(RESOLVED) Can somebody test 'Waves Flow Motion FM Synth' with R10.3

Discuss VST stuff here!
BananaSkins

17 Apr 2019

Please can somebody test Flow Motion FM Synth with the latest reason update 10.3?

It opened up and worked perfectly for me using 10.2 but now (See attached picture)!!!!!!!!!

Cheers for any help... :thumbs_up:
Attachments
Flow Motion Error with R10.3.jpg
Flow Motion Error with R10.3.jpg (194.55 KiB) Viewed 2011 times
Last edited by BananaSkins on 20 Apr 2019, edited 1 time in total.

BananaSkins

17 Apr 2019

Here's what happens when I try to close the Flow Motion window...
Attachments
Flow Motion Error closing R10.3.jpg
Flow Motion Error closing R10.3.jpg (61.34 KiB) Viewed 2003 times

hurricane
Competition Winner

17 Apr 2019

Works fine for me, but I'm on a Mac.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

BananaSkins

17 Apr 2019

hurricane wrote:
17 Apr 2019

Ok thanks - yep on windows here but like I said worked fine in 10.2

danc

17 Apr 2019

BananaSkins wrote:
17 Apr 2019
hurricane wrote:
17 Apr 2019

Ok thanks - yep on windows here but like I said worked fine in 10.2
Works fine for me in 10.3 (windows 10).
As mentioned in main 10.3 thread in general section.... I have issues mainly with unfiltered audio vsts (although BYOME works ok).

I've tried most waves vsts in 10.3.and they are fine.
Check my Soundcloud:

BananaSkins

17 Apr 2019

danc wrote:
17 Apr 2019

Works fine for me in 10.3 (windows 10).
As mentioned in main 10.3 thread in general section.... I have issues mainly with unfiltered audio vsts (although BYOME works ok).

I've tried most waves vsts in 10.3.and they are fine.
Ok thanks for testing - strange why I can not open it :?

Just to add the Flow Motion standalone application opens and plays fine. So something under the newly constructed Reason 10.3 hood has bugged it up for me :(

Ahornberg

18 Apr 2019

I always have problems with Waves VSTs. It's about 50:50 that Waves VSTs crash at Reason startup. This hasn't changed in 10.3.

hurricane
Competition Winner

18 Apr 2019

Ahornberg wrote:
18 Apr 2019
I always have problems with Waves VSTs. It's about 50:50 that Waves VSTs crash at Reason startup. This hasn't changed in 10.3.
And on the other side of that, I've never had any Waves VSTs crash on me, and I use them A LOT.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Ahornberg

18 Apr 2019

hurricane wrote:
18 Apr 2019
Ahornberg wrote:
18 Apr 2019
And on the other side of that, I've never had any Waves VSTs crash on me, and I use them A LOT.
Maybe it's a Windows problem.

ScuzzyEye

18 Apr 2019

Ahornberg wrote:
18 Apr 2019
I always noticed when loading Reason the cursor changes to have the Waves logo below it for a split-second. Waves VSTs are definitely doing something while being probed during load, and I could see that causing troubles.

BananaSkins

18 Apr 2019

When I have the blank Flow Motion window open I can see the DSP meter going mad in the red zone then calms down when I shut the window.

Definitely didn't do that in Reason 10.2 :(

NekujaK

18 Apr 2019

This may or may not help, but you might try running Waves Central to see if any Waves plugins have updates available.

Every now and then my Waves plugins cause Reason to take forever to startip So instead of 5-10 seconds to startup, it takes 10-15 minutes, as each Waves plugin is scanned by Reason at a snail's pace. So far, every time this has happened, it turns out updates were available for one or more of my Waves plugins (I don't know how my machine knows that, since it's off the internet except to download new plugins, but oh well...). Performing an update from Waves Central returns the startup times to normal again.

Don't know if this will help in your situation, but it's worth a try.
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

Loque

18 Apr 2019

NekujaK wrote:
18 Apr 2019
instead of 5-10 seconds to startup, it takes 10-15 minutes
Lol...thank god my free wave plugins just crashed and i never touched them again :-D

10-15 minutes is really hard...
Reason12, Win10

NekujaK

18 Apr 2019

Loque wrote:
18 Apr 2019
Lol...thank god my free wave plugins just crashed and i never touched them again :-D

It's pretty bizarre, but once I figured out updating fixed the problem, it's really not that bad. Occurs maybe once every 2-3 months, and updating the plugins only takes a few minutes. It's worth it for me, because Waves plugins are one of the backbones of my mixing work, along with Plugin Alliance, IK, and a handful of others.

What's strange is my other DAWs, like Reaper, are not affected by the Waves update/startup issue, and it sounds like there are a lot of Reason users who don't experience this, either. So maybe some weird quirk in my setup (I'm on Win 7). But I also think Reason is at fault, because as we all know, Reason also has difficulty handling quite a few other VSTs that run fine in other DAWs.

Loque

18 Apr 2019

NekujaK wrote:
18 Apr 2019
Loque wrote:
18 Apr 2019

It's pretty bizarre, but once I figured out updating fixed the problem, it's really not that bad. Occurs maybe once every 2-3 months, and updating the plugins only takes a few minutes. It's worth it for me, because Waves plugins are one of the backbones of my mixing work, along with Plugin Alliance, IK, and a handful of others.

What's strange is my other DAWs, like Reaper, are not affected by the Waves update/startup issue, and it sounds like there are a lot of Reason users who don't experience this, either. So maybe some weird quirk in my setup (I'm on Win 7). But I also think Reason is at fault, because as we all know, Reason also has difficulty handling quite a few other VSTs that run fine in other DAWs.
Might be a bit offtpoic, but any word on price/quality on plugin alliance?
Reason12, Win10

BananaSkins

18 Apr 2019

Going round in circles a bit here...

I have just realised when I installed Reason 10.3 I got this error, (SEE ATTACHMENT) so I clicked abort but it installed 10.3 anyway.
I have just looked at control panel / programs installed and it said Reason 10.2? But I have definitely been using Reason 10.3.

So I uninstalled Reason 10.2 - installed Reason 10 and then upgraded from there back to Reason 10.3

Again I get the same error window (SEE ATTACHMENT) this time I clicked ignore and Reason 10.3 is installed.

Is this file error important?
Attachments
error file for 10.3.jpg
error file for 10.3.jpg (30.91 KiB) Viewed 1861 times

ScuzzyEye

18 Apr 2019

BananaSkins wrote:
18 Apr 2019
Is this file error important?
OTFs are Open Type Fonts. So it's not important, but Reason probably won't either look right, or perhaps fail to start without it.

But the error sounds like the file is still open and in use, and that's why it can't be replaced. I don't know why that would happen.

I'd try uninstalling everything, and then rebooting the computer, and then deleting the Propellerhead Reason folders that remain in Program Files. Then reboot again. Then finally install 10.3 directly.

NekujaK

18 Apr 2019

Loque wrote:
18 Apr 2019
I really like nearly every PA plugin I have (over 50 of them). They run rock solid in Reason and are generally very light on CPU, especially when compared to some Waves VSTs. However, I've read posts that some of the Unfiltered Audio plugins aren't working in 10.3.

Their SSL channel strips, saturation units, some EQs, Thorn and Oberhausen synths, and guitar amps are some of my favorites.

The PA pricing scheme is a bit strange and sometimes it seems like they're playing a big shell game. While the retail prices are wildly inflated, they constantly run monthly specials and flash sales. And once you own a few of their plugins, they also send you monthly discount vouchers that can be applied to any order - the more plugins you own, the bigger the voucher. At this point, my monthly vouchers are worth $75 and combining that with monthly specials and flash sales, means I typically pay less than $25 for their plugins.

I can heartily recommend PA plugins for both mixing and sound design.

BananaSkins

20 Apr 2019

I finally have the Waves Flow Motion VST visable and up and running in Reason 10.3

I traced my system back to Windows installing an update in between the transition from R10.2 to R10.3 :roll:

I rolled back the update and voila Reason and Waves are now running hand in hand.

P.s if anyone has any knock backs with installing Wave plugins via the Waves Central installer; I suggest clearing out the Waves cache folder then try again ;)

Thanks to all that offered their advice :thumbs_up:

Boombastix
Competition Winner

20 Apr 2019

Loque wrote:
18 Apr 2019
The Lindell ChannelX strip is on sale now. Normally $250, but down to $29. I have not seen it this low. It is a very good strip, especially at this price. I can recommend it.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

BananaSkins

21 Apr 2019

BananaSkins wrote:
20 Apr 2019
I finally have the Waves Flow Motion VST visable and up and running in Reason 10.3

I traced my system back to Windows installing an update in between the transition from R10.2 to R10.3 :roll:

I rolled back the update and voila Reason and Waves are now running hand in hand.

P.s if anyone has any knock backs with installing Wave plugins via the Waves Central installer; I suggest clearing out the Waves cache folder then try again ;)

Thanks to all that offered their advice :thumbs_up:

Please lock this thread now...

• Information