Reason doesn't send CC MIDI to VSTs Addictive Durms 2

Discuss VST stuff here!
dpelatrix

18 May 2019

Hi, first post here, so...

I just bought Reason 10.3 (updated from Demo), and when I launch it as stand alone daw (not in Rewire mode), I've noticed that Addictive Drums 2 (AD2) is not getting the CC MIDI signal from my Roland's TD3 sound module (when playing Hi-Hats).

So, I have a TD3 Roland e-Drum kit that's connected via MIDI in-out cables to my Focusrite 18i20, wich is the main asio sound card to Reason. In Reason, I've added AD2 VST as an instrument. When I play the kit, it does sounds correctly on AD2. I mean, the snare triggers the snare on AD2, toms sounds like toms, cymbals as cymbals, even the hi-hat... but the problem it's that it remains closed, even when I move the foot controller (I mean the hi-hat, of course). It should fire the CC signal to AD2, but it's seems that it get lost in Reason... I suppose.... because when I've tried it on AD2 as stand alone app, it works fine. When I launch AD2 from another DAW (tracktion 7 64bits) as VSTi , it works fine too...

In short, the CC fired from my hi-hat peddal (Roland's TD3 e-Drum sound module) doesn't get to AD2, when it's fired from Reason 10.3 when launched as stand alone daw...

I would appreciate any help... Thank's in advance. Lucas.

dpelatrix

19 May 2019

... well, after reading the manual a lot, I finally figure it out.

During my "research", I've found that the foot expression pedal of my pedalboard (I've pluged in my old VOX Tonelab LE, through a separated midi cable to my laptop) was "stealing" the CC signal from my hihat controller in the TD3... yes, it was a strange thing... so at that moment, I had to place my foot on the expression pedal in the pedalboard to control the hihat in the TD3... I have to play drums with a foot on the guitar pedalboard...

So, as I said, I read the (f***ing) manual, and I found that It's possible to override default mappings that Reason does when you plug-in a new device. I Knew that my TD3 module sends signals exclusively over the channel 10; I knew that the signal I was looking was the CC over 4. So I went the "Option" menu, and "Additional Remote Overrides...", and on that GUI, I looked up for my MIDI Controller "surface", and I just let the CH10-CC 4 fixed for my controller...

I know, may be it isn't clear enough... but don't be afraid of asking... just be afraid of my writing... :D

• Information