Yet another RP to be released :)

Discuss VST stuff here!
MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Apr 2019

From the newsletter:

“The range of Synthesizers provided by the Rob Papen brands is versatile by all means! Each synthesizer released has its own focus, style, and direction.

Just ahead of this summer… hopefully, at the end of May or early June, the Rob Papen brand is aiming to release another synthesizer. Maybe not what you would expect, but as Rob said… it sounds so smooth and warm…. We must bring it out!

And yes, the new synthesizer will be included as part of the eXplorer-5 bundle…
So check out the tasty upgrade options below and you can already enjoy the many sound colors of the Rob Papen brand!“

The eXplorer 5 bundle just gets better and better :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

dezma

17 Apr 2019

MrFigg wrote:
17 Apr 2019
From the newsletter:

“The range of Synthesizers provided by the Rob Papen brands is versatile by all means! Each synthesizer released has its own focus, style, and direction.

Just ahead of this summer… hopefully, at the end of May or early June, the Rob Papen brand is aiming to release another synthesizer. Maybe not what you would expect, but as Rob said… it sounds so smooth and warm…. We must bring it out!

And yes, the new synthesizer will be included as part of the eXplorer-5 bundle…
So check out the tasty upgrade options below and you can already enjoy the many sound colors of the Rob Papen brand!“

The eXplorer 5 bundle just gets better and better :)
Having recently crossgraded eXplorer 5 bundle owning 3 RE's, I barely know at this point what each synth is for, but more is better I guess :P

boingy

17 Apr 2019

dezma wrote:
17 Apr 2019
... but more is better I guess :P
I used to think that but now I have more synths than songs and more EQ's than hairs on my head.

RP Explorer 5 crossgrade is astonishingly good value but it can be a bit overwhelming to get that many toys at once. Back in the days of hardware synths I used to buy one, spend about 15 minutes auditioning every preset (typically 100 or so) and then get on with playing with it. Some of these soft synths come with thousands and thousands of presets and have almost as many knobs. Suggest you seek out the "easy" button that is on some of the RP VSTs. It hides many of the controls and leaves you with a somewhat more digestible view!

Loque

17 Apr 2019

Cool. Curious what RP will come up with.

Just had a look into the newsletter. The synth has some bigger buttons than usually :lol:....probably... ;)
Reason12, Win10

hurricane
Competition Winner

17 Apr 2019

I hope it's REALLY different because so far I haven't had a reason to upgrade to 5. All his recent synths seem too similar to each other...like I couldn't tell which is which if I were presented with a blind sound test. Also, everyone has decent mastering tools nowadays, so MasterMagic isn't a draw for me. Raw Kick is simply not meant for ME. Reverser is meh.

I kind of want to see Rob Papen do a straight up analog super-powered juicy polysynth. Something to challenge DIVA.

If it's another Go2/Quad/Vecto/Predator clone, then BLAH.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

dezma

17 Apr 2019

boingy wrote:
17 Apr 2019
dezma wrote:
17 Apr 2019
... but more is better I guess :P
I used to think that but now I have more synths than songs and more EQ's than hairs on my head.
Do you have a ridiculous amount of eq's of very little hair :)

boingy

17 Apr 2019

dezma wrote:
17 Apr 2019
boingy wrote:
17 Apr 2019

Do you have a ridiculous amount of eq's of very little hair :)
I have no further comment to make, other than to say my beard is DEFINITELY not me compensating for lack of hair in other locations. :lol:

• Information