Spire new version and sale ($129)

Discuss VST stuff here!
reddust

28 Mar 2019

Hi,

it seems like Spire became a new update (version 1.1.15) and it's on sale for the next two days in case someone here is interested.

I've been watching it for a while and it's one of the synths on my purchase list but for me it's still a little bit too expensive as the seller doesn't offer a rent-to-own purchase option and I don't have $129 to give out now on a VST, but maybe somebody here is interested and as the sale goes for such a short time I decided to share this information.

https://www.reveal-sound.com/plug-ins/spire

Loque

28 Mar 2019

Currently there are better alternatives in that price area imo. Spire lost their advance and need to catch up imo. Do not get me wrong - the soundquality is good, but the normal price tag is 189 and i never would pay that compared to alternatives.
Reason12, Win10

eusti

28 Mar 2019

Do we know what they improved in this version? Can't seem to find a list...

D.

reddust

28 Mar 2019

Loque wrote:
28 Mar 2019
Currently there are better alternatives in that price area imo. Spire lost their advance and need to catch up imo. Do not get me wrong - the soundquality is good, but the normal price tag is 189 and i never would pay that compared to alternatives.
Yes, I've been researching for synths in the last weeks/months because I'm working on a new project and I am kind of new to this world of making music primarily with synthesizers. I liked the sound of Spire but ended up getting Serum plus a bunch of REs that should be enough for me, at least for a while.

I liked the sound of Spire but the demos were mostly not as convincing as Serum's or even REs like Parsec2, Complex-1 or Resonans to me, which depends a lot on the music style I'm aiming to do. Which would be your personal choices above Spire, if I may ask. I'm still kind of searching for useful tools, even when I think I already have more than I can handle at the moment :)
Last edited by reddust on 28 Mar 2019, edited 1 time in total.

reddust

28 Mar 2019

eusti wrote:
28 Mar 2019
Do we know what they improved in this version? Can't seem to find a list...

D.
This is what I got in my Email, couldn't find this info on the website either, at least in a short search...

New Spire update (v1.1.15) is available:
+ All Osc Pitch modulation target
+ All LFO Rate modulation target
+ Factory soundbank 8 is updated
* Fixes for Pro Tools (AAX) automation
* Stability improvements

Loque

28 Mar 2019

reddust wrote:
28 Mar 2019
Yes, I've been researching for synths in the last weeks/months because I'm working on a new project and I am kind of new to this world of making music primarily with synthesizers. I liked the sound of Spire but ended up getting Serum plus a bunch of REs that should be enough for me, at least for a while.

I liked the sound of Spire but the demos were mostly not as convincing as Serum's or even REs like Parsec2, Complex-1 or Resonans to me, which depends a lot on the music style I'm aiming to do. Which would be your personal choices above Spire, if I may ask. I'm still kind of searching for useful tools, even when I think I already have more than I can handle at the moment :)
I think you have a quite interesting and distinct set of synths now and should use them until you reach a limit. One tip i can give you, try sending Parsec through Resonans...taking a percussive sound in Parsec and sending it through Resonans makes my so happy, tears are running down my eyes and i cry for joy...
Reason12, Win10

Popey
Competition Winner

28 Mar 2019

Hi i am assuming it is the vst version that has been updated as this is in the vst page. Does anyone know if this update is also for the re?

Also is it a free update?

reddust

28 Mar 2019

Loque wrote:
28 Mar 2019
I think you have a quite interesting and distinct set of synths now and should use them until you reach a limit. One tip i can give you, try sending Parsec through Resonans...taking a percussive sound in Parsec and sending it through Resonans makes my so happy, tears are running down my eyes and i cry for joy...
Thanks, that was actually my plan, getting synths that could complement each other and/or have something unique or at least something I didn't already can easily do on another synth I owned.

Haha, very good definition of what Parsec and Resonans can do together, I can imagine how interesting that combination can be after seeing what Resonans can already do out of a short white noise hit :)

Boombastix
Competition Winner

28 Mar 2019

Loque wrote:
28 Mar 2019
No, no no. Send Resonance through Parsec, add some Body Sweep and Harmonic Stretch, lol :lol:
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

• Information