patch and hope for the best....

Ok, now start bashing me...
Reason12, Win10

VariableX

10 Oct 2019

Loque wrote:
10 Oct 2019
Maybe a mighty synth, but looks so uninspiring, boring and ugly... I don't see myself playing with this. I would just browse for a patch and hope for the best....

Ok, now start bashing me...
No i'm not bashing, I totally agree with you!
I can only imagine the creative energy slowly draining out of me looking at that monstrosity of a VST.

zoidkirb

10 Oct 2019

looking good. if i didnt already own the quite similar halion 6 i might be all over this. regarding this style of monster workstation synth vs re's i will say this: the modular nature of the reason rack can allow you to achieve all of these results and more - but only if you can spend extra money on the re's you need and bother to learn how to route everything up. for some, thats a big advanatage, for others the advantage of falcon and halion is everything is tied into one package that just works, plus lots of presets that take advantage of that.
If reason could do the time stretching thing with samples i think there would be even less reason to go for falcon. such a shame reason studios never wanted to/couldn't implement time stretch of samples in nnxt.

hurricane
Competition Winner

10 Oct 2019

I'm still using Falcon's predecessor, MACHFIVE3, which is simpler than full blown Falcon 2 but equally as awesome. Couldl have crossgraded for an amazing price but I prefer machfive3 - a very underrated sampler with great content and an awesome synth engine. :thumbs_up:
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

CephaloPod

10 Oct 2019

But no CV inputs???
2011 iMac i7; 24 GB RAM; OSX Sierra; Nektar LX 49; MOTU Microbook
Reason/Logic

antic604

11 Oct 2019

MrFigg wrote:
10 Oct 2019
Woooah!!! That appears to be the Über-Synth which I wondered why no one had ever made.
Halion 6 is basically the same thing:
https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/v ... start.html

Oquasec

11 Oct 2019

I llike uvi but doesnt steinberg have standalone plugins?
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Despondo
Competition Winner

11 Oct 2019

Oquasec wrote:
11 Oct 2019
I llike uvi but doesnt steinberg have standalone plugins?
FYI, Falcon can run standalone too.

Oquasec

11 Oct 2019

No I am sure UVI is kontakt I'm just saying
Producer/Programmer.

Despondo
Competition Winner

11 Oct 2019

Oquasec wrote:
11 Oct 2019
Huh???

zoidkirb

11 Oct 2019

Despondo wrote:
11 Oct 2019
Oquasec wrote:
11 Oct 2019
Huh???
No it doesn't require kontakt at all.

Oquasec

11 Oct 2019

Let's organize this and make corrections.
UVI [Sounds the same as or better than Kontakt]
UVI [Only opens proprietary files and SFZ]
Halion [Supports multiple formats like kontakt]
Halion [Looks a lot like Falcon]
Falcon 2
---
these 3 would give any version of omnisphere a run for your money it looks like right?
If so I'd take alittle more time to compare em.
Producer/Programmer.

botnotbot

11 Oct 2019

Kontakt 6 has removed a lot of file compatibility, by the way.

From version 6.0.2:
REMOVED 3rd Party format import is not possible anymore
https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... -1.336867/

Back on topic, Falcon is super dense but I do occasionally toy with the idea of writing entire compositions inside the thing just to push it through it's paces.

From a sound design toolbox perspective, Kontakt doesn't totally compete in my opinion. Falcon feels like a fully integrated synth/sampler in a software native interface (ie, not based on hardware idioms). Digging under the hood in Kontakt can be powerful but it's not like it doesn't get confusing or overwhelming in a medium complexity patch.

Oquasec

11 Oct 2019

interesting
Producer/Programmer.

Goriila Texas

11 Oct 2019

I will demo this before I buy it so I won’t make the same mistake I did with Halion. I sold Halion because imo the sounds weren’t impressive. The interface and workflow felt confusing and unnatural. I found it to be just as uninspiring as I do with Cubase. I just don’t like anything from Steinberg.

groggy1

13 Oct 2019

I've always loved Falcon for the Vintage Vault instruments - I think they sound great.

But I gotta say, no matter how many times I try to learn it, I just constantly get confused, can't find simple stuff, and eventually give up.

E.g. I initialized patch, and had to remind myself that the "waveform" icon on right side of window shows me the oscillators I can pick from. As usual, I tried to drag drop them into the center area of the window where all the module parameters are shown. Nope. Gotta drag the oscillator onto the "keyboard mapping" area at the bottom, and remember that you need to be careful about how you place it on the y-axis (otherwise, it will just apply the keymap to a subset of the keyboard).

Then, as I was listening to the sound, I heard that there was a small amount of attack (ADSR). So I looked around to see how I could edit that. Does the "gain" control show that it's being modulated in any way? No. After looking at youtube videos that showed where all the list of modulations are shown, I still couldn't find it. Eventually, I realized that there's a small icon you can click on to hide/show various things (like modulations, oscillators, etc). So finally found it.

Then, I can't see where the target is for modulation. Turns out you have to right-click on the title section of the modulation to change the target. Ug.

In summary, I'm sure I could get used to it, but I'd really need to pull out a sheet of paper and takes notes, so I can remember all these gotchas and details. It's crazy to say, but this makes Reason CV look EASY (I love Reason, so maybe I'm biased).

Anyway, it's a great preset machine and sampler, but I can't imagine using this for simple sound design. Dune3 just makes more sense to me for that.

miscend

14 Oct 2019

I dunno, Falcon and Avenger look like they try to do too much. I can't imagine it's a good workflow, too many bells and whistles. It's much more fun to build things complex synthesis devices using the combinator in Reason.

johns

03 Jul 2021

I have used falcon for some years and have been sort of happy about it until i just tryout halion 6, yes a bit late..

i never godt used to falcon 2 - its layout are terrible, well compared to halion 6 - falcons manual is a mess.

i was "happy" with falcon until v.2.0.9, after that they suddenly changed the rename Part´s to be much more difficult than before.
after v.2.0.9 now you have to save it first, and THEN you can rename it...wtf

in v.2.0.9 and early releases all you had to do was go into the "List" and find the name of the part and click on it with mouse and rename it.

their support say its because of causing "name continuity" related issues in Falcon.

it also have some annoying reset waveform scaling in every sample

their support says it is very difficult to change this in their code

• Information