Anybody help me with Regroover Essential

Discuss VST stuff here!
MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Apr 2019

I just got Regroover Essential and it’s great. I can load wav. files by pressing on the load button. I should however be able just to drag samples into Regroover. When I drag from the browser to Regroover nothing happens. I tried dragging the sample into the Sequencer and then from the Sequencer to Regroover but that didn’t work either. Anybody know what I’m doing wrong and can please tell me. Thanks.
Ps. I have RTFM
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

BananaSkins

17 Apr 2019

Make sure you are dragging in a wav file - but you have to upgrade from Regroover Essential to Pro $119.00 to export your results.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Apr 2019

BananaSkins wrote:
17 Apr 2019
Make sure you are dragging in a wav file - but you have to upgrade from Regroover Essential to Pro $119.00 to export your results.
Yeah. It is wav files. They load no problem from their folders but I can’t drag them in from the browser or the Sequencer. Could it be because some of them are contained in refills maybe?
Even bouncing them to audio in the Sequencer and then trying to drag from there doesn’t work. I managed to drag in a wav from my desktop but a cant drag in from within Reason.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

BananaSkins

17 Apr 2019

The best way I find is to open up an instance of ADSR Sample Manager - and then drag samples from there straight into Regroover - Instant and simple! ;)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Apr 2019

BananaSkins wrote:
17 Apr 2019
The best way I find is to open up an instance of ADSR Sample Manager - and then drag samples from there straight into Regroover - Instant and simple! ;)
Aaa. Ok.
But just to confirm my suspicions...are you able to drag in samples straight from the Reason browser or Sequencer?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

BananaSkins

17 Apr 2019

MrFigg wrote:
17 Apr 2019
Aaa. Ok.
But just to confirm my suspicions...are you able to drag in samples straight from the Reason browser or Sequencer?
No I can not...strange :?

A way round this is to right click your sample in the Reason browser and click show in browser and then drag the sample from that browser window.
Last edited by BananaSkins on 17 Apr 2019, edited 1 time in total.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Apr 2019

BananaSkins wrote:
17 Apr 2019
Aaa. Ok.
[/quote]

No I can not...strange :?

A way round this is to right click your sample in the Reason browser and click show in browser and then drag the sample form that browser window.
[/quote]

Thanks for the tip. I’ll try that tomorrow. Much appreciated. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 Apr 2019

Hmmmm...another thing which is confusing me now. Although the Regroover VST opens within Reason it can actually be dragged outside Reason as if it were a standalone program. It is the 64bit VST I have installed and even when dragged outside Reason it show a Reason icon at the top of the VST screen.

Edit: Think I've solved my first question. Drag sample to sequencer then Bounce to Disk. That works. 2nd question is still a puzzler.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Fretless Fingers

21 Apr 2019

BananaSkins wrote:
17 Apr 2019
One dope thing about reason is you can bounce in place whatever changes you make. Simply draw an empty clip and bounce in place and bam, edited drum loop etc.
:reason: v10 :record: :recycle: :refill: :re: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :ignition:
reason-expert.com Author, video maker, producer

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Apr 2019

Fretless Fingers wrote:
21 Apr 2019
BananaSkins wrote:
17 Apr 2019
One dope thing about reason is you can bounce in place whatever changes you make. Simply draw an empty clip and bounce in place and bam, edited drum loop etc.
I got in touch with Accusonus and they were really helpful. The bounce to disk workaround is what they usually suggest to customers. And as you said...bounce in place. Magic. Thats usually what I use when working with Glitchmachines stuff. :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

boingy

24 Apr 2019

I'm a bit late to the party on this one but what an astonishing piece of software! I've just spent about 30 minutes throwing random drum loops into it and letting it split them into 4 to 6 separate loops. I don't do much with loops these days but this may well inspire me to do more.

It's certainly well worth the price of free. Well, to qualify for the free I did have to pay £1.08 for some average presets for Hybrid 3 (a vst synth I got free with Akai stuff). Still a few days left on the offer: https://www.pluginboutique.com/articles/1440

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Apr 2019

boingy wrote:
24 Apr 2019
I'm a bit late to the party on this one but what an astonishing piece of software! I've just spent about 30 minutes throwing random drum loops into it and letting it split them into 4 to 6 separate loops. I don't do much with loops these days but this may well inspire me to do more.

It's certainly well worth the price of free. Well, to qualify for the free I did have to pay £1.08 for some average presets for Hybrid 3 (a vst synth I got free with Akai stuff). Still a few days left on the offer: https://www.pluginboutique.com/articles/1440
Yeah. It’s great isn’t it? :):)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

danc

25 Apr 2019

MrFigg wrote:
24 Apr 2019
boingy wrote:
24 Apr 2019

Love it. As I don't want to pay for the Pro version - which allows me to export each layer - I simply the first layer into SOLO then bounce it using bounce function in Reason... then switch to another layer and bounce that. Within 30 seconds I can have all the layers bounced and off I go!
Check my Soundcloud:

boingy

25 Apr 2019

danc wrote:
25 Apr 2019
MrFigg wrote:
24 Apr 2019

Love it. As I don't want to pay for the Pro version - which allows me to export each layer - I simply the first layer into SOLO then bounce it using bounce function in Reason... then switch to another layer and bounce that. Within 30 seconds I can have all the layers bounced and off I go!
You can trigger the layers with MIDI notes. So, for example, give it one bar each of note from C4 to D#4 and you have your 4 layers triggered one after another so you can bounce them all in one go then just cut 'em up with the razor.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Apr 2019

boingy wrote:
25 Apr 2019
danc wrote:
25 Apr 2019

You can trigger the layers with MIDI notes. So, for example, give it one bar each of note from C4 to D#4 and you have your 4 layers triggered one after another so you can bounce them all in one go then just cut 'em up with the razor.
S’what I do too.
Don’t really know what benefits there would be upgrading to pro. (For me in any case).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Fretless Fingers

26 Apr 2019

danc wrote:
25 Apr 2019
MrFigg wrote:
24 Apr 2019

I never thought to splice it up more than once. Usually I'm just trying to get rid of a kick for a top loop. I gotta try this.
:reason: v10 :record: :recycle: :refill: :re: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :ignition:

danc

26 Apr 2019

Fretless Fingers wrote:
26 Apr 2019
danc wrote:
25 Apr 2019

I never thought to splice it up more than once. Usually I'm just trying to get rid of a kick for a top loop. I gotta try this.
One other reason I bounce a layer from Regroover is to get MIDI notes (and velocity) of the separated hats layer. I might not be interested in the actual sound of the hats, but if I like the groove I'll bounce the hats layer - then drag the bounced audio file into a notes lane - giving me the MIDI.

Works well for any layer, like snares, toms etc. It's great to grab the subtleties of swing and velocity, which is absolutely paramount to get the feel.

Much better than grabbing the MIDI from a full drum loop, as it's difficult to separate what notes are what - especially if they are playing at the same time.
Check my Soundcloud:

Fretless Fingers

26 Apr 2019

danc wrote:
26 Apr 2019
Fretless Fingers wrote:
26 Apr 2019

One other reason I bounce a layer from Regroover is to get MIDI notes (and velocity) of the separated hats layer. I might not be interested in the actual sound of the hats, but if I like the groove I'll bounce the hats layer - then drag the bounced audio file into a notes lane - giving me the MIDI.

Works well for any layer, like snares, toms etc. It's great to grab the subtleties of swing and velocity, which is absolutely paramount to get the feel.

Much better than grabbing the MIDI from a full drum loop, as it's difficult to separate what notes are what - especially if they are playing at the same time.
That's actually genius. Here I am using the Hats or playing what I hear like a chump. I'm stealing this process.

• Information