Awesome and useful free theme for u-he Zebralette

Discuss VST stuff here!
joeyluck

02 Oct 2019

https://plugmon.jp/product/neumann-for-zebralette/

Looks great and makes this free synth even better and more useful with a larger wavetable editor and improved browser.

For those of you who don't own it, get Zebralette for free (it installs with the Zebra2 demo) and grab this theme. I own Zebra2 and ZebraHZ as well, and probably have less use for Zebralette, but it does come in handy and has some different patches.

There's also a paid version for Zebra2.

joeyluck

02 Oct 2019

For comparison, this is the original skin:

[EDIT]

The image above was replaced by the new default skin (using the same url), this is the original skin:

zebralette-original.jpg
zebralette-original.jpg (50.63 KiB) Viewed 752 times

WongoTheSane

02 Oct 2019

Wow, that's an impressive UI overhaul! I didn't use Zebralette much because of that cheesy UI, that might change... I use Tyrell a lot already.

EdGrip

02 Oct 2019

WongoTheSane wrote:
02 Oct 2019
Wow, that's an impressive UI overhaul! I didn't use Zebralette much because of that cheesy UI, that might change... I use Tyrell a lot already.
I take it you're all over the Diva Tyrell skin?

WongoTheSane

02 Oct 2019

EdGrip wrote:
02 Oct 2019
I take it you're all over the Diva Tyrell skin?
This one's nice too, but the original Tyrell isn't as ugly as Zebralette :D

Boombastix
Competition Winner

03 Oct 2019

Thanks for bringing this synth back to my attention. It is unbelievable how good this free synth sounds. It just sits in the mix and the sounds are interesting. There are several good patches to download from U-he's website, there are many very very good patches in there!

The old UI made me ignore it. And with only one Osc, it sooo much easier to program than Zebra2, but the sound is million dollar. I did an A/B vs Serum and its factory patches. Hrrm, did not believe it, but Serum sounded like when you forgot to add salt to the water when making pasta. It is there, but something was missing. Zebralette, just big, moving/interesting, clear and yet big, and sits perfect in the mix. I am sooo surprised how good this thing is. :shock:

I just downloaded a few of the free patches, and they were all top not, really, super duper. :lol:

Grab this if you don't have it. It is f¤%#ing unbelievable.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

joeyluck

21 Oct 2020

joeyluck wrote:
02 Oct 2019
For comparison, this is the original skin:

So this is funny...I came here to post about the update to Zebralette's default skin...

And my comment from before, which linked the old skin, that image has been replaced since it uses the same url and filename :lol:

So there it is!

I actually prefer this new skin over the one by plugmon. It matches Zebra2.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

21 Oct 2020

Yeah, much nicer. Will done U-he. Now he just needs to fix Diva and make a better UI for it and a chorus worthy of the synth engine, and a few more FX.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

• Information