New Rob Papen B.I.T synth released.

Discuss VST stuff here!
MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Jun 2019

Here it is.

https://www.robpapen.com/bit.html

They’ve also added it to the eXplorer 5 bundle.
Awesome.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

11 Jun 2019

Cool. Gotta check it ASAP.

Thanks for the update :thumbs_up:

Reason12, Win10

boingy

11 Jun 2019

You beat me to it. It's downloading as I type. :thumbs_up:

diminished
Competition Winner

11 Jun 2019

Crazy. So glad I bought explorer-5.
I could imagine RP removed some products from the Rigs just because that 99€ upgrade deal you then qualified for was TOO good.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Jun 2019

diminished wrote:
11 Jun 2019
I could imagine RP removed some products from the Rigs just because that 99€ upgrade deal you then qualified for was TOO good.
Exactly what I thought too.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Soeno

11 Jun 2019

diminished wrote:
11 Jun 2019
set explorer-5 on my list..

hurricane
Competition Winner

11 Jun 2019

I played with this one for a while this morning.

I was looking forward to this one, hoping it to be different from all his other synths, but it isn't. Was also expecting this to have a more robust analog character, but it's soft like his other most recent new synths. It's like he has this one main synth template he begins with and then just adds or subtracts little things here and there and then calls it "new". I don't find this synth inspiring at all and I'm going to attribute that to the 'samey" sounding character all his synths have, and the similar GUI layout all his synths seem to share. Has some useable sounds, but nothing spectacular, and you've heard all these presets before in his other synths. Not worth the $79 as you can find plenty of free synths that do what this does, and you most likely have one that does it better. In my opinion, Subtractor does analog better, just put a good chorus on it and you're set. If you got this for free cuz of the bundle, then it isn't worth adding it to your already cluttered instrument list. I don't see why you would ever use it over other synths. I've disabled it.

I give it a 2 out of 5.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

sycon

11 Jun 2019

Waiting for the RE...

boingy

12 Jun 2019

hurricane wrote:
11 Jun 2019
I played with this one for a while this morning.

I was looking forward to this one, hoping it to be different from all his other synths, but it isn't. Was also expecting this to have a more robust analog character, but it's soft like his other most recent new synths. It's like he has this one main synth template he begins with and then just adds or subtracts little things here and there and then calls it "new". I don't find this synth inspiring at all and I'm going to attribute that to the 'samey" sounding character all his synths have, and the similar GUI layout all his synths seem to share. Has some useable sounds, but nothing spectacular, and you've heard all these presets before in his other synths. Not worth the $79 as you can find plenty of free synths that do what this does, and you most likely have one that does it better. In my opinion, Subtractor does analog better, just put a good chorus on it and you're set. If you got this for free cuz of the bundle, then it isn't worth adding it to your already cluttered instrument list. I don't see why you would ever use it over other synths. I've disabled it.

I give it a 2 out of 5.
Whilst I wouldn't put it as strongly as you I too am a little disappointed in this one. It's not bad, it's just not "wow". I'm sure I'll use it in something and if you own the Explorer 5 bundle then it's hard to argue with the price!

VariableX

12 Jun 2019

diminished wrote:
11 Jun 2019
You know, I got the code for the deal but still haven't used it, just doesn't seem worth it, is there anything you can do with these that I can't do in Reason along with the synth Rig?
Would we keep buying cars cos we can? Nah we all make do with one, until it gets old or whatever.
I kinda feel for these synth plugin software houses, can they all keep building new synths that essentially are all the same and get sales?

Loque

12 Jun 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
12 Jun 2019
diminished wrote:
11 Jun 2019
You know, I got the code for the deal but still haven't used it, just doesn't seem worth it, is there anything you can do with these that I can't do in Reason along with the synth Rig?
Would we keep buying cars cos we can? Nah we all make do with one, until it gets old or whatever.
I kinda feel for these synth plugin software houses, can they all keep building new synths that essentially are all the same and get sales?
If you just have 1 or 2 cars, the bundle is wort it. If you are already saturated with everything, you can skip it like most other stuff.

I.g. the bundle has good value, cool and a few unique synths and the fx are good. Its just the fiddly Rob Papen GUIs and the weird sorting of the patches which dont make them gotos imo. The quality of the devices and patches are good and sometimes better than most competitors.
Reason12, Win10

VariableX

12 Jun 2019

Loque wrote:
12 Jun 2019
fretshot7 wrote:
12 Jun 2019

If you just have 1 or 2 cars, the bundle is wort it. If you are already saturated with everything, you can skip it like most other stuff.

I.g. the bundle has good value, cool and a few unique synths and the fx are good. Its just the fiddly Rob Papen GUIs and the weird sorting of the patches which dont make them gotos imo. The quality of the devices and patches are good and sometimes better than most competitors.
I guess i'm saturated, just seems like synth after synth after synth is being released these days. With all the stock Reason synths, Rigs, Synapse bundle and a couple of others, I have realised i'll never need to buy a synth again. Surly most folk reach a saturation point?

Loque

12 Jun 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
12 Jun 2019
Loque wrote:
12 Jun 2019

I guess i'm saturated, just seems like synth after synth after synth is being released these days. With all the stock Reason synths, Rigs, Synapse bundle and a couple of others, I have realised i'll never need to buy a synth again. Surly most folk reach a saturation point?
Ofc everybody does. Just took me a bit too long to understand, that i am saturated :-D
Reason12, Win10

boingy

12 Jun 2019

To return to an earlier theme, that "saturation" is why it's important that R11 is not overly focussed on yet more synths!

As for the Rob Papen stuff I love SubBoomBass (I own the RE too but tend to use the VST) and I love, love, love RAW (no RE version of that yet). No-one can be another Prodigy but RAW makes you think you might be able to. Nasty sounds just begging to be processed even more. Not so much a soft synth as a well 'ard synth.

I also use Predator loads, just because it has so many presets so I can always find something that fits without too much effort. I've probably spent a lot of time playing with the more gimmicky ones like Quad and Vecto but I rarely end up using the results. And the rest I mostly forget I have....

Loque

12 Jun 2019

I just started playing around and i noticed a screen refresh while moving the knobs and than my mouse loses the focus of the knob. Pretty anoying. Anybody have the same problem?

I just reset to "Default", enabled 2nd oscialltor, set 1>2 FM and turned the Amount while holding down a note.

Man, i hate it so much if it doesnt take longer than 10 minutes to find the first problem...

Edit:
Ok, i just wanted to give it another try and wanted to see whats all about the "modular" aspect with the Mod Matrix and noticed weird behavior of the values jumping around. Man...really? I found 2 bugs withn 10 minutes? The last devices Rob released were quite buggy too. Somethings odd at Robs.

Edit2:
Ok, looks like all Rob Papen synths have some problems. Maybe this is new too to 10.4, but i am not sure about it. Maybe i just didnt played enough with them in the last time. I just gambled around with Blue2 and had a MIDI overflow on the same scenario with holding a note and turning a knob. Not sure who to blame here, i gonna ask the RP support first... (and i guess my 5ghz i7 should be fast enough)
Attachments
midioverflow.jpg
midioverflow.jpg (225.23 KiB) Viewed 2272 times
Reason12, Win10

diminished
Competition Winner

12 Jun 2019

Tell you MIDI input, deserters will be shot.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Loque

16 Jun 2019

Looks like there is an update on the way fixing several problems... Had contact with the support and dev. Cudos for the excellent communication, feedback and fast work!
Reason12, Win10

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

16 Jun 2019

Judging from the demos I don't hear anything new. I agree with earlier comments. Sounds like any normal synth out there. It doesn't sound bad though, just not hearing anything that sticks out.

Loque

16 Jun 2019

TritoneAddiction wrote:
16 Jun 2019
Judging from the demos I don't hear anything new. I agree with earlier comments. Sounds like any normal synth out there. It doesn't sound bad though, just not hearing anything that sticks out.
Hum...yea. A few cool features are hidden, like advance oscillator settings or modulation routings in the mod matrix. If you have flagship synths, you do not really need this thing - but this is for 90% of currently released synths.
Reason12, Win10

mcatalao
Competition Winner

16 Jun 2019

Loque wrote:
12 Jun 2019
fretshot7 wrote:
12 Jun 2019

I have so many cars, and i still got the bundle!!! Crazy! I'm drowning in synths and patches and stuff... :)

mcatalao
Competition Winner

16 Jun 2019

Loque wrote:
12 Jun 2019
Edit2:
Ok, looks like all Rob Papen synths have some problems. Maybe this is new too to 10.4, but i am not sure about it. Maybe i just didnt played enough with them in the last time. I just gambled around with Blue2 and had a MIDI overflow on the same scenario with holding a note and turning a knob. Not sure who to blame here, i gonna ask the RP support first... (and i guess my 5ghz i7 should be fast enough)
Midi overflows usually happen when your remote controller adds too much info for reason to process so before Blue 2 or any other device.

Loque

16 Jun 2019

mcatalao wrote:
16 Jun 2019
Loque wrote:
12 Jun 2019
Edit2:
Midi overflows usually happen when your remote controller adds too much info for reason to process so before Blue 2 or any other device.
BIT is now clean. We will see what happens to the other synths and stuff. It was no MIDI controller, just turned the knob with the mouse...
Reason12, Win10

Loque

20 Jun 2019

The update seems to be out. And holds some additional patches too.
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Jun 2019

Loque wrote:
20 Jun 2019
Is it worth installing in your opinion Loque? I haven’t even bothered looking at it up to now to be honest.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

20 Jun 2019

MrFigg wrote:
20 Jun 2019
Loque wrote:
20 Jun 2019
Is it worth installing in your opinion Loque? I haven’t even bothered looking at it up to now to be honest.
Same as most RP synths. Just browse a patch if you need one :-D
Reason12, Win10

• Information