Air Velvet 2 VST vs Rad Keys RE

Discuss VST stuff here!
MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Jun 2019

I’ll start by saying I’ve got Radical Keys.
Oh yeah...I’ve also got Lounge Lizard Session which I got for free and hardly ever use.
I just saw Air Velvet 2 on Plugin Boutique for €20.
Out of interest...has anyone got it, used it, compared it to Rad Keys or otherwise? Worth picking up or just more of the same? Any insights appreciated. Thanks. :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

sleep1979

29 Jun 2019

MrFigg wrote:
29 Jun 2019
Oh yeah...I’ve also got Lounge Lizard Session which I got for free and hardly ever use.
Out of interest...has anyone got it, used it, compared it to Rad Keys or otherwise? Worth picking up or just more of the same? Any insights appreciated. Thanks. :).
The xln audio electric piano is the best i have heard tbh can be got on ebay less than a tenner .

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Jun 2019

Seal1980 wrote:
29 Jun 2019
MrFigg wrote:
29 Jun 2019
The xln audio electric piano is the best i have heard tbh can be got on ebay less than a tenner .
Cheers. I saw it on eBay like you said but that price can’t be legit...can it???
Anyway, I was more asking out of interest. Air stuff seems always to be on sale. The upgrade from Lounge Lizard Session to full is €40 just now which is also pretty cheap. I don’t think there’s much difference between the 2 though. Enough with Rad Keys probably.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

QVprod

29 Jun 2019

Any reason you don’t use Lounge Lizard? I find it to be a much better sounding Rhodes than Rad keys.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Jun 2019

QVprod wrote:
29 Jun 2019
Any reason you don’t use Lounge Lizard? I find it to be a much better sounding Rhodes than Rad keys.
Not really to be honest. I installed it after I got the Sessions bundle for free but then didn’t look at it again. Which version do you have? I heard the EP-4 version was a lot more tweakable. Do you know how much they differ from each other?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

QVprod

29 Jun 2019

MrFigg wrote:
29 Jun 2019
QVprod wrote:
29 Jun 2019
Not really to be honest. I installed it after I got the Sessions bundle for free but then didn’t look at it again. Which version do you have? I heard the EP-4 version was a lot more tweakable. Do you know how much they differ from each other?
I likely have the same as you. Got session free because of Focusrite. Never upgraded because my main Rhodes plug-in I use is Neo Soul Keys Studio. I find Session suitable as a lighter weight or quick option though.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Jun 2019

QVprod wrote:
29 Jun 2019
MrFigg wrote:
29 Jun 2019

I likely have the same as you. Got session free because of Focusrite. Never upgraded because my main Rhodes plug-in I use is Neo Soul Keys Studio. I find Session suitable as a lighter weight or quick option though.
I’ll give it a final go when I get home. Why not? :)
Was really the Air Velvet 2 I was wondering about even though I probably wouldn’t buy it.
I’ve had Rad Keys since release and for some reason have always thought it sounds a bit weak. Maybe expecting too much. Maybe not using it right.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

miscend

29 Jun 2019

The most authentic EPs I’ve heard are from Sampleson. They usually have sales.

https://sampleson.com/markus-electric-piano-vst.html

https://sampleson.com/model-t-pianet-hohner.html

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Jun 2019

miscend wrote:
29 Jun 2019
The most authentic EPs I’ve heard are from Sampleson. They usually have sales.

https://sampleson.com/markus-electric-piano-vst.html

https://sampleson.com/model-t-pianet-hohner.html
Aaaa. Yeah...cool. Thanks.
I also got a tip that Dead Duck have got a free EP so going to check that out too.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

QVprod

29 Jun 2019

MrFigg wrote:
29 Jun 2019
QVprod wrote:
29 Jun 2019

Was really the Air Velvet 2 I was wondering about even though I probably wouldn’t buy it.
I’ve had Rad Keys since release and for some reason have always thought it sounds a bit weak. Maybe expecting too much. Maybe not using it right.
It is pretty weak sounding. I rarely ever use Radical Keys. I meant Lounge Lizard Session was a lighter weight Rhodes than Neo Soul Keys. Still a step up over Radical

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Jun 2019

QVprod wrote:
29 Jun 2019
MrFigg wrote:
29 Jun 2019

It is pretty weak sounding. I rarely ever use Radical Keys. I meant Lounge Lizard Session was a lighter weight Rhodes than Neo Soul Keys. Still a step up over Radical
But you'd say that Neo Soul Keys rocks it?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

QVprod

29 Jun 2019

MrFigg wrote:
29 Jun 2019
QVprod wrote:
29 Jun 2019

But you'd say that Neo Soul Keys rocks it?
Absolutely. It's far more flexible, and to my ears, authentic sounding. Again I haven't played with EP-4 to see the edit function, but if the editing is anything like Strum (similar interface), then I'd probably still lean towards NSK. That said, I've even gotten Radical keys to sound pretty good so Lounge lizard may be good enough, depending on how much into Rhodes sounds you are. I find that the weakness of Radical key is the low end that you have to compensate for with EQ. Lounge Lizard doesn't have that problem.

• Information