Discuss VST stuff here!
sleep1979

20 Jun 2019

so I installed B.I.T today
pigments
softube paralells

played with them don't like any of them

id rather stick with maia predator Europa and thor

why do I was time like that man I can never get the time back wasted on those synths that I will never install again bored me to death

Loque

20 Jun 2019

The current private offer from Arturia is very tempting, but i made the decision to skip Pigments too. Nothing special, the patches are mehhh, the possiblities are more or less ok. The current personal offer is the price i would pay in normale cases. Well, it may be worth the 100 bucks if i didnt own already tons of other synths which can do more and better.

BIT is a typical RP synth. If you already have 10, you do not really need the 11nth.

And Parallels sounded so freaking boring, that would really think to install it, if it were free.

So yes, nothing you really need to have. Completely agree. Might be different if you do not have Reason or other good synths.
Reason12, Win10

Wobbleburger

20 Jun 2019

Pigments is brilliant but it takes more than a day to really dig into it.
In the 90s, my midi music was on the Baulder's Gate site. That was my life peak.
Reasonite since 2000. My music (and my old midi) can be found here:
https://futurewizard.org

Loque

20 Jun 2019

Wobbleburger wrote:
20 Jun 2019
Pigments is brilliant but it takes more than a day to really dig into it.
That was quite hard on that 30 minutes trial limit...After a 2nd kick off the trial time, i just 2 bad words in my mind...And i stick with them.
Reason12, Win10

sleep1979

20 Jun 2019

Loque wrote:
20 Jun 2019
The current private offer from Arturia is very tempting, but i made the decision to skip Pigments too. Nothing special, the patches are mehhh, the possiblities are more or less ok. The current personal offer is the price i would pay in normale cases. Well, it may be worth the 100 bucks if i didnt own already tons of other synths which can do more and better.

BIT is a typical RP synth. If you already have 10, you do not really need the 11nth.

And Parallels sounded so freaking boring, that would really think to install it, if it were free.

So yes, nothing you really need to have. Completely agree. Might be different if you do not have Reason or other good synths.
Parellels sounds like poop and i think predator sounds better than bit , and pigments aint great these things are waay too expensive for what they are

reddust

21 Jun 2019

I wouldn't see that as a waste of time, you used that time to find out you don't like those synths ;) I see it as something productive

hurricane
Competition Winner

21 Jun 2019

Pigments is fantastic. The presets don't do it justice though. And it just got an update adding new features. I remember when Thor was updated with new features OH WAIT THAT HASN'T HAPPENED IN 12 YEARS. :puf_bigsmile:

Synth of the year, in my opinion.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

joeyluck

21 Jun 2019

Maybe you should just give up on VSTs? :puf_smile: From what I recall, you only have like one? And you're very particular about what you keep, which isn't a bad thing. I guess I'm similar, I just like a lot of things. Does seem like you are on the lookout for something though, but maybe you just don't know exactly what. I wouldn't consider exploring as wasted time.

• Information