Weird location issue with Reaktor Monark

Discuss VST stuff here!
reddust

04 May 2019

Hi,

I was doing some tests with Reaktor's synth Monark in one of my songs inside Reason and realized that every time I closed and reopened that song the path for Monark was missing a backslash and monark wouldn't load.

I've installed my libraries on an external disk to save space and the route should be:
D:\\VST\Monark\Monark.ens

..but instead of that I the DAW searches for:
D:\\VST\MonarkMonark.ens

...with the last backslash missing, so it can't be found and I need to relocate the .ens file every time I open the song.

Have someone had a similar issue and knows of a way to solve it?

platzangst

05 May 2019

I may be missing something, but as a Reaktor ensemble, isn't it Reaktor and not Reason that should be searching for the ensemble? Perhaps the problem is there.

reddust

05 May 2019

platzangst wrote:
05 May 2019
I may be missing something, but as a Reaktor ensemble, isn't it Reaktor and not Reason that should be searching for the ensemble? Perhaps the problem is there.
I actually asked first in the NI forum and they told me that they aren't having this issue and maybe it had something to do with my DAW which is Reason so I tried it here too :)

WongoTheSane

05 May 2019

I just did a quick test and I don't have this problem. Is it possible that your directories, set in Reaktor, have been altered in some way and are missing the final backslash?

monark.JPG
monark.JPG (93.37 KiB) Viewed 632 times

reddust

06 May 2019

WongoTheSane wrote:
05 May 2019
I just did a quick test and I don't have this problem. Is it possible that your directories, set in Reaktor, have been altered in some way and are missing the final backslash?

monark.JPG
That sounds very possible, maybe the last backslash is missing there, I'll check it later when I get home, thanks Wongo :)

• Information