Valhalla Delay!

Discuss VST stuff here!
Loque

09 Nov 2019

Thanks guys! I never really warmed up with this delay, but if you just use it as frequency shifter FX and modulate the parameters, it sounds really great and can get very glitchy too! So thanks for bringing me in the right direction with this thing. Good one :thumbs_up:
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

09 Nov 2019

Loque wrote:
09 Nov 2019
Thanks guys! I never really warmed up with this delay, but if you just use it as frequency shifter FX and modulate the parameters, it sounds really great and can get very glitchy too! So thanks for bringing me in the right direction with this thing. Good one :thumbs_up:
Hahahahaha...you and glitch. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

EdGrip

27 Nov 2020

Breach The Sky wrote:
09 Nov 2019
Valhalla Delay, other than being a delay (obviously), is also an excellent sound coloring device when used at 100 mix and no feedback. You got tape, ehh.. better tape(?), really lofi digital sounds etc. Good stuff!
I was just exploring the two new modes last night ("Lo-fi", based on a very tired Univox tape echo, and "Pitch duck", a version of the pitch shifting algo with ducking. It can bloom shimmers in the spaces between sounds very effectively.)

I was also reminding myself what a great saturation/colouration unit it is with delay at zero. You can also use the wow and flutter settings to add tape warble to a bus, although that necessarily adds a small amount of delay.

The lo-fi mode gets very cruddy. The modulation controls add broad wobble, and the age knob adds loads of jitter.

• Information