Stutter Edit/ Break Tweaker Expanded. Good deal?

Discuss VST stuff here!
MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Jul 2019

Just saw this on JRR. Says Stutter Edit and Break Tweaker Expanded combo $49. Then when you come to checkout you get an extra discount which brings it down to $41.
Are these the actual VSTs or are they some sort of expansion? My head is pretty fuzzy just now. Working nights again.
Also...is this a price to jump at or is GAS just getting the better of me again?

https://www.jrrshop.com/izotope-break-t ... edit-combo

Thanks for any input. :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

boingy

03 Jul 2019

I believe it's the full version of each VST plus various expansions.

I love Stutter Edit. BreakTweaker is interesting but does my head in!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Jul 2019

boingy wrote:
03 Jul 2019
I believe it's the full version of each VST plus various expansions.

I love Stutter Edit. BreakTweaker is interesting but does my head in!
Ok. Thanks. Just seems really cheap for all that stuff. And in the description they only mention Break Tweaker plus packs so wondered if it was some mistake. Hmmm...

Edit: just looked in iZotope’s site and apparently that’s right.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Sterioevo

03 Jul 2019

They are great plug ins, i picked up a similar deal some time ago.

A couple of thing to be aware of:
- stutteredit has very (close to 0) minimal implementation of midi controls ie parameters
- breaktweaker doesn't always play sync ball. To the point that I am not confident with breaktweaker as a "live" instrument

That being said, there is amazing creative potential in both of these "dated" plugs... Shame they haven't had any further attention in terms of development...

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Jul 2019

Sterioevo wrote:
03 Jul 2019
They are great plug ins, i picked up a similar deal some time ago.

A couple of thing to be aware of:
- stutteredit has very (close to 0) minimal implementation of midi controls ie parameters
- breaktweaker doesn't always play sync ball. To the point that I am not confident with breaktweaker as a "live" instrument

That being said, there is amazing creative potential in both of these "dated" plugs... Shame they haven't had any further attention in terms of development...
Thanks for that. Live is not an issue so that’s that problem sorted. The sync thing works fine in the Sequencer right?
When you say parameters (midi controllable) for Stutter Edit do you you mean that I can’t assign automation for different knobs in my controller? Or what do you mean?
I’ve got BuffRE and Beatchop and Ochen K’s Glitch and a whole load of Glitchmachines stuff so maybe I don’t need this at all. Beat Tweaker looks kind of like Umpf! but like with a million times more creative potential.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

03 Jul 2019

Interesting deal, but not available in my country :thumbs_down:
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Jul 2019

Loque wrote:
03 Jul 2019
Would you have bought it?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Sterioevo

03 Jul 2019

MrFigg wrote:
03 Jul 2019
Thanks for that. Live is not an issue so that’s that problem sorted. The sync thing works fine in the Sequencer right?
When you say parameters (midi controllable) for Stutter Edit do you you mean that I can’t assign automation for different knobs in my controller? Or what do you mean?
I’ve got BuffRE and Beatchop and Ochen K’s Glitch and a whole load of Glitchmachines stuff so maybe I don’t need this at all. Beat Tweaker looks kind of like Umpf! but like with a million times more creative potential.
[/quote]

So with Stutter edit there are 2 midi assignments available - the global filter and and timeline override.
Thats it.
You then trigger 127 different presets across the keyboard range.
The possibilities are soo deep that it doesn't really matter.
The presets are hit and miss. You have to spend the time developing your own presets for this to shine.
It is a different beast to all those other programs that's for sure.

Again break tweaker is a different beast to umpf. Personally I wouldn't program it from Reason's sequencer. It has its own sequencer (bank of patterns) where you can really take advantage of the potential of microediting - I am not aware of any comparable plug in this area?
The internal sequencer though floats around with Reason. I regularly find I need to press stop x 2 to resynchronise. Bouncing to track is the go here though. The stuff you can do with the microedit is wicked. The midi implementation is pretty good too.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Jul 2019

Hmmm...the internal Sequencer “floating around” does not instill confidence. Are you saying that if I’ve got a drum beat sequenced in Reason and then add an instance of BeatTweaker that’s it’s not necessarily going to sync?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Sterioevo

03 Jul 2019

It will sync. But say you have a loop you are working on and you listen/tweak round and round, sync can fall out - especially if you pull up midway and start again without returning to 0 or the beginning of where you started. I find you need to stop (X2) to resync.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Jul 2019

Sterioevo wrote:
03 Jul 2019
It will sync. But say you have a loop you are working on and you listen/tweak round and round, sync can fall out - especially if you pull up midway and start again without returning to 0 or the beginning of where you started. I find you need to stop (X2) to resync.
Aha! Yeah so you’ve got it looped going round and round and keep stopping to tweak and then start playing without returning to 0 then it can all go to hell? Is that what you mean? Under normal circumstances I’d probably return to start after tweaking in most cases anyway.
$41 for both plus a load of expansions. Can’t be bad can it?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Sterioevo

03 Jul 2019

If ya gonna use them ;)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Jul 2019

Sterioevo wrote:
03 Jul 2019
If ya gonna use them ;)
Hahaha. The eternal question :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Jul 2019

Nope...couldn't resist :)

Edit:...2 minutes in on BreakTweaker. I'm hooked. Magic :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

demt

03 Jul 2019

on the izotope theme fancy saving 610 quid for 45 and getting a leg up on the upgrade discounts ozone and neutron etc but hurry!https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... gI0pPD_BwE
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

groggy1

03 Jul 2019

Love stutteredit. Of all the similar plugins (Reaktors The Finger, Glitch, etc) - this one gets me the best musical results.

I tried to get into BreakTweaker, but it doesn’t let me add a shuffle. So all my hat patterns end up having a particular sound. Also, browsing for your own samples is a pain, if I recall.

So mixed bag for me. I’d get it just for stutteredit in a heartbeat.

Loque

03 Jul 2019

MrFigg wrote:
03 Jul 2019
Loque wrote:
03 Jul 2019
Yea, maybe. I already have this one https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... at-looper/ which i really like. You have a bunch of different settings right on the keyboard. No need for weird automation stuff, just play a different note.

The Beat thing would be interesting too for some glitchy things...

And 50 bucks would be ok. The original price around 500 is just a joke...
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Jul 2019

Loque wrote:
03 Jul 2019
MrFigg wrote:
03 Jul 2019

Yea, maybe. I already have this one https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... at-looper/ which i really like. You have a bunch of different settings right on the keyboard. No need for weird automation stuff, just play a different note.

Distillery does pretty much the same as BuffRE right?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MarkTarlton

03 Jul 2019

Loque wrote:
03 Jul 2019
MrFigg wrote:
03 Jul 2019

what about using a VPN, does that work?

Loque

03 Jul 2019

MrFigg wrote:
03 Jul 2019
Loque wrote:
03 Jul 2019

Distillery does pretty much the same as BuffRE right?
A bit more fx to choose from...
Reason12, Win10

Loque

03 Jul 2019

MarkTarlton wrote:
03 Jul 2019
Loque wrote:
03 Jul 2019

what about using a VPN, does that work?
I don't care... But thanks for the hint...
Reason12, Win10

• Information