Melda MSoundFactory

Discuss VST stuff here!
Ahornberg

06 Jun 2019

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MSoundFactory

Really, this is the sound designers dream!

antic604

06 Jun 2019

Ahornberg wrote:
06 Jun 2019

And GUI snob's nightmare ;) :D

danc

07 Jun 2019

antic604 wrote:
06 Jun 2019
Ahornberg wrote:
06 Jun 2019

And GUI snob's nightmare ;) :D
Thankfully... once you've done your Melda Master's Degree the overly confusing GUI, with its relentless sub-sub-sub-sub-popup, within a sub-sub-sub-popup is the same for all their plugins. I personally love the quality of their plugins, especially the reverbs, delays, spectral dynamics etc... and especially the hyper useful MultiAnalyzer with its waveform analyser, where you can pause and really drill down to what's going on across multiple audio layers - properly allowing me to see how the kick and bass interact. Anal maybe, but worth the extra mile of effort.

Anyway... I can say that I've nearly completed the Melda "we don't half make things deep and even deeper if you want... oh and there's another layer of deepness if you don't have a life" course... only takes about 3 years to pass.
Check my Soundcloud:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Feb 2020

Just seen they’re giving MCharmVerb away for free.

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MCharmVerb
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

20 Feb 2020

Sorry, i hate Melda from the deepest of my heart.
Reason12, Win10

hurricane
Competition Winner

20 Feb 2020

Loque wrote:
20 Feb 2020
Usually I disagree with your thoughts on VSTs, but I actually agree with you on this for the first time ever. Ha.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Loque

20 Feb 2020

hurricane wrote:
20 Feb 2020
Loque wrote:
20 Feb 2020
Usually I disagree with your thoughts on VSTs, but I actually agree with you on this for the first time ever. Ha.
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif
ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif (603.61 KiB) Viewed 3623 times
Reason12, Win10

demt

20 Feb 2020

Loque wrote:
20 Feb 2020
hurricane wrote:
20 Feb 2020

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif
same hear it grinds into your sole with clinical obtusness and as reasons the pretiest daw i carnt get anywhere near it due to 20 beautiful years
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

danc

22 Feb 2020

demt wrote:
20 Feb 2020
Loque wrote:
20 Feb 2020

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif
same hear it grinds into your sole with clinical obtusness and as reasons the pretiest daw i carnt get anywhere near it due to 20 beautiful years
Melda has gone through quite a major UI improvement drive in the last year. Even their website has had a major refurbishment and looks quite enticing.

Yes... Your PHd in Applied Maths does come in handy when you dive into the sub-sub-sub menus, buts it's nowhere near as painful as it once was. They do include an easy mode in their plugins... Which is a sure sign of trying to hide the bad design in the complex mode.

There are some rather great FX tools in the Melda catalogue (e.g. multianalyser). I frequently use their Turbo reverb and delays.

I haven't been enticed into the Melda synths, because I agree with you guys they're too complex for everyday use. If I were full time sound designing I might see the point putting huge time investments into it, as no doubt it would pay dividends back
Check my Soundcloud:

dvdrtldg

23 Feb 2020

Loque wrote:
20 Feb 2020
Why?

I've got all their freebies and I really like them, especially their ring modulator and spectral delay plugins. The UIs kind of suck but apart from that, they're great

That said, I"m pretty disappointed that they won't be doing anything about OS Catalina compatibility. Glad I never actually paid money for any of their gear

Loque

23 Feb 2020

dvdrtldg wrote:
23 Feb 2020
Loque wrote:
20 Feb 2020
Why?

I've got all their freebies and I really like them, especially their ring modulator and spectral delay plugins. The UIs kind of suck but apart from that, they're great

That said, I"m pretty disappointed that they won't be doing anything about OS Catalina compatibility. Glad I never actually paid money for any of their gear
I once tried a freebie and got anoyed by all that other sh!t installed and anoying messages to buy and upgrade. Horrible. Fake freebies.
Reason12, Win10

danc

23 Feb 2020

Loque wrote:
23 Feb 2020
dvdrtldg wrote:
23 Feb 2020

Why?

I once tried a freebie and got anoyed by all that other sh!t installed and anoying messages to buy and upgrade. Horrible. Fake freebies.
Not sure what century you tried it... but the current installation is simply the VST DLL and a folder to store the presets (just like most other well-behaved VST installations).

As for the annoying messages to upgrade... again I find it well-behaved. There is a little red bar at the bottom of the VST saying it's not the paid for version, but hardly imposing.

How about giving it another go and decide from there. Just to make sure your opinion isn't scarred from something that isn't true anymore. Make sure you get out your calculus and log tables if you open up those sub-sub edit pages!
Check my Soundcloud:

demt

23 Feb 2020

its only been a year scince i last fell for it and ive no time to clear out all the stuff in my drive
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

dvdrtldg

23 Feb 2020

danc wrote:
23 Feb 2020
the current installation is simply the VST DLL and a folder to store the presets (just like most other well-behaved VST installations).

As for the annoying messages to upgrade... again I find it well-behaved. There is a little red bar at the bottom of the VST saying it's not the paid for version, but hardly imposing.
This has been my experience too. Just a red bar at the bottom of the device, nothing more intrusive than that

• Information