Reaktor Drums?

Discuss VST stuff here!
index012000

10 Oct 2019

Hi. New to reason. Is there a video showing how to route the sequenced drum machines into an audio track in Reason? All I want to do is record the sounds coming out of the machines.

Thanks

LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

10 Oct 2019

Once you have added in Reaktor as a VST instrument, it becomes connected to a Mix Channel. Go to the Rack (F6) and find the Mix Channel that Reaktor is connected to, and on the panel there is a small blue button labelled 'Rec Source'.

Now, create an Audio Channel. On the dropdown for the source for the audio you can pick Mono/Stereo, and below that is a list of 'active' available 'sockets'. Every time you add a 'Rec Source' button on or off, the internal recording sources list updates accordingly.

Once you have your input 'style' and input 'source(s)' connected, you can then record the audio in the sequencer 'live' (tracking).

This is a bit different to "bounce in place" as you have to 'manually arm and record' (bit of an old skool method but still does it's job)

index012000

10 Oct 2019

thank you very much. You have no idea how much of a headache I had just trying to record audio into logic!

hurricane
Competition Winner

10 Oct 2019

index012000 wrote:
10 Oct 2019
thank you very much. You have no idea how much of a headache I had just trying to record audio into logic!
That's because you clearly don't know how to do it - in either Logic or Reason. You would have had the same headache trying to do this in Reason.

In Logic:

1. Create an instrument track and load an instrument
2. Set the instrument's track Output to any open Bus. In this example we'll use Bus 1.
3. Create an audio track and set its Input to Bus 1.

If you've already recorded midi on the inst track, then arm the audio track to record and record away.
If you want to record the instrument track "live", then arm both tracks for record, highlight the instrument track and play. You'll notice the audio being fed live to the audio track. Press record and play the instrument track.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

10 Oct 2019

index012000 wrote:
10 Oct 2019
No problem at all, welcome to the wider world. Now what you can do with the audio you recorded is double click the clip and you should be in 'slice edit' mode. Right click the clip and 'bounce to rex'. Now you get a new audio Rex file in the browser. You can put this into Octorex, or look at the Rex in the browser, click the '+' and you can use the slices as if they were pre-cut samples.

Lots of fun indeed

index012000

11 Oct 2019

thanks that is very handy.one last question. I use the spiral sequencer in Reaktor. Is it possible to use this in reason? I created a subtractor then an instance of spiral beneath but not sure how to route it? thanks.

• Information