OB-Xd in Reason

Discuss VST stuff here!
altron

11 May 2019

Is anyone using the free OB-Xd in Reason? I'd like to give it a try but there seems to be no way to switch presets with this synth in Reason. Any known workaround for this shortcoming?
Trap is where music goes to die.

Micha1973

11 May 2019

I use this no Problems :puf_bigsmile:
Music Is My Life
&
Reason 12 sounds better :essentials:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsW3Wr ... gA05XklBng

eusti

11 May 2019

altron wrote:
11 May 2019
Is anyone using the free OB-Xd in Reason? I'd like to give it a try but there seems to be no way to switch presets with this synth in Reason. Any known workaround for this shortcoming?
I was completely confused by that too until someone pointed out that you can switch presets in the rack at the VST module level...

D.

altron

11 May 2019

eusti wrote:
11 May 2019
altron wrote:
11 May 2019
I was completely confused by that too until someone pointed out that you can switch presets in the rack at the VST module level...

D.
Wut! Thanks for the hint! Now that I looked closer at it it's the first time I noticed this can be done. :-o

EDIT: One question though: Is it possible to assign the VST preset forward/back to some MIDI control param? The buttons are frustratingly small so mouse navigation on them is cumbersome.

MarkTarlton

11 May 2019

it took me a minute to figure that out as well. my only wish is that the screen real estate for this vst takes up more than my laptop allows, so it would be nice for better control of this.

in terms of preset control have you tried edit remote override mapping...right click over the parameter

altron

11 May 2019

MarkTarlton wrote:
11 May 2019
it took me a minute to figure that out as well. my only wish is that the screen real estate for this vst takes up more than my laptop allows, so it would be nice for better control of this.

in terms of preset control have you tried edit remote override mapping...right click over the parameter
Yes, unfortunately there seems to be no way to map VST Prog prev/next patch to remote controls. Nothing is in the context menu and when activating Options/Remote Override Edit Mode it seems in fact these are not mappable, which is a bummer.

• Information