WA Ascension vst

Discuss VST stuff here!
VariableX

20 Apr 2019

Anyone got any thoughts on this? Im not into vst but this seems to be alot of bang for buck on sale at $20 down from $100. Full of midi, 10gb Rom and it looks like a pretty decent synth also.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Apr 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
20 Apr 2019
Anyone got any thoughts on this? Im not into vst but this seems to be alot of bang for buck on sale at $20 down from $100. Full of midi, 10gb Rom and it looks like a pretty decent synth also.
When i saw the word ROMpler in the product description I immediately turned off. I’ve been taken in by the €100 down to €20 thing before. Twice!!! Read DNALabs REs. A mistake I will NEVER repeat.
Anyway, I read again and I guess it’s a synth too. Guess it depends how many synths you’ve already got. Ask yourself first though...are you getting it just because it’s cheap? May Madness coming up...could be something good there for €20. Just saying :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

VariableX

20 Apr 2019

MrFigg wrote:
20 Apr 2019
fretshot7 wrote:
20 Apr 2019
When i saw the word ROMpler in the product description I immediately turned off. I’ve been taken in by the €100 down to €20 thing before. Twice!!! Read DNALabs REs. A mistake I will NEVER repeat.
Anyway, I read again and I guess it’s a synth too. Guess it depends how many synths you’ve already got. Ask yourself first though...are you getting it just because it’s cheap? May Madness coming up...could be something good there for €20. Just saying :).
I hear you but this is a far different beast to the dna labs rompler check this vid i think im gonna bite https://youtu.be/N9oFQuFPtjY

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Apr 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
20 Apr 2019
MrFigg wrote:
20 Apr 2019

I hear you but this is a far different beast to the dna labs rompler check this vid i think im gonna bite https://youtu.be/N9oFQuFPtjY
Aaaa. Actually it does look pretty cool :).
Buy it from plugin boutique and you’ll get Accusonus Regroover Essential for free. That’s worth €20 itself :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MDTerps2015

21 Apr 2019

MrFigg wrote:
20 Apr 2019
fretshot7 wrote:
20 Apr 2019
This is an actual synth with four osc and a rompler built in. I bought and I don't even know where to start. Sounds pretty good and its loads sounds fast as heck. Not a big DSP hit on my end but this is not just a rompler it is a beast. Im wondering if you can load samples into it because it has a load button but like I said I don't know where to start.
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

Popey
Competition Winner

22 Apr 2019

I had a load of virtual cash in plugin boutique so ended up paying £3 for this and first impressions are quite good. I have steered clear of romplers since hydronexius but this seems to have more functionality to it (and does not have the weird phasing type sound i dont like with hydronexius). If your a preset guy this seems very edm focussed but with the 4 oscillators i think you should be able to design what sounds your after.

VariableX

22 Apr 2019

Well I did get it, but the 9gb download seems beyond my internet connections capabilities :(
Tried hard wiring it, download managers, checked disk space, dunno if its a timeout thing cos its gonna take 5+hours atleast. I keep getting disconnected and it doesnt seem to be a resumable download.

Im sure ill figure something out, dont normally have issues like this. First world problems, im far more worried about global warming.

Zac

22 Apr 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
22 Apr 2019
Well I did get it, but the 9gb download seems beyond my internet connections capabilities :(
Tried hard wiring it, download managers, checked disk space, dunno if its a timeout thing cos its gonna take 5+hours atleast. I keep getting disconnected and it doesnt seem to be a resumable download.

Im sure ill figure something out, dont normally have issues like this. First world problems, im far more worried about global warming.
This synth is getting a lot of attention over on kvr as well due to the price drop so the problem might be with the servers on their end. If you wait a few days hopefully you'll get a better connection?

VariableX

22 Apr 2019

Zac wrote:
22 Apr 2019
fretshot7 wrote:
22 Apr 2019

This synth is getting a lot of attention over on kvr as well due to the price drop so the problem might be with the servers on their end. If you wait a few days hopefully you'll get a better connection?
thanks for the tip, i think ill wait a bit...

MDTerps2015

01 May 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
22 Apr 2019

My computer has problems downloading extremely large files too. What I do is go from wifi to ethernet. When I hook up my ethernet, it downloads faster and it doesn't hang up. Same thing happened to me with AIR Music Transfuser, Struucture and few of my other large synth libraries. I Hooked up ethernet and got about 11 mbs throughout the whole download. BTW I have and AMD 2700x, 32 gb or RAM at overclocked to 3300.
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

miscend

01 May 2019

It's a very mediocre synth. But the presets are nice for EDM and dance music. It comes with a 9 gig sample library and has lots of built in dance music midi sequences which you can drag into your DAW. I'd say its worth it for the sample library and midi files alone.

• Information