Kontakt does not load patch when project load

Discuss VST stuff here!
kooshan

11 May 2019

I have this problem with Aviram Arabic Strings . When saved the project and open it again, it sounds different because it does not save the patch within the kontakt library so it always load the default sound of that kontakt library . Is it a bug of aviram? Or Any similar situation with other libraries in reason?

I appreciate any help

NekujaK

11 May 2019

I haven't experienced this with any Kontakt libraries. But I nearly always put Kontakt inside a Combinator (this enables me to save each library as a favorite in Reason's browser, so I can grab the library directly from the browser), so you might try putting it in a Combinator to see if that'll make the patch settings stick.
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

Despondo
Competition Winner

14 May 2019

NekujaK wrote:
11 May 2019
...I nearly always put Kontakt inside a Combinator (this enables me to save each library as a favorite in Reason's browser, so I can grab the library directly from the browser),...
Nice tip!

esselfortium

14 May 2019

NekujaK wrote:
11 May 2019
I haven't experienced this with any Kontakt libraries. But I nearly always put Kontakt inside a Combinator (this enables me to save each library as a favorite in Reason's browser, so I can grab the library directly from the browser), so you might try putting it in a Combinator to see if that'll make the patch settings stick.
You can also do this without needing to put it in a Combinator, if you use the save patch button on the VST faceplate in Reason. I have a lot of libraries set up this way so I can grab them from Reason's browser, using Kontakt's internal quickload system only for certain libraries comprised of tons of patches (like orchestral libraries).
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

NekujaK

15 May 2019

esselfortium wrote:
14 May 2019
NekujaK wrote:
11 May 2019
You can also do this without needing to put it in a Combinator, if you use the save patch button on the VST faceplate in Reason. I have a lot of libraries set up this way so I can grab them from Reason's browser, using Kontakt's internal quickload system only for certain libraries comprised of tons of patches (like orchestral libraries).
Wow, I didn't realize that was possible - thanks for the heads up. However, the artist in me likes to create custom Combinator skins for my Kontakt libraries. I just like how it looks in the rack. I just wish Reason would display thumbnails of the skins in the browser... :cry:

KontaktCombis.jpg
KontaktCombis.jpg (1012.12 KiB) Viewed 387 times
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

• Information