iZotope BreakTweaker problem

Discuss VST stuff here!
MrFigg
Competition Winner

05 Jul 2019

Hej...anybody got iZotope Break Tweaker? I got it a couple of days ago and despite thinking it's great I'm getting some erratic behaviour using it in Reason. I load up a preset, set Reasons click and pre-count to on and start recording. Unlike playing any other instrument in Reason, if I play a note on Break Tweaker directly after the pre-count it either doesn't sound or the play cursor jumps and hops. I'm guessing this has something to do with the fact that Break Tweaker has an internal sequencer so if I'm not bang on the beat after the count in then something goes wrong. Anyone who's got this VST experience the same problem and knows why. Drawing in the notes or waiting until the play cursor has started before pressing a key works fine. Thanks.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Boombastix
Competition Winner

07 Jul 2019

You trigger patterns using midi notes, so yes, if you are off beat it plays off beat.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Jul 2019

Boombastix wrote:
07 Jul 2019
You trigger patterns using midi notes, so yes, if you are off beat it plays off beat.
Yeah I know :). I meant that when I use the count in and press my first midi note I don’t get any sound until I press the next midi note even though the first note records. This is not what happens with other instruments. In any case iZotope have confirmed this and their workaround is to play the first note a split second after the count in and then extend the note back to the start of the bar. Thanks anyway for the input. Got it sorted with iZotope. :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

demt

08 Jul 2019

draw in the note lane right up to the begining or itll miss the trigger pt
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

• Information