Any Auto drummer VST's?

Discuss VST stuff here!
peterk426

16 Jun 2019

I was at my cousins house the other day and he was using Logic X, and he showed me this really cool Plugin that comes with Logic pro Called "Drummer". Theres different drummers and it'll play drums automatically to the tempo. They even had different styles you could set the drummer to! My question is, is there any plugins out there similar to this? I would love to have this and stop wasting so much time trying to make a beat and just move on to the next part of the song. Thanks in advance

benjified

16 Jun 2019

Superior Drummer 3 by Toon Track I think. I’ve never used it though.

sleep1979

17 Jun 2019

peterk426 wrote:
16 Jun 2019
I was at my cousins house the other day and he was using Logic X, and he showed me this really cool Plugin that comes with Logic pro Called "Drummer". Theres different drummers and it'll play drums automatically to the tempo. They even had different styles you could set the drummer to! My question is, is there any plugins out there similar to this? I would love to have this and stop wasting so much time trying to make a beat and just move on to the next part of the song. Thanks in advance
Aint they just loops or midi files though?

PeterP

17 Jun 2019

Jamstix 4 is probably the closest you'll get outside Garageband / Logic. You could download the trial and have a go.

EZDrummer, Superior Drummer and the others just play back midi clips. They have some pretty nice features for tweaking those clips and building song structures, but they won't autoplay the way Apples Drummer does.

reddust

17 Jun 2019

I don't know how drummers work in Logic, but I think most of what you can do with them it's not very different than using grooves like you have for example in Fxpansion BFD3:

Take a look at minute 9:10 here:

Creativemind

17 Jun 2019

benjified wrote:
16 Jun 2019
Superior Drummer 3 by Toon Track I think. I’ve never used it though.
I've demo'd that, it's very good. It's on my to get list with the other 20 vst's lol!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

eusti

17 Jun 2019

reddust wrote:
17 Jun 2019
I don't know how drummers work in Logic, but I think most of what you can do with them it's not very different than using grooves like you have for example in Fxpansion BFD3:

Take a look at minute 9:10 here:
What drummers in GB or Logic can do is follow a certain instrument. That makes them quite useful in my opinion.

D.

reddust

17 Jun 2019

eusti wrote:
17 Jun 2019
What drummers in GB or Logic can do is follow a certain instrument. That makes them quite useful in my opinion.

D.
Sounds very interesting indeed. Specially for people who might not be very experienced in creating drums sounds like a very useful tool :thumbs_up:

eusti

17 Jun 2019

reddust wrote:
17 Jun 2019
Sounds very interesting indeed. Specially for people who might not be very experienced in creating drums sounds like a very useful tool :thumbs_up:
There is a work around to get the midi of those drums out of GarageBand that I sometimes use... As I like what the drummers are playing, but not everything and being more of an electronic kind of guy “real drum sounds” often don’t quite work for what I’m trying to do...

D.

eusti

17 Jun 2019

But of course it would be great if someone developed a VST that could achieve that... Then I wouldn’t need the back and forth between GB and Reason.

D.

reggie1979

17 Jun 2019

A tad confused, the one in logic is way different than others AFAIK. Ezdrummer and Superior drummer do have a midi section to piece bits together (before draggin/dropping to the sequencer) but it's not like jamstix where it's "intelligent"

Pingafuego

25 Jun 2019

peterk426 wrote:
16 Jun 2019
There’s Strike 2, from Air.

https://www.airmusictech.com/product/st ... RJ1YhZv-Ec

eusti

26 Jun 2019

Pingafuego wrote:
25 Jun 2019
There’s Strike 2, from Air.

https://www.airmusictech.com/product/st ... RJ1YhZv-Ec
Thanks for this. It's on sale at Best Service or JRR for $ 29 right now.
Bought it from JRR and have to say the procedure has been beyond frustrating so far...
Way too many (in my view) idiotic steps to go through to get the redeem code, license and download so far...
Not sure how the plugin itself is yet, but I'm already not interested in another Air Music Tech plugin ever. :P

D.

eusti

26 Jun 2019

reddust wrote:
26 Jun 2019
Has anyone checked these?

https://www.ujam.com/drummer/
Well, those are like the A-List Drummers. Neat players where you can select the MIDI file they are playing.
A far step from Apple's AI drummers that adapt their playing by either following a defined instrument (your bass line for instance) or your selection of either playing louder / softer and / or more complex / less complex.

D.

eusti

26 Jun 2019

Regarding Air Music Tech's Strike 2:
Well, after about 30 minutes of testing this I would say, it's a decent plug in that can do a bit more than the A List Drummers or EZ / Superior Drummers in regards to develop the beats in a more organic way... It's not quite at the level of Apple's drummers, but maybe 50 % there...
Not impressed by the either the purchasing, downloading and installation process... Pretty annoying...
Not too impressed by the sound quality / selection either... But if you use it as an AI guided help to get some drums going it could be worthwhile to give it a try...

Anybody else try this yet?

D.

eusti

26 Jun 2019

After a bit more Strike 2 testing I have to say I like the way the rides and hihats sound quite a bit... And that one can influence how open the hihats are... Might make things more complicated, but maybe I need to go a bit hybrid on things in the future...

D.

• Information