LoudMax best loudness maximizer ever?

Discuss VST stuff here!
Marco Raaphorst

13 Apr 2019

ScuzzyEye wrote:
12 Apr 2019
I used each of Ozone's Maximizer modes. The RE only has I and II, but the VST adds III and IV.

Threshold to produce -12 dB LUFS, ceiling of -1 dB.

I nulled each of Ozone's outputs against each other, and they're very similar except of the transients. There's something slightly different with LoudMax though out much of the spectrum, but still the transients are most different.

Anyway, I put them all in a zip. http://scuzzyeye.com/tests/Aeox%20Test% ... Ozone).zip
Thanks. I felt they all sounded great. on my Sennheiser 280pro I preferred the Loudmax and I and II. will listen also on monitors and my Sennheiser HD600. Differences are small.

The track was a bit tricky because of sidechain compression, so I could really detect natural limiting, so it's a matter of taste in this on. Loudmax had the softest transients. Which is very pleasing to my ears (I don't like too sharp digital transients I must say).
Last edited by Marco Raaphorst on 14 Apr 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Marco Raaphorst

13 Apr 2019

Loque wrote:
10 Apr 2019
Marco Raaphorst wrote:
10 Apr 2019

skeptical in what sense?
Like i have G-Clip and you can crank it up like sh!t and it still sounds quite good. Add some oversampling to catch the distortion right and its even more ok.

In the end every compression/limiting changes the overall sound if used to extensively and the dynamic is reduced. I am not that into using such devices to push my stuff finally +4db louder...I use them only to catch some peaks here and there, which ran out of control and this job does nearly every of those devices. Good to have a bit control over softening and lookahead.
yes a clipper is a cool thing. you also have free clipper which even adds more oversampling. I tend to prefer that one.

Marco Raaphorst

13 Apr 2019

ScuzzyEye

13 Apr 2019

Marco Raaphorst wrote:
13 Apr 2019
Thanks. I felt they all sounded great. on my Sennheiser 280pro I preferred the Loudmax and I and II. will listen also on monitors and my Sennheiser HD600. Differences are small.

The track was a bit tricky because of sidechain compression, so I could really detect natural limiting, so it's a matter of taste in this on. Loudmax had the softest transients. Which is very pleasing to my ears (I don't like too sharp digital transients I must say).
The differences in sound are definitely small. But current, standard version of Ozone costs $250 and Loudmax is free. That is not a small difference.

I also agree, this track was not really a difficult test of a limiter. Fun test anyway.

Marco Raaphorst

14 Apr 2019

ScuzzyEye wrote:
13 Apr 2019
Marco Raaphorst wrote:
13 Apr 2019

The differences in sound are definitely small. But current, standard version of Ozone costs $250 and Loudmax is free. That is not a small difference.

I also agree, this track was not really a difficult test of a limiter. Fun test anyway.
Limiter6 is free as well. Got some great results with that one too.

aeox
Competition Winner

14 Apr 2019

Marco Raaphorst wrote:
14 Apr 2019
ScuzzyEye wrote:
13 Apr 2019

Limiter6 is free as well. Got some great results with that one too.
Check out Mclass Maximizer :D

Karim
Competition Winner

14 Apr 2019

I use it everyday since the beginning of 2019.. So I' m not alone.. :shock:
Marco Raaphorst wrote:
10 Apr 2019
Just started using this one: https://loudmax.blogspot.com Look-Ahead Brickwall Loudness Maximizer. Better than iZotope Maximizer. Better than Reason's Soft Clipper in Limiter. Better than Limiter6. Better than Ableton Limiter.

The natural sound of this is mind blowing. And free. Unbelievable.
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

Enterface

17 Apr 2019

Better than FabFilter Pro-L? I'll have to compare...

two shoes

25 Apr 2019

for almost a decade i never found a maximizer/limiter more transparent than PSP Xenon when pushed to pop CD loudness levels - I've never been a fan of Izotope's though some of the other modules in Ozone are excellent. for me Xenon was finally surpassed in this regard by the second version of FabFilter's pro-L limiter a year or so ago. from what i understand getting a really transparent sound from a limiter that is really being pushed is a fairly complex problem that requires lots of know how and some sophisticated dsp, which is probably why there are so few plugins that can do it. this has the look and feel of a one man band kind of dev operation - if he's managed to best pro-L2 after the years of research and development that a company with the resources of fabfiler put into it i'd be very impressed. on a side note i think kuassa's kratos 2 does really well on 16-24 lufs material that is allowed to breathe a little and they seem like a small dev as well so maybe this thing is designed to just do one thing (get really loud) well?? i'm still skeptical.

two shoes

25 Apr 2019

also i think i recall reading that most of the higher end limiters are actually using two limiting algorithms simultaneously.

• Information