Unfiltered Audio TRIAD - out today!

Discuss VST stuff here!
antic604

08 Jun 2019

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... triad.html

$149 intro price, $49 for owners of BYOME
TRIAD takes the huge possibilities of its single-band predecessor BYOME and brings a new level of control to the myriad onboard effects. In a nutshell, TRIAD is a three-band frequency splitter capable of processing the low, mid, and high frequencies with different effect rows. From multi-band compression to frequency dependent reverb, complex distortions to intricate delays, pitch shifting and a variety of modulation based effects, all of this and much is now a breeze to setup and control.

Even without adding any of the effects, TRIAD can be used a “flat-sum” frequency splitter with adjustable cutoff points. An awesome looking FFT visualizer displays the signal and allows for precise control over the band amplitudes and cutoffs on the fly. Well-crafted tools like 'Auto Cutoff' and 'Unity Gain' will keep the frequency distribution balanced between the bands, or even adjust the amplitude ratio without changing the overall volume. Need to hear something more critically? You can easily solo or mute out any of the individual bands with one click.

Furthermore, you can change the frequency splitting into a number of other threefold processors: Parallel + Serial, Mid-Side, Left-Right, and more. Many modes have a flexible Pre/Post row that can quickly swap positions from the start of the chain to the end, quickly turning the tables on your patch for rapid sound design workflows.

Speaking of rapid workflows, TRIAD features a unique “Permutation” engine that rotates the function of each active band. Do you have an awesome delay setup on your mid-band, but would rather hear it on your high-band? Simply click the Permutation arrows to hear it without destroying the rest of your preset. Many dedicated presets have been created by master artists and sound designers to showcase TRIAD's unique capabilities, from workhorse frequency splitting to the most advanced mid-side processor around.

xylyx

08 Jun 2019

It's showing as $49 (plus VAT), whether you own BYOME or not. It's labelled as the plugin of the month price, so I guess you have June to get it at this price.

I will demo it later but it is tempting at this price...at the full price, it would be a no thanks from me.

Loque

08 Jun 2019

Maybe i am an ignorant, but this overpriced stuff is only interesting for non Reason users and so it must be pro I only. Guess you get my point...
Reason12, Win10

antic604

08 Jun 2019

Loque wrote:
08 Jun 2019
Maybe i am an ignorant, but this overpriced stuff is only interesting for non Reason users and so it must be pro I only. Guess you get my point...
I've no idea what "must be pro I only" means?

In Reason doing multi-band stuff isn't simple, considering amount of cabling and patching you need to do and then amount of work needed to change something or decipher the setup few months after...

Are you trying to say I shouldn't post this here? :?

Loque

08 Jun 2019

antic604 wrote:
08 Jun 2019
Loque wrote:
08 Jun 2019
I've no idea what "must be pro I only" means?

In Reason doing multi-band stuff isn't simple, considering amount of cabling and patching you need to do and then amount of work needed to change something or decipher the setup few months after...

Are you trying to say I shouldn't post this here? :?
The "I" is autocorrection error...

Somehow you think everyone attacks you...

I just said my opinion as you did. And my answer has a bit of irony, you get it? I can explain if it is only in my head and didnt reached out enough.
Reason12, Win10

danc

08 Jun 2019

antic604 wrote:
08 Jun 2019
Agree with you - doing it in Reason can be annoying with so many parallel channels and plugins to get the same result - especially if your FX includes shifting the band frequency using an LFO or something. Can turn into a right old mess in Reason.

A very similar tool to this is Kilohearts MULTIPASS. I've got BYOME and MULTIPASS and have to say that I find Kilohearts tool easier to use... but both have their own unique 'sound'. If you are considering a multi-band FX tool - check out both and then decide.
Check my Soundcloud:

aeox
Competition Winner

08 Jun 2019

Unfiltered audio should make more RE :D

HeavyViper

09 Jun 2019

They've come quite a way since Dent/Indent, geez...
Sound Designer and Composer :reason: FM+PSG Chip Sorcerer
https://heavyviper.bandcamp.com

antic604

09 Jun 2019

Loque wrote:
08 Jun 2019
Isn't everyone out to get me?! :puf_bigsmile:

Loque

09 Jun 2019

antic604 wrote:
09 Jun 2019
Loque wrote:
08 Jun 2019
Isn't everyone out to get me?! :puf_bigsmile:
The outside is just in your head. There does not exist anything.
Reason12, Win10

reddust

12 Jun 2019

I have bought it, as I already owned Byome and really liked its workflow and easy to understand GUI.

I had a similar situation by having both MRhythmizer and MRhythmizer MultiBand from Melda, and I really like the MultiBand option on both MRhythmizer and Triad. To be honest, if you have any of these plugins in their multi band version you actually don't need the other one as both of them let you activate/deactivate the multi band option and it's already like having the other one. In my case buying Byome was worth it because I payed $69 for it and now $49 for Triad, so now I have them both for less money than just buying Triad.
xylyx wrote:
08 Jun 2019
It's showing as $49 (plus VAT), whether you own BYOME or not. It's labelled as the plugin of the month price, so I guess you have June to get it at this price.

I will demo it later but it is tempting at this price...at the full price, it would be a no thanks from me.
For me it appears at a price of $149 and not $49 when I'm not logged in. Are you really seeing $49 for it not owning Byome?

xylyx

12 Jun 2019

reddust wrote:
12 Jun 2019
xylyx wrote:
08 Jun 2019

For me it appears at a price of $149 and not $49 when I'm not logged in. Are you really seeing $49 for it not owning Byome?
It was an error on PA's part, apparently. I don't know when the mistake was rectified. I was unsure whether it was worth the [incorrect] $49 (+VAT) to me when I demoed it, so when I saw it was back to $149, it was an easy decision to uninstall the demo and move on :) . At $249, it's way overpriced, in my opinion.

I also had a lot of crashes while demoing the plugin.

reddust

12 Jun 2019

xylyx wrote:
12 Jun 2019
reddust wrote:
12 Jun 2019

It was an error on PA's part, apparently. I don't know when the mistake was rectified. I was unsure whether it was worth the [incorrect] $49 (+VAT) to me when I demoed it, so when I saw it was back to $149, it was an easy decision to uninstall the demo and move on :) . At $249, it's way overpriced, in my opinion.

I also had a lot of crashes while demoing the plugin.
I would never pay the full price either, even the $149 would be too much for me for this kind of plugin, for $49 it was a no brainer, maybe even twice as much if I didn't own Byome already, but I don't think they're worth more than $100 separately.

I can't say about the demo, but for me the full versions are working fine, haven't had a single crash or bug so far.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

12 Jul 2020

I see TRIAD is on a one day sale for $50 and with my personal voucher it brings it down to $25.

Worth it?

I'm not really into spaced out FX and drones type stuff, looking mainly for musical stuff...
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

12 Jul 2020

Boombastix wrote:
12 Jul 2020
I see TRIAD is on a one day sale for $50 and with my personal voucher it brings it down to $25.

Worth it?

I'm not really into spaced out FX and drones type stuff, looking mainly for musical stuff...
Where?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Boombastix
Competition Winner

12 Jul 2020

MrFigg wrote:
12 Jul 2020
Boombastix wrote:
12 Jul 2020

Worth it?

Where?
At PA. "TRIAD-4999"

MrFigg
Competition Winner

12 Jul 2020

Boombastix wrote:
12 Jul 2020
MrFigg wrote:
12 Jul 2020

Where?
At PA. "TRIAD-4999"
Showing as $149.99 (half price) here.
https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... triad.html

Edit: yeah TRIAD-4999 takes it down to $49.99 at checkout.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

12 Jul 2020

I have the fx in Lion and they are ok, some interesting stuff. But 50 is too much. I missed the sale in February where they sold the bundle for 30 bucks. 30 bucks for only triad is too much imo. For 20 it's ok, including taxes for sure..

Might be more worth if you don't have many good fx, but I have more than enough.
Reason12, Win10

ProfessaKaos

12 Jul 2020

Boombastix wrote:
12 Jul 2020

Worth it?

I quite like it. Very versatile.You can make anything within it multi-band, so multi-band saturation/distortion/compression/delays/reverbs with multiple instances of each effect on each band. Worth $25 IMO. I've made some really cool reverb, delay and bass saturation patches with it.
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

Boombastix
Competition Winner

14 Jul 2020

I downloaded the trial but decided against it, even at $25.

Had a piano loop playing and browsed the presets. Got tired of it after about 2/3 and not much useful. Too much weird spectral glitchiness.

Did the same with Snap-Heap and thought it is way more useful. So there you have it, my opinion of it.

• Information