Sonivox strings. Any good?

Discuss VST stuff here!
MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Jul 2019

Sonivox orchestral stuff is on sale at JRRShop for $4.50 each.
https://www.jrrshop.com/sonivox-orchest ... on-strings
Anybody got them or tried them?
I’ve already got Miroslav.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

boingy

22 Jul 2019

Dunno if they are any good but they are also available at pluginboutique and you can get a free copy of Ujam Beatmaker Dope if that's your thang (it's not my thang but I got it anyway - shrug).

NekujaK

22 Jul 2019

Miroslav and Sonivox were my first string libraries, and I used them (sporadically) for several years before moving up to some of the more heavy-duty libraries.

For the price, Sonivox is a good deal, but don't expect a super refined library. It's capable of some convincing string parts, but requires some effort to get there. To my ear, the strings sound a little one-dimensional, so best results are achieved when blending with other string libraries and only using certain articulations. But you can't beat the price.

While I'm at it, I'll throw in an endorsement for the Sonivox brass library. Again, not the most refined, but I love the low brass for big epic pieces. The horns have just the right amount of bite and raspiness for my tastes.

Also, I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but the Sonviox woodwinds library seems a bit unstable in Reason. I've had it hang and crash on me multiple times, to the point where I simply stopped using it.

Good luck!
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Jul 2019

boingy wrote:
22 Jul 2019
Dunno if they are any good but they are also available at pluginboutique and you can get a free copy of Ujam Beatmaker Dope if that's your thang (it's not my thang but I got it anyway - shrug).
Decided against. Don’t need either of them. Thanks for the tip though :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Jul 2019

NekujaK wrote:
22 Jul 2019
Miroslav and Sonivox were my first string libraries, and I used them (sporadically) for several years before moving up to some of the more heavy-duty libraries.

For the price, Sonivox is a good deal, but don't expect a super refined library. It's capable of some convincing string parts, but requires some effort to get there. To my ear, the strings sound a little one-dimensional, so best results are achieved when blending with other string libraries and only using certain articulations. But you can't beat the price.

While I'm at it, I'll throw in an endorsement for the Sonivox brass library. Again, not the most refined, but I love the low brass for big epic pieces. The horns have just the right amount of bite and raspiness for my tastes.

Also, I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but the Sonviox woodwinds library seems a bit unstable in Reason. I've had it hang and crash on me multiple times, to the point where I simply stopped using it.

Good luck!
Many thanks. Yeah...9gb library which I don’t need if I’m being honest. Going to leave it. Miroslav serves my string requirements. Thanks again.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

ltbrunt00

23 Jul 2019

I hate to throw this out there but Spite fire audio string instruments are amazing but can be very expensive. Your best best is create an account with Spitfire audio and add libraries to your wish list.Through out the year they will give you an individual discount on your wish list items. I pray to the VST gods that they do a rent to own one day.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

• Information