Korg Gadget 2

Discuss VST stuff here!
Despondo
Competition Winner

28 Feb 2019

The KORG Gadget 2 plugins are now compatible with Windows.
Looks like the app is still only for Mac, but the above quote states that the plugins are Windows compatible now.

https://www.korg.com/us/products/software/korg_gadget/

KORG Gadget is the best all-in-one music production software and plugin collection; the intuitive user interface provides over 40 small synthesizers and drum machines called “Gadgets," that you can freely combine for music production. Starting with the award winning iOS edition, followed by Gadget for Mac with its powerful plugin collection, now the Gadget plug-ins are now Windows compatible." With carefully selected parameters and at-the-ready sounds/presets, you can now use various powerful gadgets with your favorite DAW on your Mac/PC.

With improved sound and utility efficiency, the second generation KORG Gadget 2 has been further enhanced to include six new gadgets. In addition, the intuitive user interface has been polished to improve ease of use. With the new design, you can now check the status of each track at a glance, an additional four new IFX have been included and you can now smoothly change the tempo as well as fade in/fade out. You can complete your music without losing inspiration, doing all of your work with KORG Gadget 2.

* The standalone version is not included. This package is only for plugins compatible with Mac/PC.

Despondo
Competition Winner

28 Feb 2019

MAC/PC Compatibility chart at the bottom of this page: (Looks like some PC versions will be forthcoming)

https://www.korg.com/us/products/softwa ... hp#plugins

eusti

28 Feb 2019

Has anybody been able to figure out how much the upgrade to version 2 for the Mac is? Couldn’t find that while running around...

D.

Despondo
Competition Winner

28 Feb 2019

eusti wrote:
28 Feb 2019
Has anybody been able to figure out how much the upgrade to version 2 for the Mac is? Couldn’t find that while running around...

D.
I just did the upgrade. It was $99 USD. Full price is $199, so you save 50%

eusti

28 Feb 2019

Despondo wrote:
28 Feb 2019
eusti wrote:
28 Feb 2019

D.
I just did the upgrade. It was $99 USD. Full price is $199, so you save 50%
Ok, great! Thanks, despondo!
That’s a bit on the pricyey side, I think.
Do you feel it’s worth it?

D.

Despondo
Competition Winner

28 Feb 2019

eusti wrote:
28 Feb 2019

Ok, great! Thanks, despondo!
That’s a bit on the pricyey side, I think.
Do you feel it’s worth it?

D.
I agree it is a bit pricey. I think it is if you also want to run them on your Windows install as well (even though some are not ready yet). That's mainly why I upgraded. I am downloading on my computer at home right now (remotely from work) and will install later tonight and try them out. There are 6 NEW gadgets as well, so something else to consider.

Despondo
Competition Winner

28 Feb 2019

Correction...$199 is the SALE price for a new license (Regularly $299). $99 upgrade for current owners. I think the sale ends at the end of March.

Also, here is a direct link to the "Just Plugins" version: https://korg.shop/korg-gadget-2-plugins-for-mac-pc.html

That one is on sale for $149.

eusti

28 Feb 2019

Despondo wrote:
28 Feb 2019
Correction...$199 is the SALE price for a new license (Regularly $299). $99 upgrade for current owners. I think the sale ends at the end of March.

Also, here is a direct link to the "Just Plugins" version: https://korg.shop/korg-gadget-2-plugins-for-mac-pc.html

That one is on sale for $149.
Thanks, man! For me, I could have done with a $ 49 upgrade full Mac Gadget 1 to Gadget 2 plugins only...
Never use the app... ;)

D.

eusti

28 Feb 2019

Of course I upgraded as well...

And while I really like how Korg synths in general and the plugins sound, I always forget that they have their way of making things somewhat cumbersome to get going... At least that has been my experience in regards to plugins...
The links they send won't open with my combination of email provider and internet provider... So, I have to use my phone to hot spot my computer to access those links... I found that once they start I can switch back to my usual wifi connection...
Then I tried to register my update and couldn't get through the starting page of their website... Notified customer service...
(Who got actually back to me quite quickly... Nice surprise there!) Anyways... They had only made sure that the procedure worked on Chrome and Safari... So I made Chrome my default browser, then everything worked... But as relived as I am... I'm as well somewhat annoyed that I had to do all this trouble shooting to get something working that should have been sorted out on their end...

Sorry, end of rant! ;)

D.

hurricane
Competition Winner

28 Feb 2019

Hey Eusti - would you mind posting a screenshot of the polysix gadget?
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

eusti

28 Feb 2019

hurricane wrote:
28 Feb 2019
Hey Eusti - would you mind posting a screenshot of the polysix gadget?
Sure thing.

Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 22.33.36.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 22.33.36.png (537.95 KiB) Viewed 1532 times
D.

chimp_spanner

01 Mar 2019

I feel like Korg have kinda dropped the ball on this release. Half the gadgets aren't available for PC at launch (and by the time they are there's no guarantee it'll still be on sale). And the actual app update is majorly underwhelming. I mean, I have it on iPad so the update was "free", in as much as I'd already bought iMS 20 and PolySix ages ago and didn't need to spend any more money. But there's soooo much it can't do still. Track names and MIDI out aren't version 2 material. Not in 2019 IMO.

I mean, I'm still kinda tempted to get the VST bundle only because it *is* good value, when you consider that there are some RE's that cost close to what the whole collection costs. But I don't know how long it's gonna take them to bring the remaining gadgets to the platform.

Lizard

02 Mar 2019

I have the iPad version and always wanted it to come to PC. Not it is so this attempt is very welcome for me. I'm a fan of Korg for things big and small, hardware and software. They have about half of the devices available for PC at this time. Though that may seem disappointing since Mac users have them all but this is a step in the right direction and I am certain they will in shorter time have the rest. There has to be a reason why only half. I can't see them not following through for PC users. Still it installed 20 for me.

At $149 for the sale it's a little under $7.50 per plugin. Only deal I've had come close to that was Arturia. Mind you these small compact devices are feature rich synths. "Pompei" IS a Polysix. "Phoenix" is an OB-8. "Marsaille" to my recollection is nearly all the PCM data from a Korg Triton. No drums in there. There is A LOT in this group just for what is already offered. And when the the other half come.... it'll be like Christmas. :lol:

I was worried about CPU usage after having the Roland plugins but these have very little memory usage. I've loaded up a song with them and haven't been over 1 DSP bar yet.. My only complaint at this stage is patch navigation. I can't remote it with my Nektar P6 and from the VST Reason device it only displays the patch name. It does not allow you to navigate them. Only way is to open the device and click. :(

Phoenix 1.png
Phoenix 1.png (375.53 KiB) Viewed 1420 times
Phoenix 2.png
Phoenix 2.png (374.23 KiB) Viewed 1420 times

Steedus
Competition Winner

02 Mar 2019

Hmm I forgot about Gadget. When that ripper deal came through via Propellerhead I didn’t have a Mac, but now I do.. might have to take a look at it. Might fun as a loop based sketch pad. And getting the VSTs as a bonus is pretty sweet.

• Information