Wiggle for less than 20 bucks

Discuss VST stuff here!
User avatar
TheDragonborg
Posts: 199
Joined: 10 Feb 2020

Post 13 Feb 2020

Loque wrote:
13 Feb 2020
moneykube wrote:
13 Feb 2020
unfamiliar with the AAS Player + it's Sound Packs... any good?
Its the Player from AAS like the Arturia Player. You just need some Sound Packs for it. Dunno if there are some available right out of the box. But you can freely pick the sound packs. Under the hood (depending on the packs) are the synths from AAS.
I just bought Wiggles and it runs and sounds great in Reason... however AAS player is pretty lame and much worse than using other player VSTs like Kontakt or Synthmaster player cause at least those let you edit some parameters. Though I have full versions of Synthmaster and Synthmaster One so that's kind of irrelevant to me. AAS Player is just a rompler to the worst degree (worse than my old Proteus/1 sound module cause even than has a few parameters to edit and that thing came out in 1989).

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 7466
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 09 Jun 2020

I used Wiggle in my last song and really liked it. But...i found a critical bug making Reason crash without recovery. So be carefull if you use it, especially with the x/y pad and with automation. Better save regulary.

I have already contacted the support. They will look into it, but there is not time schedule when the dev will have a look into it. I will keep you updated.
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
qn5
Posts: 122
Joined: 29 Nov 2016
Location: NYC

Post 12 Jun 2020

Loque wrote:
09 Jun 2020
I used Wiggle in my last song and really liked it. But...i found a critical bug making Reason crash without recovery. So be carefull if you use it, especially with the x/y pad and with automation. Better save regulary.

I have already contacted the support. They will look into it, but there is not time schedule when the dev will have a look into it. I will keep you updated.
You're super good at finding these bugs, man! haha Any word from Synapse about the Dune 3 bug you found?
QN5 MUSIC
qn5.com

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 7466
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 12 Jun 2020

qn5 wrote:
12 Jun 2020
Loque wrote:
09 Jun 2020
I used Wiggle in my last song and really liked it. But...i found a critical bug making Reason crash without recovery. So be carefull if you use it, especially with the x/y pad and with automation. Better save regulary.

I have already contacted the support. They will look into it, but there is not time schedule when the dev will have a look into it. I will keep you updated.
You're super good at finding these bugs, man! haha Any word from Synapse about the Dune 3 bug you found?
If i touch a new released device, it took less than 5 minutes to find a bug in a lot of cases 😅

Yea, i posted it in the thread. They fixed it and it will come with the next release. I don't have any info when this will be. Until than be careful with automation of the filter and editing at the same time.
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
qn5
Posts: 122
Joined: 29 Nov 2016
Location: NYC

Post 15 Jun 2020

Loque wrote:
12 Jun 2020
qn5 wrote:
12 Jun 2020


You're super good at finding these bugs, man! haha Any word from Synapse about the Dune 3 bug you found?
If i touch a new released device, it took less than 5 minutes to find a bug in a lot of cases 😅

Yea, i posted it in the thread. They fixed it and it will come with the next release. I don't have any info when this will be. Until than be careful with automation of the filter and editing at the same time.
haha awesome! Thanks, man
QN5 MUSIC
qn5.com

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 7466
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 19 Jun 2020

Loque wrote:
09 Jun 2020
I used Wiggle in my last song and really liked it. But...i found a critical bug making Reason crash without recovery. So be carefull if you use it, especially with the x/y pad and with automation. Better save regulary.

I have already contacted the support. They will look into it, but there is not time schedule when the dev will have a look into it. I will keep you updated.
Still no update. Sad... So no recommendation from my side to buy Wiggle until they fixed the critical bug.
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

DaveyG
Posts: 427
Joined: 03 May 2020

Post 19 Jun 2020

Loque wrote:
19 Jun 2020
Loque wrote:
09 Jun 2020
I used Wiggle in my last song and really liked it. But...i found a critical bug making Reason crash without recovery. So be carefull if you use it, especially with the x/y pad and with automation. Better save regulary.

I have already contacted the support. They will look into it, but there is not time schedule when the dev will have a look into it. I will keep you updated.
Still no update. Sad... So no recommendation from my side to buy Wiggle until they fixed the critical bug.
If the bug was in an RE would you be so tenacious?
I ask because you do come across as someone who is very anti-VST.

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 7466
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 19 Jun 2020

DaveyG wrote:
19 Jun 2020
Loque wrote:
19 Jun 2020


Still no update. Sad... So no recommendation from my side to buy Wiggle until they fixed the critical bug.
If the bug was in an RE would you be so tenacious?
I ask because you do come across as someone who is very anti-VST.
I am doing the same for RE and for all other software.

Interseting that you say that...Some guys think, that only a few RE dont get fixes or the Reason Studios support is bad...Its not a matter of the platform - its a matter of the dev or the company. Watch Turn2On which fixes a bug within minutes, or check out Forgotten Clank Studios which fixes and improves it stuff massively, Rob Papen is freaking fast on VST and RE side or look Synapse Audio (ok, the fix is not yet available, but he is on it) just to name a few. There are a lot of great devs and companys out there - big and small one-man-shows, but also a few rotten fruits...

This Wiggle thing from 2nd Sense Audio is a quite old VST and the dev is not full time. I had similar answers from Softube, ReSpire or Sunder (to name a few) and i posted about them too. I dont make a difference.

...And i give every dev a chance before posting by contacting him first. I dont post angry stuff here, without contacting the dev.
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 2 guests