NI Summer of Sounds - 50% OFF Upgrades & Updates

Discuss VST stuff here!
Soeno

01 Jun 2019

check your local dealer, 50% OFF Upgrades & Updates for Komplete 12 / Ultimate

manisnotabird

01 Jun 2019

Local dealer? Not seeing it on the NI website.

eusti

01 Jun 2019

I think I read somewhere that it starts on Monday...

D.

Soeno

02 Jun 2019

.. upgraded yesterday

Boombastix
Competition Winner

02 Jun 2019

eusti wrote: ↑
01 Jun 2019
I think I read somewhere that it starts on Monday...

D.
Some started early. Bestservice has the Komplete 12 upgrade listed for $183 :shock:
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Popey
Competition Winner

02 Jun 2019

If anyone is thinking of upgrading to/or getting komplete 12 the release date for Massive x is the 27th June.

Soeno

02 Jun 2019

Massive X is included anyway

Loque

02 Jun 2019

Popey wrote: ↑
02 Jun 2019
If anyone is thinking of upgrading to/or getting komplete 12 the release date for Massive x is the 27th June.
Maybe πŸ˜‚
Reason12, Win10

Popey
Competition Winner

02 Jun 2019

Loque wrote: ↑
02 Jun 2019
Popey wrote: ↑
02 Jun 2019
Maybe πŸ˜‚
Ha ha yes there is always that possibility so i do have the get out of not mentioning which year πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

joeyluck

03 Jun 2019

I see that the Kontakt crossgrade is part of this sale, but even at $125 I'm having a hard time justifying the price. It doesn't come with much content at all, and if not using it to build instrument libraries, it's just paying for the privilege to use free libraries (for the most part). I have free libraries installed which run in demo mode (timed per session) in Kontakt Player and can't say I really feel the need to "unlock" them from the timed demo mode.

I have purchased Kontakt libraries, which is what qualifies me for the crossgrade, but all of those run fully in Kontakt Player... Is there anything I'm missing?

Boombastix
Competition Winner

03 Jun 2019

joeyluck wrote: ↑
03 Jun 2019
I see that the Kontakt crossgrade is part of this sale, but even at $125 I'm having a hard time justifying the price. It doesn't come with much content at all, and if not using it to build instrument libraries, it's just paying for the privilege to use free libraries (for the most part). I have free libraries installed which run in demo mode (timed per session) in Kontakt Player and can't say I really feel the need to "unlock" them from the timed demo mode.

I have purchased Kontakt libraries, which is what qualifies me for the crossgrade, but all of those run fully in Kontakt Player... Is there anything I'm missing?
Nah, Kontakt by itself never made sense to me. But the Komplete 12 upgrade from Select at $180 is OK. Massive X, probably equivalent to any other $150+ monster synth, a whole lot of FX and synths and libraries/packs. From what I can use - tax deduction, it'll be like $20-25 a piece. :shock:
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

stratatonic

03 Jun 2019

03 Jun 2019

I bought Kontakt 5 a few years back for 125, thinking of maybe using it as a crossgrade path to Komplete.

I didn't buy Komplete back then, but logging into my Native Instruments account today, they offered me a crossgrade to Komplete Ultimate 12 from Kontakt 5 for CAN$649 - which is probably $499US . Looks like I'd get Komplete 12 for 259CAN - $199US

So it's probably the cheapest way to get a Komplete deal.

reddust

04 Jun 2019

I watched through the NI sales yesterday and honestly I am quite disappointed on how they handle them.

I bought the Maschine Mk3 hardware some months ago, which included Komplete 12 select and also bought the full version of the kontakt player. There is a section in the member area that links you directly to your Komplete deals. It said 99$ at the beginning, then I wanted to purchase and it told me I wasn't actually eligible for an update but for an upgrade which costs twice as much, 199$... ok, so that was more than I can afford this month and started watching for alternatives.

As I am thinking of getting one of the komplete kontrol keyboards and you can pay them monthly using PayPal credit I started looking for my options. When you click on the S61 you actually get infos on both the S49 and the S61 but only the S49 is showing in the main view, so when you actually want to get the S61 you finally find out it's also 100$ more than what you just saw.

The sales for hardware are only there if you buy a hardware/software bundle, which means there is no sale on the hardware at all, because actually it's the same as buying the hardware and the reduced software separately, and guess what, if you buy the bundle you cannot pay it monthly using the PayPal credit option.

So after around one hour or more checking for options to get some good discount using this sale I just found out that I'm not going to buy anything now, as I personally don't find the upgrade from komplete 12 select to komplete 12 worth the 200$ and the hardware, which is what I find more interesting, isn't reduced at all. Too bad because I was really decided to get something from their shop yesterday, but seems like all my options were blocked in some way.

Nevertheless an interesting sale for people just looking for some software updates and similar stuff.

NekujaK

04 Jun 2019

03 Jun 2019

I was still only using Kontak Player and also found the upgrade price to full Kontakt to be rather high, even with the discount. But Kontakt as part of the Komplete 12 bundle, starts to make more sense to me. So I took advantage of a $100-off voucher on Komplete Select that NI emailed me last week (don't know what I did to deserve that), and bought Select, then immediately upgraded to Komplete 12 - all at sale prices. It basically came to a 50% discount on Komplete 12. But even without the voucher, I think Komplete 12 at a discount is worth considering. The highlights for me are:
- full Kontakt
- Absynth
- Massive (and Massive X)
- Guitar Rig Pro
- Rickenbacker bass
- several of the Pianos
- Ethnic libraries
- Drum Lab

I'm not much into EDM/dub/funk/trap etc... so the expansion packs are of little interest to me, and the other included synths don't add anything new to my existing collection, but the items listed above make Komplete 12 a decent buy at the sale price, at least for me.
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

joeyluck

04 Jun 2019

NekujaK wrote: ↑
04 Jun 2019
03 Jun 2019

I was still only using Kontak Player and also found the upgrade price to full Kontakt to be rather high, even with the discount. But Kontakt as part of the Komplete 12 bundle, starts to make more sense to me. So I took advantage of a $100-off voucher on Komplete Select that NI emailed me last week (don't know what I did to deserve that), and bought Select, then immediately upgraded to Komplete 12 - all at sale prices. It basically came to a 50% discount on Komplete 12. But even without the voucher, I think Komplete 12 at a discount is worth considering. The highlights for me are:
- full Kontakt
- Absynth
- Massive (and Massive X)
- Guitar Rig Pro
- Rickenbacker bass
- several of the Pianos
- Ethnic libraries
- Drum Lab

I'm not much into EDM/dub/funk/trap etc... so the expansion packs are of little interest to me, and the other included synths don't add anything new to my existing collection, but the items listed above make Komplete 12 a decent buy at the sale price, at least for me.
I do miss Absynth a bit. It was installed on the Mac G4 Cube I bought used back in the day. It wasn't my license, so of course, I couldn't do anything with it when I soon upgraded the hard drive and OS. But I did enjoy playing with it during the time I had it. Fun fact: Reason was also installed on that G4 Cube along with Digital Performer. Things immediately clicked with Reason and I bought a license.

NekujaK

04 Jun 2019

04 Jun 2019
I do miss Absynth a bit. It was installed on the Mac G4 Cube I bought used back in the day. It wasn't my license, so of course, I couldn't do anything with it when I soon upgraded the hard drive and OS. But I did enjoy playing with it during the time I had it. Fun fact: Reason was also installed on that G4 Cube along with Digital Performer. Things immediately clicked with Reason and I bought a license.
Yeah, of all the stuff in Komplete, Absynth is by far, what I'm most excited about! Can't wait to sit down with it...

Great origin story about getting introduced to Reason!
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

• Information