Problem_Device volume changes

Discuss VST stuff here!
Tobi Rice

21 May 2019

Hello,

I have the problem that with some of my VST like Omnisphere, Xpand!2 the device volume suddenly becomes very quiet and I can't find a way to undo this problem. Ctrl. Z doesn't work and I can't find any settings that could be responsible for it.

The only way so far is to delete the VST instrument from the rack and insert it again. But thats not a solution because the Problem will return.

I suspect this has something to do with an unwanted midi Signal. I have only one VST instrument where I found the solution. After the volume suddenly drops, I can touch the volume knob in the vst very lightly (move it slightly) and the original volume is set again.

Any of you have this Problem or can help me to find a solution?

I really appreciate any Kind of help

Thanks
Reason 3-10, Propulsion Drum Sequencer,
Synchronous, Synapse Antidote

Nektar Panorma P4, Push2

selig
RE Developer

21 May 2019

99% of the time this is a controller sending out unintended data.

If it’s something that happens again and again, you need to determine which physical control is causing this and move it back and forth (called “exercising” the control). This will typically clear the problem, at least for a while. Additionally, set the control to a more reasonable position so it won’t drop the volume so much - and now that you know which control is causing the problem, you can grab it right away and restore the volume to the desired level. :)
Selig Audio, LLC

Tobi Rice

21 May 2019

Thank you very much for your answer selig,

currently I only use a midi controller and that's the Ableton Push2 in conjunction with the Retouch control software. But even if this controller is completely switched off and no other midi device is plugged in, the problem occurs. A physical controller cannot be the Problem, i guess. But so that I can use my Ableton Push2 and reason together, the software loopMIDI | Tobias Erichsen always runs in the background. maybe that's the problem.

At least I've narrowed down the problem there.
Reason 3-10, Propulsion Drum Sequencer,
Synchronous, Synapse Antidote

Nektar Panorma P4, Push2

• Information