U-He VSTs bit cheaper on PluginBoutique

Discuss VST stuff here!
tallguy

26 May 2019

They're about 15% off this weekend. Not a lot.

In your experience, is this as good as it gets with U-He plugins? Some manufacturers seem to do a 80% off sale every other week. But U-He is a bit more conservative AFAIK. So maybe 15% is as good as you can hope for?

Loque

26 May 2019

There was a quite good deal with NI a few months ago where you could get much more than 15-20%. U-He does rarly sales and even more rare they do big sales.

Quility wise i never tried them, but some think they are good.

What are you looking for?
Reason12, Win10

diminished
Competition Winner

26 May 2019

tallguy wrote:
26 May 2019

In your experience, is this as good as it gets with U-He plugins? Some manufacturers seem to do a 80% off sale every other week. But U-He is a bit more conservative AFAIK. So maybe 15% is as good as you can hope for?
U-He had a sale on selected plugins together with NI a while ago, and someone here guessed (correctly, imho) that this is probably the best price we ever see. 50% off.
I grabbed Repro back then, to this day the first and last VST I ever bought :)
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Soeno

26 May 2019

Anyway it's a good deal.

tallguy

26 May 2019

Loque wrote:
26 May 2019
There was a quite good deal with NI a few months ago where you could get much more than 15-20%. U-He does rarly sales and even more rare they do big sales.

Quality wise i never tried them, but some think they are good.

What are you looking for?
I have U-He Repro 5 and it's quite simply my favourite soft synth. I rate it higher than anything from Arturia. So no questions about the quality here.

I'm looking at Satin. Recently, I've been looking at different saturation plugins and I keep coming back to Satin.

Actually, I looked up the NI and U-He deal from february. You couldn't buy Satin anyway unless you bought a whole bundle.

sleep1979

26 May 2019

tallguy wrote:
26 May 2019

Customer service was awful for me so i sold diva , i like to own things from people i can message and ask questions, like an investment,
They did a sale earlier this year with native instruments and now this though so i think there will be more from
Them now .

Boombastix
Competition Winner

27 May 2019

They did a 25% off to sign up for the news letter when the new Euro "privacy" laws took place. But it's well known that they "never" discount. Seems we had three discounts in short succession, but my guess is the 50% was an anomaly, so 15-25% is perhaps what it will be if/when there is a next time. If you plan to design your own sounds, you need to accept that there is quite a learning curve for the U-he synths. They are very capable, but not a noob synth if programming is what you want. The presets will get you far though and the Digital Osc in Diva is very nice.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

EdGrip

27 May 2019

I have Repro, which I love. I bought it when it was 99 as Repro-1 but with Repro 5 on the way. I chose to buy it over The Legend, although of course that's a Moog-vs-Prophet thing as much as anything.
I also have the free-ish Bazille CM which is hella deep in itself and sounds excellent for more evolving, modern and nasty sounds.

They don't often do sales and when they do they're fairly modest. I think that NI thing was the biggest they've done since I've been into this hobby.

But! They allow their licenses to be sold once.
So you can buy from them, knowing you can sell your license if you ever want to, OR you can buy a 2nd hand license for cheap knowing that you can't sell it.

tallguy

27 May 2019

EdGrip wrote:
27 May 2019
But! They allow their licenses to be sold once.
So you can buy from them, knowing you can sell your license if you ever want to, OR you can buy a 2nd hand license for cheap knowing that you can't sell it.
Interesting. I didn't realise that.

dvdrtldg

27 May 2019

tallguy wrote:
26 May 2019

I'm looking at Satin. Recently, I've been looking at different saturation plugins and I keep coming back to Satin.
Get it. I have a bunch of tape sim plugins and Satin is the best of the lot

tallguy

27 May 2019

dvdrtldg wrote:
27 May 2019
Get it. I have a bunch of tape sim plugins and Satin is the best of the lot
I did get it. Looking forward to getting acquainted with the intricacies of Satin.

• Information