T-Racks Tape Machine Collection

Discuss VST stuff here!
hurricane
Competition Winner

12 Jun 2019

I don't know about you, but I like tape machine emulations.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/trtapemac/

Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

hurricane
Competition Winner

12 Jun 2019

Max out your jam points and you can get the collection for as low as $71. Promo price is $99/ Regular non-promo price for the bundle will be $199.
Each one is $79 during the promo period. Crazy.
CPU drain is a nuisance, but they apparently sound excellent.
Fine, for $71 I'll do it. Ugh.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Steedus
Competition Winner

12 Jun 2019

IK are the worst. Haven't dealt with them in years admittedly, but in the past they have been ruthless with DRM/authorisation and 'moderating' not so good forum posts about it (ie: deleting posts, and even entire threads for merely questioning their practices).

IK Multimedia

14 Jun 2019

Steedus wrote:
12 Jun 2019
IK are the worst. Haven't dealt with them in years admittedly, but in the past they have been ruthless with DRM/authorisation and 'moderating' not so good forum posts about it (ie: deleting posts, and even entire threads for merely questioning their practices).
Hey Steedus, sorry to hear your feelings towards us. We've developed a lot over the last couple of years and we'd love to hear what you think about our new gear & way of doing things. We'd also like to hear what turned you off initially to see what we can do moving forward. Please feel free to reach out to the team at the link below and share your feedback.

Contact us here

In the meantime, if you'd like to try out T-RackS Tape Machine to let us know what you think, download T-RackS 5 CS here. This software can be used to try these modules free of charge for 14 Days. All you need is an IK Multimedia account. Once your account is created grab your download in My Products.

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you need any help getting started.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

15 Jun 2019

Steedus wrote:
12 Jun 2019
I have no past experience with IK, but got a few of their units in the past 6-mo. I use a couple of the T-rack units on most tracks (Comp/Lim). It's been working well for me. I think it installed all the T-racks so I had to manually remove the ones I did not own, so that installation process could be a bit better, but then, we are kinda spoiled perhaps how well RE installation works (as long as you do not need to remove REs).
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Loque

15 Jun 2019

Boombastix wrote:
15 Jun 2019
I think it installed all the T-racks so I had to manually remove the ones I did not own, so that installation process could be a bit better, but then, we are kinda spoiled perhaps how well RE installation works...
Ugh!
giphy.gif
giphy.gif (986.27 KiB) Viewed 749 times
Reason12, Win10

PhillipOrdonez

15 Jun 2019

Funny to see the IK guys are listening in on Reason talk 😂

Loque

15 Jun 2019

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
15 Jun 2019
Funny to see the IK guys are listening in on Reason talk 😂
I appreciate this. No company can stay away from the internet today...

I also apreciate what he was saying, but since i heard those issues with licensing and installation issues several times till now, i really struggle to give it a try. I think they have some interesting devices, but till now i skiped them and bought elsewhere. Maybe i should give it a try sometime in the future... Its always a balancing act for a company to protect their stuff and for customer convinience. My personal opinion is, make it easier for the custome and give him a reason to buy and register the products instead of anyoing him with stupid and often self-tricking copy-protections... ;)
Reason12, Win10

NekujaK

15 Jun 2019

I've been a happy user of IK products way back since Amplitube 2 and the original SampleTank, and have all the current Amplitube and T-Racks 5 stuff. The tape stuff looks great and is getting heaps of praise. I don't own any of their hardware offerings, but I appreciate what they're doing in that arena, as well.

I have one huge gripe with IK... none of their compressors or saturation units have a Mix knob. Say what!? Sure it's more of a convenience feature, but it's a huge workflow saver when you're mixing. Ten years ago, it was okay to not have a Mix knob, but just look around... now there's a sea of excellent, reasonably priced, compressors out there, and nearly all of them have Mix knobs. Consequently, IK's plugins are starting to feel dated to me, and I find myself reaching for other capable alternatives.

Oh well... :cry:
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

• Information