Pulse Code Drum Plugin by Psychic Modulation

Discuss VST stuff here!
eusti

18 Apr 2019

Psychic Modulation has a spring sale at the moment.

I quite like this plugin, but am still struggling with the sequencer and how to best use it in Reason and my workflow...

https://www.psychicmodulation.com/pulsecode.html

Anyone here using it?

My issue is how to make best use of it... I think it's sequencer is smart, but there are only 4 patterns with 16 steps each... That seems not enough for a whole song... And doing everything in the Reason sequencer seems to be limiting the access to its unique flow and fracture features... Out of the box I was able to record muting individual drum parts... (BD, SD, etc...) But am a little intimidated to try to map the whole thing... Any hints?

D.

sleep1979

18 Apr 2019

I dont use it but i have bought phonec and its amazing , what i would say is email jack the creator he is quite quick to get back to you and is a good guy so i think u should email him your questions.🙂

sleep1979

18 Apr 2019

Actually i think he uses ableton it’s worth a shot though

eusti

18 Apr 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
18 Apr 2019
I dont use it but i have bought phonec and its amazing , what i would say is email jack the creator he is quite quick to get back to you and is a good guy so i think u should email him your questions.🙂
Thank you! I shot him an email just prior to posting here... Thought it would possibly help me and it might interesting for others too...
Am pretty fascinated by the plugs!

D.

sleep1979

18 Apr 2019

eusti wrote:
18 Apr 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
18 Apr 2019
Thank you! I shot him an email just prior to posting here... Thought it would possibly help me and it might interesting for others too...
Am pretty fascinated by the plugs!

D.
Yeah phonec is amazing as a synth and u can use the melt eq and delay as effects on other plug in instruments , i printed out the manual recently its the one synth i want to learn though and through , love that old worn sound , ill have to demo that drum machine , echomelt is cool aswell , but im using the melt from phonec as effects so dont think i need that one .

eusti

18 Apr 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
18 Apr 2019
Yeah phonec is amazing as a synth and u can use the melt eq and delay as effects on other plug in instruments , i printed out the manual recently its the one synth i want to learn though and through , love that old worn sound , ill have to demo that drum machine , echomelt is cool aswell , but im using the melt from phonec as effects so dont think i need that one .
Quite taken with Phonec2 at the moment too... Not sure why I like it so much... But somehow it seems to work for me at the moment...

D.

sleep1979

18 Apr 2019

eusti wrote:
18 Apr 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
18 Apr 2019
Quite taken with Phonec2 at the moment too... Not sure why I like it so much... But somehow it seems to work for me at the moment...

D.
I dont think its the most amazing sounding synth it just has loads of great features and is set out very well .

pjdick

18 Jan 2021

eusti wrote:
18 Apr 2019
Psychic Modulation has a spring sale at the moment.

I quite like this plugin, but am still struggling with the sequencer and how to best use it in Reason and my workflow...

https://www.psychicmodulation.com/pulsecode.html

Anyone here using it?

My issue is how to make best use of it... I think it's sequencer is smart, but there are only 4 patterns with 16 steps each... That seems not enough for a whole song... And doing everything in the Reason sequencer seems to be limiting the access to its unique flow and fracture features... Out of the box I was able to record muting individual drum parts... (BD, SD, etc...) But am a little intimidated to try to map the whole thing... Any hints?

D.
Hi,

Did you ever manage to fit this into your workflow. I recently bought it and Im having the same issue as you. I managed to use it for a track (just a 64 set pattern looped), but when I wanted to flesh it out into a song I came to a dead end. Im guessing the only way is to record each pattern to audio.

Iapetus 9

25 Jan 2021

I test drove Pulse Code, and opted out. The sequencer has some great value, but the drum sounds just aren't my bag and there's no way to import samples. That said, Psychic Modulation is probably my favorite VST dev. Phonec 2 is a beast, and all the effects are 1st class. They're working on Phonec 3 as we speak.
38L > 51D every time.

• Information